Question about storing my buds.

GAME

I have a half oz of bubble gum that I put in a mason jar. And then I have an 1/8th of Sour Diesel in a ziploc and a nug of Orange crush in a ziploc and just over a 1/4 of Master Kush shake in in a ziploc. Can I just put the bags in the mason jar on top of the bubblegum, or I have some plastic orange "medicine bottles" I can put them into. And will the shake be ok if I leave it in the ziploc? I dont want to get three different mason jars for not much weed.

I would say double-ziplock the other buds and put them in the jar for minimum expense. If you can afford it though, buy the 1/2-pint jars with wide mouth lid. They are great for 1/4 - 1/2 sizes and you can easily pluck a bud out. Separate glass will keep the smells and tastes apart better, and if one decides to mold, it might be the only one in separate glass. I used to use a lot of these before I started growing:

20100530Aber-01.jpg

Plastic tends to get statically charged and steals the trichome heads from your buds. It can't really be recovered either. Plastic is rarely airtight either. But airtight, dark, and cool are the most important when preserving bud, even if you have to use bags.

:peace:

ok cool, I got them into another mason jar. Im gonna have to get one of those small big mouth ones like you have, I have them in 2 big mouth ones but they are taller. Thanks for the advice.

2nd hand stores usually have glass or ceramic coffee/spice containers with tight fitting lids. To get ready for the storm season, I have 3 loaded and put away. I can do without electricity and running water, but damned if I'll go smokless. (nothing plastic, as the goodie sticks to it)

My advice is glass, glass, glass, glass, glass, And, in a pinch, if you can't find a glass container for storage, then find a small metal one but only if it's airtight - find me a good airtight one and PROVE it to me, b/c I won't take your word on it). Other than that, glass.

Plastic sucks. It lets air in, it absorbs the odors, it even leaves a really awful taste on your buds if you have it in certain types of plastic or it's in there for a long time. And a plastic bag is a waste of time IMHO, unless it's for, idk, getting from point a to point b.

I second checking out the second hand stores. Lots of times you can get jars for next to nothing. They just want you to clear that crap out of the store. And have you seen those little tiny jars of jam or jelly? They are EVERYWHERE around the holidays. Or even a babyfood size jar. Perfect for storing small amounts. When I was judging a convention, some of the entrants had their buds in jars similar to that & it caught my attention.

Thanks for the advice. I got a few mason jars, but didnt want to break them out for just a little of different stuff, Id have a lot of them. But I got my situation all squared away now. And the little jelly jars and baby food jars are a good idea for the smaller amounts, they dont take up much room at all, I never thought of that.

Alot of funny ideas.. but mostly some of them are true!. yes, glass is way to go!

Back
Top Bottom