Winter Fast Grow - I Hope

philthegeek

So, am heading off end June for a months work and hols. Will need to shut down grow completely over then.

Had a few probs with my seeds. They would pop, but not develop any further. Did a test where i germinated them in a paper towel and waited until the tap root was 15-20mm long and then transferred to a jiffy pot. That seems to have worked and now have 13 out of 16 feminised seeds establishing as seedlings. :)

Plan is that as soon as they are past 3 nodes, top them, give em a week to recover then go 12/12 light to flower them.

Have 2 other plants in the tent that are a couple of weeks older, same variety that i will grow out. Will set up in their own watering system as they are at the point now where they need a bit of nutrient and the other seedlings are to young for that. I use the autopot smartvalves and do bottom up watering with top down application of Thrive and Neem. Seems to work and not had any issues with over-watering, wet feet, or insects so far.

Anyhow, overall Day 12 for the seedlings. Everything potted up so calling this Day 1 of Veg.

Know will have to harvest these 3rd week in June whatever but that's cool.

First mofo here!. I havent been here long either if you need help theres plenty of people here willing to help but you may need to be a bit more descriptive. What strains you running? What lights you using? What ratio nutes are u feeding? Just whatever you can think of that could be helpful to the experts on this site looking in is great. Good luck fam

Started getting into this last year. Really this is 3rd grow i guess.

Light, 600W HPS, Nanolux ballast and a 1.2m x 1.2m tent.
Soil mix is low nutes and half perlite for drainage.
Nutes.... i feed them on 1/2 strength Thive about once per week.

Variety is White Widow that got crossed with an Australian industrial hemp. Not the most potent or frosty as straight WW from my reading on it, but does me well to smoke or make tincture from and was the seed i could get without risking postage through our customs and quarantine system.

Keeping it simple. :) And tinkering. Tried a "12/12 from seed" grow in a small spacebox last time. This one is a variation on that theme. Twice as many plants, topped once so should get 2-4 "main stems" off each plant instead of the 1 per plant on the last small grow. They will only be 3-4 weeks post germination by the time they go 12/12 and a week of that will be recovery from topping.

Previous threads from me or current interest:

White Widow First Grow
Philthegeek Growing Again
Holy Tincture!

Hi Guys. thanks for looking in.

Whoops kept commenting on the picture.
What am I seeing in with the pots, piping and reservoir?

Aahh...unfinished assembly. I have another smart valve that sits in the yellow box. The little 4mm pipes take the water to 250mm diameter pot saucers and its all set up level. That way one smartvalve can service multiple plants.

Had this set up for a previous grow that used 4 x 250mm diameter pots as below.

worked well.

Set it up this time as the two older plants needed nutes applied i didn't want to put on the seedlings.

Ok....had a few days doing other stuff, bush, looking at stars. Plants survived well.

Day 21 in total, and now day 1 of flowering. Have flipped to 12/12 light. :)

Have re-arranged into 1 lge tray with the auto watering set up. And this is the last of the tinkering this grow. :( Promise :)

Will let em do thar thang now apart from some defoliation in a few days time to expose branches.

Have couple of runts but will give em a go. :)

Day 31 overall. Day 10 of flowering. Have 4 showing female flowers fer sure. A few others showing signs of flowering and expected female because of the seed. All chugging along nicely. Will post new photo soon.

Bugger. :(

Ditched the two runts. And ditched 2 male plants. :(

These plants are from my 1st round of seed production and must have some males from my attempt at fertilising
some branches of original plants by brush.

10 plants left.

Day 53 / 31 of flowering.

8 plants not male. :( They are shaping up pretty well though with the buds starting to fill out and getting smelly.

Due to travel plans think will have to harvest in max 3 weeks from now regardless. This was always going to be a quick small grow. Next time more lights, big pots, 6 - 8 plants and try to fill the space i reckon. :)

Harvested, dried.

Got 54g off 8 small plants.

37.5g/m2 6.75g / plant 0.81g / day

Not impressive, particularly on a g/day basis. If i had not screwed up and gotten males would be better. :(

anyhow, shutting down for a while to travel. :) Much beach time in the offing with dark places to camp and get out the telescope. Have extensive stash of tincture to do the herbal coffee thing with while camping. :) Looking forward to Jupiter and Saturn from dark skies while slightly stoned.

Think what i will have to do next time is get about 16 plants going from my new lot of seeds ( that were from cloned females and self pollinated as some went hermie. ) Flower them fast and if all female, yay, use those seeds next grow, 6-8 plants with a longer veg time and LST. Try to fill up the tent space. :)

If i get males :( then after flowering, re-veg the females for cuttings and use for the longer grow with known fer sure fer sure females . Better think about maintaining a mother plant for clones i guess.

Anyhow, if the mods can move this to completed journals thanks. Will seeyahs all later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom