Drying cannabis

dba1954

anyone ever use a hanging herb drier to dry your weed? I was thinking about doing a wet trim and then use a herb drier, maybe with a fan ... thought?
Screenshot_20210718-071204~2.png

Yes but never with a fan.It will dry much quicker in that then hanging the full plant or branches.Only time i would pull
it out again is IF i had r/h problems it being to high.Slow cure is what we aim for.I like 10 days ish but in this weather im having here i could not risk it 6/7 days was my max this go around just put it in jars today to carry on the cure.

drying racks are a bit of a gimmick but can be useful in humid conditions, and as a space saving accessory if the grow is crammed in to a small area.

a lot is going to depend on your individual conditions, making it hard to advise. i would never use a drying rack with a fan directed right at it. i am very careful using fans at all during drying.

Yep, dries cannabis too quickly.
Be good to dry herbs for cooking with like Rosemary and Oregano.

Buds should be dried slowly
I have to ask, i would think that if I took the same branches with the buds on them and layed on a screen and compared to the drying time to hanging the same one the drying time would be quite similar? And possible slower laying on a screen because it's touching the screen?

I have to ask, i would think that if I took the same branches with the buds on them and layed on a screen and compared to the drying time to hanging the same one the drying time would be quite similar? And possible slower laying on a screen because it's touching the screen?
Not sure, never seen anyone put whole branches on the screen.
Its usually all small buds

I didn't do whole branches because my branches were longer than the diameter of my mesh dryer. I felt like the buds near the outermost edges dried super fast, way faster than when hanging. (Possibly partially due to being off of the branches.) But then the buds in the very center stayed wet longer, and those were the ones I could reach and was checking so I guess it was my fault the outer stuff dried faster. Also way lower humidity outside of my grow room where I normally hang the branches.
So I guess, maybe not the fault of the dryer, maybe chalk it up to lazy user but as I said, now I just use it with stuff I can put in there and forget about!

Yes, that will work perfectly and it'll save you some space.
I normally dry my plants whole, but recently I was forced to dry a large plant in pieces and my drying rack, similar to the one you're looking at, was awesome. I hung it inside a wardrobe and it didn't dry too quickly. We have a high rH here, though...

Back
Top Bottom