Alternating Water & Nutes

Pbass

Hiyall, it was brought to my attention that I was doing it wrong by watering my plants every time with 25-50% nuted water instead of alternating water/nute. The reason I do it that way (besides being a bit lazy and not that concerned) is I have a very hard time remembering what cycle I'm on between just water and nuted water. (Ref. memory loss thread) So far it's been pretty successful? (Ref. my grow journal)

My question is how is my feeding schedule any different from a grow using prefertilized soil? Seems to me that system ends up in nutes distributed every watering also.

If it is working then don't change it, if they are getting nute burn or toxicity then may have to adjust it. And problem with the prefertilized soil (as in time release stuff) is you have no control over when they release, some strains can be picky one way or another (want more or don't want much) which makes growing multiple strains tougher if you end up having to feed them all different. Far as remembering goes why one keeps a journal or writes it down, then you know when you fed and how much if any nutrients, easier to adjust if necessary that way, as I tend to have CRS too (can't remember squat (or some other word ;) ))

Back
Top Bottom