What Nutrients Should I Use?

BudGuru

No matter what, I've never understood Nutrients.
For a first timer what would you recommend for me to buy?
I'm planning on growing some Dieselryder & Snowryder in FFOF.
I've been told about many,
-Bio Bizz Grow/Bloom
-Tiger Bloom
-Grow Big
-Big Bloom
-PK13/14

When will I know when to add nutrients?
Should I put the required amount in my water and stir it and then add to the plant every other watering.

One last thing, How much NPK (ex; 0-0-0) do I need for good bud production?

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to nutrients,
Please if you can any information is helpful,
But heads up.. I'm not the brightest of the bunch..

Can't go wrong with General Hydronics Floranova series. Easy to use with good results.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS FLORANOVA

You can follow their feeding chart until you get a feel for what's going on. I've had good results (see my link below "Da Hog Shack"), and they are easy to find and not too expensive. Good Luck!

GH Feeding Chart

I'd also recommend the Botanicare Pureblend Grow and Bloom. Very simple and easy to use. Two part nutrient line, can't get much simplier. I have not personally used this, but I went to a newbies grow about 2 weeks ago and was very impressed.

Depending on the soil you use, you probably won't need to use any nutrients in your water for 1 - 3 weeks. As there is fertilizers in your soil already.

I would recommend choosing your nutrient line, and starting your plants off very lightly. 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dosage and then work your way up.

TRUST me-

use jack's classic, dynamic duo. the all purpose and the bloom. by the time your plants are 3 weeks old you should be able too feed full strength each, mixed together.
use silica. botanicare is a cheap one.
one tablespoon molasses per gallon.

water the plant with 3 times the volume of the pot(flush). when the pot is half dry, FEED. use the jack's, silica and molasses. feed the pot until decent runoff.

let it go until the plant says it needs water(drooping slightly). then start over with the 3 times water flush, wait, then feed.

f you do this you will outshine dwc systems. it's called making it rain technique.

TRUST me-

use jack's classic, dynamic duo. the all purpose and the bloom. by the time your plants are 3 weeks old you should be able too feed full strength each, mixed together.
use silica. botanicare is a cheap one.
one tablespoon molasses per gallon.

water the plant with 3 times the volume of the pot(flush). when the pot is half dry, FEED. use the jack's, silica and molasses. feed the pot until decent runoff.

let it go until the plant says it needs water(drooping slightly). then start over with the 3 times water flush, wait, then feed.

f you do this you will outshine dwc systems. it's called making it rain technique.

bloom nutes and molasses in veg?

Ok, If you are a fairly new grower, I highly reccomend trying the technaflora recipe for success kit. Its great to get used to using and mixing nutes. Just follow the recipe for success chart that comes in it, and you will have a great finished product, and a much better understanding of nutes and how to use em. they have whats called a starter kit that runs like 30 bucks and you get enough nutes to do atleast one full grow of 2-4 plants, after youve used it then Id say start upping dosages slowly to maximize yield. Deffinatly a great place to start, you really cant screw it by following the chart..
Technaflora_nute_kit.jpg

thats what all you get in the kit.
check em out on the web, its a great kit.

I don't know jack about hydro or indoor for that matter, but for outdoor, all I use is pure bat guano and fish emulsion. Check with your local, commercial growing stores and see what they have available.

As for the best NPK, you really want different NPKs at different stages of growth. Plants like a lot of Nitrogen during the veg stage, but not so much during the bud stage and you definitely don't want a lot when it comes time to harvest cuz too much will make your bud burn/taste crappy. Phosphorus is in higher demand during budding than in veg, and Potassium is used throughout veg and bud.

Ok, If you are a fairly new grower, I highly reccomend trying the technaflora recipe for success kit. Its great to get used to using and mixing nutes. Just follow the recipe for success chart that comes in it, and you will have a great finished product, and a much better understanding of nutes and how to use em. they have whats called a starter kit that runs like 30 bucks and you get enough nutes to do atleast one full grow of 2-4 plants, after youve used it then Id say start upping dosages slowly to maximize yield. Deffinatly a great place to start, you really cant screw it by following the chart..
Technaflora_nute_kit.jpg

thats what all you get in the kit.
check em out on the web, its a great kit.

OMG what a lifesaver this post is..!! I'm done with my cab and have everything ready to test..the only missing link has been nutes...this post cleared that up..

I've be researching for 2 days and didn't feel any closer to resolution of the nutes issue until I saw this..great reviews on Amazon and I think I'll start here. I was looking for simple but complex, if that makes any sense, and this starter kit seems perfect for me.

Thanks! + reps

:goodjob:

Can't go wrong with General Hydronics Floranova series. Easy to use with good results.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS FLORANOVA

You can follow their feeding chart until you get a feel for what's going on. I've had good results (see my link below "Da Hog Shack"), and they are easy to find and not too expensive. Good Luck!

GH Feeding Chart

100% this ^^^ I started with FloraNova, and will go to my (figurative) grave using them. Simple, easy to apply, and good results for a new grower. Good luck in your new hobby, BudGuru! :goodluck: :yummy:

I recently tried the SENSI GROW/BLOOM two part system and I must say I have been very impressed with two things...... 1st it is a two part system for both grow and bloom very easy but most important is the nutes ability to maintain the proper PH while supplying the plant the necessary nutes to grow. I have found with the SENSI GROW BLOOM I dont have to adjust the PH as often. JUST REQUIRES less WORK !!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Good luck stay safe and good growin

MrCloner420:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom