Basic Bud Brownies

Founder
The brownie has to go down in history as the classic Cannabis yummy. Anyone remember "I Love You Alice B. Toklas"? Yikes, we’re showing our age again.

During my student days at Berkeley in the 60’s, I was introduced to brownies and chocolate chip cookies that frankly were dreadful. These were the days when one simply dropped half a bag of the local leaf into the brownie mix. Ugh! I know some readers like the taste of Cannabis and while there are some strains that are a bit tasty most Cannabis tastes pretty rotten in an unprocessed state. Patients who require Cannabis food products are often already having a tough time keeping things down so the food should be appetizing, tasty, and go easy on the stomach. Here’s a powerful basic brownie recipe where you won’t be picking stems from your teeth. Proceed with caution. Diabetics beware!

Ingredients:

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 tablespoons unsweetened dairy butter-flaked into pieces
4 tablespoons better bud butter (or kief butter)-flaked into pieces
1\2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
3\4 cup regular flour-sifted
A pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 cup of sugar (plain white granulated)
1-teaspoon vanilla extract (the real deal not the "flavor")
1 cup chopped pecans (you may substitute walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, or macadamias)

Optional- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or if you’re using almonds, Amaretto

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and lightly flour dust an eight-inch baking pan. Melt the chocolate and butters together in a saucepan using low heat and constant stirring. Once smooth set the chocolate aside to completely cool.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with a mixer while slowly adding the sugar. Mix until clear and pale in color. Pour in the chocolate/butter and vanilla with constant stirring. Slowly blend in the flour and the liquor. Last, but not least, add the nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (less time is chewier and more time is drier). Heck, some of us just eat the mix. After baking, cool the brownies and cut into 12-16 squares (personally, I like triangles).

Each brownie is going to contain approximately 1\4 to 1\3 tablespoon of better bud butter. This is potent. It’s also very delicious. Do not operate heavy machinery or drive.

Recommended beverage: Morning time tea or coffee is a great accompaniment. I prefer Earl Grey tea or Guatemalan Antigua coffee. If the brownies are served after dinner, then once again coffee can be served or a desert wine like a good tawny Port. Be careful mixing alcohol with these potent brownies though, it can make ones stomach a bit upset.

From this basic recipe you can create literally hundreds of variations. Try glazing the brownies or sprinkling powdered sugar and raspberries on top.

Back
Top Bottom