Help with fimming

Dakisis

420 Member
This is my first attempt to fim and need a bit of help. Is this right?

20240428_172624.jpg

20240428_172816.jpg

20240428_172820.jpg

I altered the pic again and think you will understand.
Good luck with your plants.

I would say it looks like it will grow on with a bit of leaf damage.
The bulb on the mainline has not been damaged.
CA01403C-7FAF-43F1-8BEB-51336F1BFFC7.jpeg
So I went of your first Pic and I think it might be cut to low now. Wish I would of waited. Tell me what you think of this cut.

20240428_182311.jpg

20240428_182310.jpg

Fimming, just cut the very tips of the bloomy tip. Be sure you only actually just take off at the edge of the leaf where it meets the top of the 'bloombranches' right below the leaf but not the stock. Just like you're doing, maybe a milliseconds under what you've already shaved away. It'll nip the tips of all the growth in that bloomything making all the branches spark a single or double branching to grow

Fimming, just cut the very tips of the bloomy tip. Be sure you only actually just take off at the edge of the leaf where it meets the top of the 'bloombranches' right below the leaf but not the stock. Just like you're doing, maybe a milliseconds under what you've already shaved away. It'll nip the tips of all the growth in that bloomything making all the branches spark a single or double branching to grow
so this cut would be to low?
1714348628236.jpeg

Well know here in a week or 2 how well you fimmed. If you didn't get it just right you're definitely almost on point. I use my thumbnail and just sorta scoop the bloomything. No worries. What you fuck up the 1st time makes you understand and gives you the knowledge and strength to carry on the proper way the next round.

Well know here in a week or 2 how well you fimmed. If you didn't get it just right you're definitely almost on point. I use my thumbnail and just sorta scoop the bloomything. No worries. What you fuck up the 1st time makes you understand and gives you the knowledge and strength to carry on the proper way the next round.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. And your right, you gotta do it wrong to really know how to do it right. I'll post again once I know if it worked or not.

I do have a follow question. What's better for DWC coco coir or clay pebbles? And how does coco work, looking at it makes me think it would soak up water and to much saturation for the plant.

I do have a follow question. What's better for DWC coco coir or clay pebbles? And how does coco work, looking at it makes me think it would soak up water and to much saturation for the plant.

coco is for passive hydro and pebbles for active. though its not a carved in stone rule. i've used pebbles in passive, but coco is not a good active hydro media. drain to waste is another story.

Back
Top Bottom