Who's got outdoor flowers starting?

zigzagman1960

Latitude 38–NorCal
Gelato is starting to get clusters
IMG_7174.jpeg

trainwreck has been in flower for 3 weeks
IMG_7177.jpeg
IMG_7176.jpeg

Your plant is way ahead of mine. I have one that just started flowering last week and another that still has not started. I'm at Lat-37 NorCAl. It's pretty late this year compared with previous seasons. :yummy:

Latitude 46.7 - Europe. 1 of 2 just started yesterday. The other looks like it will start any day.

Its late, they sort of overgrew while waiting to start. :ganjamon:

IMG_3532.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

Hello all,
I've got a little crop going this summer. Unfortunately, I have not been posting for a while. Work is kind of consuming all of my fun time. This summer is kind of weird. I guess because summer got off to a late start here.

This first pic is from a set of three clones that I bought. It is Panama gold. It's barely started to flower, but I'm sure it will be good come early October.

IMG_20230819_134130033_HDR.jpg

This second one is Amnesia Haze Auto. It's one of the seeds that I purchased from Barneys Farm. It is going well, but it's pretty short. Maybe 3 ft. But I guess that's just how autos grow. This is my first grow with autos, so I'm not sure how it will come out.
IMG_20230819_134146146_HDR.jpg

These next two pics are from my Enchanted Violence seed that I still have from my seed feminization I did a couple of years ago. For some reason it started budding at the end of June, so it's pretty far along now. I'll probably be harvesting this plant along with the auto next month.
IMG_20230819_134203308_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230819_134216303_HDR.jpg

These last two pics are also from the seeds I made a couple of years ago and are seeds from a different Enchanted Violence plant that I seeded. Kind of weird how the other one started budding in late June and these two are just now starting to bud.
IMG_20230819_134238180.jpg

IMG_20230819_134249600_HDR.jpg

Trainwreck updates—guessing end of September
@HayStack —I grew some autos along with reg plants 6 years ago, found them a pain. Small and not really trainable . Like to hear how you like it as harvest comes closer. Maybe genetics have improved?
IMG_7224.jpeg
IMG_7223.jpeg
IMG_7221.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I have never grown autos before. But my master plan was to start three of them back at the end of March, so I could have a little mid-season harvest. I was not expecting much. But maybe a couple of ounces from each one. I ordered some seeds from one vendor and they were not able to deliver for several months. I ordered more Auto seeds in May, but even they took longer than anticipated to get here. Needless to say, I did not get a seed in the ground until late June. But, I like the way it is growing and how it smells. I think it will be really good when it's harvest time. Hopefully, it will be ready sometime next month.

Now that I have some seeds, I'll try again next year. I may even order a few more, but this time I'll order them in November or December. Then I'll be sure to have them by March. I think I'll plant a few in lat March or early April, depending on the weather. Then they will be ready to harvest in June or early July.
I'll still be planting my normal amount of seeds in late April, but no more clones for me. It's too hard to get them in the ground early enough to have a long summer, but late enough so they don't prematurely start to flower and then go back to veg once the days get long enough.

I'll update this at harvest next month. Crossing my fingers.

Looks nice. But I admit I had to chuckle a bit because the plant is just so tiny.
When I normally think of growing outside it's in the ground. Pots have always totally retarded plant growth in my experience.

To answer your question, my autoflowering sativas started flowering in the middle of june, topping out at 2 meters high and about 2 meters across. (the seed catalog says they grow to 70cm in containers).

Usually photoperiodic (normal) plants that flower when days get short top out around 3 meters tall.

Looks nice. But I admit I had to chuckle a bit because the plant is just so tiny.
When I normally think of growing outside it's in the ground. Pots have always totally retarded plant growth in my experience.

To answer your question, my autoflowering sativas started flowering in the middle of june, topping out at 2 meters high and about 2 meters across. (the seed catalog says they grow to 70cm in containers).

Usually photoperiodic (normal) plants that flower when days get short top out around 3 meters tall.
Tiny? Don’t let a photo make you sound ignint. I lost about 2 pounds last year to a thief so this year we’re keeping em low. So last years grow netted 12 pounds instead of 14. 5 gelato monsters in the ground super cropped like crazy otherwise they’d be 10 footers, and 7 trainwreck bud bombs in 10 gal pots. Here’s a couple photos so you can see things are well below the fence line—and my 11 month old is learning to ‘watch out for the bad guys’! The last pic is last years, above the fence line
IMG_7235.jpeg
IMG_7236.jpeg
IMG_7237.jpeg

IMG_7238.jpeg

IMG_6953.jpeg

Nice. I just saw the one in a pot in the op at first.

I'm curious though.... why pots? I've been in horticulture for a long tiime and know that pots limit growth and reduce production significantly. I grow potted plants only for sale.
Autoflowering plants I've grown I've found it important to not start them early, and to get them into the GROUND asap after germination so they'll grow before auto flowering.

ack, my fingers are so sticky RN

I used to do stealth grows to hide them from the good guys. I'd camouflage them so well that my friends would be standing within a few feet from them and couldn't see them. "something smells good", lol.

It is a lot more work ro camouflage though, and I'm happy I can now grow 4 plants legally.

4.plants. Yeah. Not "square meters" like indoor growers using seas of green of hundreds of tiny plants packed together.
"4 plants" changes the methodology for sure.
I certainly don't want any dwarf varieties.
Dwarfs and smaller plants aren't required for stealth, neither the good guys or the bad guys ever saw through my disguise.

To keep some small and mobile
Nice. a friend of mine mentioned the same thing... portable.

I started on camo this spring out of habit but didn't finish it so it's incomplete but look closely you'll get the idea. And even if someone knows they're in there, access is inconvenient. No snatch and run.
It hasn't failed me *yet* and now with it being legal it's not an issue here there's no thieves in my neighborhood. They get it for free anyway ;-)

20230831_102301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom