Fan & Filter Size For Cooling 1000 Watters & Scrubbing

puffpuffgivea

OK, I need to cool a 1000 watt HPS and scrub the scent as well. I just got an air cooled hood with 6-inch openings. Could I start the run with a 4-inch carbon scrubber->pulling through to the 6-inch light, and possibly use a 4" vortex style inline fan to cool the light and exhaust out? I just don't know if I can go from 4" to 6" back down to 4" then out.

My room is 7x5x7 with 1- 1000 watt HPS — right now temp hangs around 85-90

I realize I can get ducting reducers for the fit, but I just want to know if these setups will work?

1.) Will this work: 4-inch carbon scrubber-> 6-inch light -> 4-inch inline vortex style fan -> exhaust out

2.) Or this: 4-inch carbon scrubber-> 6-inch light -> 6-inch inline vortex style fan -> exhaust out

3.) 6-inch carbon scrubber-> 6-inch light -> 6-inch inline vortex style fan -> exhaust out

I understand #3 is probably the "proper way" but will the other ways get the job done with no worries?

Thank you so much in advance for any helpful information. much appreciated. :passitleft:

6" scrubber-> 6" fan-> 6" light-> out

Centrifugal fans push better than they pull. Bear in mind that you are using room temp air to cool the light. You may need to pull outside air to cool the light if you still have temp issues.....

I am cooling 4000 and I always pull through the lights its way more efficent. I found pushing the hot air would get out of the hood cause of the pressure of trying to push. I would go filter light fan out. You can even hang the filter on the ceiling where the hot air is also:tokin:

I am cooling 4000 and I always pull through the lights its way more efficent. I found pushing the hot air would get out of the hood cause of the pressure of trying to push. I would go filter light fan out. You can even hang the filter on the ceiling where the hot air is also:tokin:

You apparently have little or no understanding of how a centrifugal fan operates.

If your lights were leaking hot air under pressure, they are also leaking unfiltered air into the lights under vacuum. The lights should be sealed correctly instead of using the fan incorrectly.....

Back
Top Bottom