Hi, I’m here to learn

7D4T1

420 Member
I’m from the part that speaks french in Canada.

I started growing in summer 19 after legalization happened in October 2018. I have 2 outdoor grow under my belt and one successful attempt with a rudimentary setup indoor.

This one grow convinced me that it wasn’t too hard after all so here I am, ready to learn.

I started growing in summer 19 after legalization happened in October 2018. I have 2 outdoor grow under my belt and one successful attempt with a rudimentary setup indoor.

This one grow convinced me that it wasn’t too hard after all so here I am, ready to learn.
Welcome to 420magazine magazine my friend. :welcome:
We have great sponsors that will give you a great deal on anything you need.

One question: where can I ask about general advice about building a budget friendly tent ?

I recently finished my first indoor grow in a very basic setup. A 2x2 locker, 6 x 23watt CFL lights hooked on a mechanical timer. 7weeks veg/8weeks flower with some LST and basic maintenance yielded just shy of 2 oz. I don’t know if it’s a lot or if I’m easily impressed...

Thanks for the warm welcome, now I’ll try to find my way around a bit.

One question: where can I ask about general advice about building a budget friendly tent ?

I recently finished my first indoor grow in a very basic setup. A 2x2 locker, 6 x 23watt CFL lights hooked on a mechanical timer. 7weeks veg/8weeks flower with some LST and basic maintenance yielded just shy of 2 oz. I don’t know if it’s a lot or if I’m easily impressed...

Someone nice will turn this into a thread from Frequently asked Questions I think. What light questions do you have? Welcome Bienvenu

Welcome to 420. I joined in March. Great site and so helpful here. This is my third season too. Have fun on yr next grow.

What is your chosen method to grow?
Are you going to bottle feed synthetic nutrients, or going to try Living Organic Soil, or?

Seems like Mars makes a decent cheap tent, I don't have a tent so can't speak from experience.
I would however get at least a 2x4 if you can fit it.
Mars also makes a pretty nice light to fit a 2x4 tent an SP3000

I’ve had good results with Gorilla tents.
Yes they're the best in my opinion, but, they are also the most expensive tents out there...shop around, I got a 4x8 tent and a 4x4 tent with 3 HID lights for the price of one of their 4x8 tents:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Get an old used tent and buy a can of "Flex Seal" and spray the outside if there are any light leaks :thumb:

Welcome to the :420: community @7D4T1! Looks like you came to the right place...considering you have already received some great wisdom in the few responses!

I am like you and hear to learn. The rabbit hole for learning is incredibly deep! But also, only as deep as you want to go and nobody is going to judge you for where you choose to stop. I enjoy the passive learning of reading up on older threads. Getting better with the search function is something I need to do more of. It is a good spot to find answers to questions quickly instead of starting a new thread and waiting for responses. I still find myself starting new threads with questions so I can address my situation specifically.

Again, welcome to the site and we hope you like it here! Peace

Welcome to the forum! I’m starting up my 4th grow - babies just popped today. I might’ve thrown in the towel, but I learned to not panic & not get frustrated through the support I’ve gotten here. There’s an answer for everything. Good luck!

In my opinion it really matters whether you’re going to be doing a lot of grows back to back in that tent or if it’s going to be used to house plants that are in one stage of development and then removed. I have a gorilla tent that is a 5 x 5 and it is the original type of gorilla tent, and is a tough one. I also have a lite line gorilla tent, 2 x 2 1/2 x 5‘ 7 that lasted about four years. I need to replace it right now I’m still using it but it’s really not worthy of being used, especially when you consider that it has so many light leaks. The price for a better tent is high. But not so high that the durability is a better idea than the price. Tent price seems high, but add up all the other stuff and you will see it is a small part of the total expense. I don’t believe skimping on tent, lights and nutrients are cost effective.

Welcome my friend! Tons of cool people on here to help with anything you run into it’s almost unbelievable what you can learn and the check out the sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom