Grapes

Anybody else, especially north of the border grow grapes. This was one of my best years. I have two plants, one Concord, the other Valiant. Both are about 12-15 years old, few years ago a cold winter killed off the vines, but they grow back from the root. I think they are doing better cause of it, have a lot bigger grapes now & more

Never weighed them but I think I got about 20 lbs

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

Nice going! I live in the heart of wine country (Napa Valley), and the growers had a less than average year, smaller grapes and less tonnage. It was a cool summer up until a couple weeks ago, first it got smoking hot, then it rained, they were picking 24/7 to beat the rot and fruit split after the rain, they even fired up the fans trying to evaporate the water. Sounded like a squadron of B-52’s!

Anybody else, especially north of the border grow grapes. This was one of my best years. I have two plants, one Concord, the other Valiant. Both are about 12-15 years old, few years ago a cold winter killed off the vines, but they grow back from the root. I think they are doing better cause of it, have a lot bigger grapes now & more

Never weighed them but I think I got about 20 lbs

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG
Do you make jam/jelly? wine?

Do you make jam/jelly? wine?
Mom took them to make 🍇 Jam 😋
Nice going! I live in the heart of wine country (Napa Valley), and the growers had a less than average year, smaller grapes and less tonnage. It was a cool summer up until a couple weeks ago, first it got smoking hot, then it rained, they were picking 24/7 to beat the rot and fruit split after the rain, they even fired up the fans trying to evaporate the water. Sounded like a squadron of B-52’s!
Figured somebody from Cali would chime in, where grapes grow like weeds. I was hoping to hear more from others that can grow them in like zone 3

Back
Top Bottom