Is winterizing a must?

corinth

Ive made bho with bbv set ups. It burns me up even under vac for 3 days. Theres alot of fat lipids etc . Would i just use this everclear mrthod after i vac purged my nug runs? Will it take out the bad and leave the good? Is it better on the lungs?

No matter how well you purge, traces of any solvent used will remain.

I can't smoke it, so I put it into capsules.
I just see big name companies doing some kind of final wash to clean it out . Wondering if using everxlear is about the aame thing to finish like is that winterization. Or is winterizing only done with those scary words like ethanol or something

Everclear is 95% ethanol. It and CO2 are probably the two safest solvents to use. I highly recommend using a still to recover the ethanol, if you use it. It's safer, as you condense the vapor back into a liquid.

Been making my own oil for years now. Have yet to even try winterizing. I need to though. Prolly reasearch more on it soon.

I usually place my bho after blasting and scraping on a piece of parchment paper . I take the parchment paper with the evapped bho and stick it in a vacuum oven thats under pressure 29 hg of pressure for 3 days to remove any residual butane etc. Depending on the temp i place it on i can get a few different types like shatter wax etc. I was wondering after someone winterizes would they still vac purge after.

Ive made bho with bbv set ups. It burns me up even under vac for 3 days. Theres alot of fat lipids etc . Would i just use this everclear mrthod after i vac purged my nug runs? Will it take out the bad and leave the good? Is it better on the lungs?

Winterizing will remove any of the fats/lipids yes. Does your BHO leave a lot of material on the nail/dabber after? It is it just harsh? If it melts fully and cleanly winterizing won't help.

Yes you do need to purge after using any solvent including ethanol (alcohol).

I take the parchment paper with the evapped bho and stick it in a vacuum oven thats under pressure 29 hg of pressure for

You're under vacuum, not under pressure. Negative pressure is vacuum and measured in inches of Mercury hg. Lowering the pressure lowers the boiling point, increasing pressure raises the boiling point.

Less pressure, less temp = more terpenes
More pressure, more temp = less terps

Thx turbo bucket. Yea no its ok oil my materials not really the greatest but its always nug runs from whatever ill grow. It doesnt flash or leave anything on my nails. But it is bho so its a bit harder on the lungs as flower. I always believed there was no way to keep terps unless you use fresh uncured buds not dried but fresh cut bud. Like uh uhhh mm cold live resin? That live resins new to me but i hear its bout the same. Was thinking u could do winterizing as a last step. Sorry if im confusing or asking a repeat question because this is where i quit on my oil heh ill most likely be doing some live resin testing when i get some super flavorful nugs or what not . But i really like making good bubble . Less time and way more tasty imo. I like the body high i get from bubble. People around here even in rec stores and dispensarys. U can dab full melt bubble and its awesome!!

I love bubble hash as well. This was the closest I've gotten to full melt but I don't really try for it either. I press most of my hash into rosin. I collect everything from 73-120 and make that all into hash, the rest I use for edibles. If I separated the grades out more I would have some better stuff and some lesser stuff but I don't mind.

As far as terp retention through drying goes that just depends on how well it's dried and cured. Running cured material will give you higher yields and generally a more stable end product (less runny). Generally has more complex flavor profile than fresh but the flavor strength is lower. Typically dark blonde to sometimes almost black. Most bubble hash comes from cured material.

Using fresh frozen material will give lower yields of a slightly more runny rosin. It's typically much more fragrant and includes the more volatile terpenes lost over time through the drying process. Typically a lighter color than cured material can be blonde to coffee colored but will darken further if allowed to oxidize.

Freeze dried material is the way to go, maximum terpene retention and good yields. Can produce very blonde to white hash when freeze drying the resulting hash.

I just use dried trim because that's what fits my harvest style. I like dry trimmed nugs so my trim is already dry I don't have much of a choice.

I don't winterize my rosin, it's really only necessary with vape cartridges. Some outdoor plants get a very thick wax coating around the trichome heads compared to indoor plants those can be winterized to clean up the product a bit if needed.

Wow. That hash is beautiful brother. Peanut butter color not if any plant matter i see no green or black wow i bet that tastes wonderful. I see exactly what you mean. Only difference between our material is yoirs im sure is a bit more higher quality then mine judging by how light that is. Thanks for the info Turbo you sure do know your stuff bro. Once i get to where i need to be ima prolly make quite a bit more bubble .

Hash makin day✌

Attachments

• 15892426959208485616427148174508.jpg
    15892426959208485616427148174508.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 94
Not sure what vac purge is / means. Sorry not the sharpest crayon in the box, but i'm the most colorful. ;)
This bho i made like 8 months ago. Still taste like sap. Purger in a bvv oven for 3 days at like 105 degrees. It stays the same texture for the modt part. When its warm itll mold into a .glob butstays clear mostly. Some people say it doesnt stay good that long but i think if u vac purge it it helps alot. I wouldnt vape or dab anything that wasnt purged

Attachments

• 15893432085446735501048569329674.jpg
    15893432085446735501048569329674.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom