Basilicum indoor grow report

iamabsolem

Hi there,

you may know me from my journal in progress where I meet some difficulties growing cannabis atm. Besides that, I am growing some basilicum indoors now. I bought it yesterday at the supermarket and let it stand on my window sill at night when the leaves started hanging, so I decided to use my 1000k 15w fluorescent tube once again and place it in my wardrobe beneath my grow box.

repotted into 7l Plagron Batmix mixed with 3l Neudorff Seedling- and Cutting soil. My feeding schedule is to feed an universal feeding (NPK 5/5/5) with every watering. Light cycles are 18/6 until it has recovered.

WIN_20220402_12_04_15_Pro.jpg

and that's how I hung the lamp, I used some tapes and screwers and thighteners.
WIN_20220402_12_04_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220402_12_06_33_Pro.jpg

If anybody has got experience with growing basilicum and thinks I need to adjust parameters please comment. I am looking forward to put the leaves in an italian meal called 'aglio al olio' soon.

have a nice day
Marty

Not sure where you live, but if possible I'd grow it outdoors. Of course I'm in Cali, so the chances of frost are pretty much over. But I grow basil outdoors all the time. Now (as long as the chances of frost are gone) is a good time to grow, they will go to seed once the light period gets longer and the days get hotter. 15 watts is not a lot of light, keep it close to the plants

Where I live winter is coming back for a day or two. But probably it will be over this afternoon. I placed it back to my window now so the box' electrics don't get damaged. The basil looks healthier and more vital now, but it's too soon to place it outside. There are chances of frost until mid-May and I'm somewhat high up here where it's even worse. (Although after mid-May you can usually count on there's no frost anymore even up here.)

Chances are there was very little fertilize left in that supermarket plant
the bat mix should be enough once it starts to break down
don't keep it watered to much it like to dry out between watering or will get stem rot
also those supermarket plants have way to many plants to close together

Back
Top Bottom