Leaves browning and curling up on ends during flowering

randomdude83

I have one plant nearing the last few weeks of flowering. Flushed last week, now the leaves are curling up at the ends and some are showing brown. (See pics) Is this normal or do I need to correct it?
20141102_073248.jpg
20141102_073341.jpg
20141102_073358.jpg

Been having a similar issue. For me I think its nute burn. Is it on all the endges of the leaves or just the tip? Are you still feeding N? What nutes you using?

For flowering I use Fox Farm Big Bloom and Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. It's been 12 days since I gave the last nutes and five days since I flushed it with regular water.

I also notice in the bottom picture one of the leaves has the beginnings of rust colored spots. Two issues, the yellowing is too much water, the orange dots is a magnesium deficiency(use calcium/magnesium)that will fix orange spots. Always give your girls a dry out. I will give them water, wait a day, give them nutes, wait a day, then water again. And the water should never run out of the bottom of your buckets. It's good to just keep the soil moist, not wet all the time. And, schedule 1-2 day dryouts in your feedings.

I also notice in the bottom picture one of the leaves has the beginnings of rust colored spots. Two issues, the yellowing is too much water, the orange dots is a magnesium deficiency(use calcium/magnesium)that will fix orange spots. Always give your girls a dry out. I will give them water, wait a day, give them nutes, wait a day, then water again. And the water should never run out of the bottom of your buckets. It's good to just keep the soil moist, not wet all the time. And, schedule 1-2 day dryouts in your feedings.

The orange spots is Calcium def.
Why water every other day? That's way too often. Water+nutes 1 time, water until slight runoff, or less, and don't water again until the soil is almost totally dry. The time this takes will vary on your mixture, for me I go 7 days between watering. You want to water before the plant wilts, but you don't want to water too soon. This can result in stunted growth, and very weak root growth.

It's BAD to keep the soil moist OR wet all the time. Giving it time to dry out forces the roots to grow outward in search of water.

Bigger the root = Bigger the fruit

Dude, it's not normal. Brown spotting is a sign of cannabis calcium deficiency. The leaves curling back is a sign of copper deficiency. The solution is you have to ensure that your plant is getting the right pH for proper growth.

The orange spots is Calcium def.
Why water every other day? That's way too often. Water+nutes 1 time, water until slight runoff, or less, and don't water again until the soil is almost totally dry. The time this takes will vary on your mixture, for me I go 7 days between watering. You want to water before the plant wilts, but you don't want to water too soon. This can result in stunted growth, and very weak root growth.

It's BAD to keep the soil moist OR wet all the time. Giving it time to dry out forces the roots to grow outward in search of water.

Bigger the root = Bigger the fruit
What do I do w these curled up brown leaves though? I added a bit of DYNA-GRO GROW liquid plant food for my hydroponic system and the new froth looks good but still got these older brown leaves curled up still. Thanx all

What do I do w these curled up brown leaves though? I added a bit of DYNA-GRO GROW liquid plant food for my hydroponic system and the new froth looks good but still got these older brown leaves curled up still. Thanx all
A question that might help pinpoint what is going on and what to do about it.

How long ago did you add a bit of Dyna-gro Grow to the system?

The plant will not repair that type of damage which has already been done to those leaves. Wait a while and see what some of the others have to say before cutting off any leaves.

Thanks! The PH was a bit low so I added a TINY bit of PH UP but the Grow it’s been a little over week the first time then a tad bit the day before yesterday. That’s what I was wondering if maybe a snip halfway on those leaves after a couple more nodes.

Here are a couple more questions that the hydroponic growers are going to be curious about.

What is the pH of the water after you mix in the fertilizer?

And, how much fertilizer do you mix into the water?

Just letting you know that you posted your msg at the end of an older thread which means that the hydroponic people in the group might not see it. Maybe contact a moderator and see if your part of the thread can be switched over to the hydroponic forum.

Thanks a bunch I’m glad you saw it.
It’s supposed to be at 7 right? The PH.. I put new hoses on it and moved them to another spot and they look to be growing well. I really do appreciate it

I’m back to say thank you again, Smoking wings
You enlightened me with the what’s the PH after the grow liquid thing. That had to be a big part plus I over watered it by filling it to half the net pot when I changed containers and moved it. All the best

It’s supposed to be at 7 right? The PH.. I
Nope. You are growing in a hydroponic set-up and that means different methods than those of us who grow in a soil system.

When working with the pH numbers a 7 pH is considered neutral. Those growing in soil aim for a pH reading of 6.3 after any and all nutrients have been added to the water. I do not grow in a hydroponic set-up but everything I have come across recommends adjusting the pH of the water after all nutrients have been added to a pH of 5.6 if I am remembering right.

That means you add the nutrients, mix them in, wait maybe 15 minutes and take the reading. If the water needs adjusting do what is needed to get the number to 5.6 first and then add the 5.6 pH water to the system.

Since you are not getting much attention I recommend that you contact a moderator to see about moving your portion of this thread to appropriate hydroponic forum. The hydro growers will be more than happy to give tips and help to get your plants growing great.

New here so idk how to ask around but I Do appreciate yoU
I believe what you have to do is look at your first message and there should be a little bell and the word"Report". If you click on that it should open up a new message window and you can explain what you want a moderator to help you with. Not sure since I have never done it myself, just have heard about it.

When they reply back the message should show up in what is called your "Conversations". That is up at the top of the page next to your user name. It is a small envelope and when they respond there will be a number over the envelope.

Back
Top Bottom