Just started germination. question about timing set-up

jnt62

I just placed fem OG Kush Auto seeds in prepared Rockwool. I want to run my 6, 2-gallon bucket, w/hydroton set-up with H2O2 and water to sterilize everything, then flush. Then mix nutes and move the seedling to the system.

How long should I wait after the seeds pop to start this regime so that the reservoir won't be sitting too long? I guess you can tell this is my first grow

Thanks, Folks

Take your time rooting them up first mate. Don't plug em in straight away.
Takes about 2 weeks to get them lookin like this. 17 days there I think.
I'm a dick and forgot to put a cover over them that time but if you keep the roots dark they grow much longer.

Attachments

• IMG_20190422_211121.jpg
    IMG_20190422_211121.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20190422_211338.jpg
    IMG_20190422_211338.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 135
Nice looking root mass! I appreciate your help. That is just what I was looking for.

Thanks much!!!

No worries mate. Keep the cubes moist but not wet and don't ever let them dry out. Use barely any nutes while they're in them and feed with a spray bottle. It's just easier to keep them the right level of wet. Easier under a smaller powered light aswell. I use a 130w CFL reflector that can be kept 6inches away.

I saved some of the PH balanced 500PPM nut water I soaked the cubes in and put it in a spray bottle. I was using a 2ft, 2 bulb T5 6500K but it kept raising the temp to 82. I thought I should just use a temp controlled heating mat set at 72 and wait until the 1st one pops before turning on the light

4 day streach.jpg

Well, all but 1 poped over the weekend. The 1st 2 shot up to the dome. I'm sure it will all work out as long as they don't stretch much more. I had the light about 2" - 3" above the dome. Maybe it is just the strain????

Back
Top Bottom