420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: June 2023

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: June 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:

• Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Winner's choice of 5 x 3 Gallon Pots, 3 x 5 Gallon Pots OR 1 x 15 Gallon Pot
Geoflora Nutrients: Geoflora Veg & Geoflora Bloom (Members can only win this prize once per year)
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Herbies Seeds: 3 Seeds Each of 3 Different Strains
Vivosun: Heat Mat and Digital Thermostat Combo
Mile High Cleaner: Deluxe Cleaning Kit

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rationale in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the entry in any thread outside the contest, a signature link to the entry and campaigning via PMs - will result in the entry being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning. Any post which explicitly or implicitly encourages members to vote for a specific entry is not.

4. Members cannot nominate themselves.

5. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

6. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community can not be nominated.

7. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Keffka - Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow
February: @StoneOtter - Cherries DubeLee In A S.I.P. - An LOS Grow
March: @NickHardy - Nick Hardy's Big Grow 2023 Gorilla Glue Skunk 11 OG Kush Coco Peat Co2 Mars Hydro
April: @CaptainLucky - CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023
May: @Weffalo - 2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
June Nominees

@gwhunran - Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023
I would like to nominate a very dedicated grower that almost passes off the radar because he is very silent but once you open his journals you will find a very detailed almost calculated method, very straightforward and he uses DWC so anyone wanting to start a DWC should absolutely check his grow journal.

Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

He is growing Acapulco gold and I really like his grow, it’s like a time lapse of the grow, you can see the detailed progress of the plants, he explains how the DWC runs, ph adjustments, nutrients, and the plants are spotless, haven’t seen them with any deficiency or nut burns.

A hidden gem for anyone interested in DWC.

@LKABudMan - The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Colombian Gold In RDWC 5x5 VSF6450
I would like to nominate The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Colombian Gold In RDWC 5x5 VSF6450 by @LKABudMan for Journal of the Month.

Tbh any of LKA’s journals are JotM worthy. He takes such pride in his grows, and he takes you through each step and has a whole lotta numbers for the Rainman like grower who likes to be dazzled with PPM LUX c02 pH and S&M.

He does everything 420 Mag requests. He showcases sponsors, supports the 420 brand, is engaging, and he does all this while having a laugh.

So for June please consider this absolute legend FTW

🗳️🙂🗳️🙂🗳️🙂

@Jon - Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow
I’d like to nominate @Jon for Journal of the month for his “Sneak it in Auto Grow” journal

He’s been an occasional visitor in my threads since I joined and always just a nice guy but he didn't have a particularly active journal at the time. I’d seen the fire buds and plants he’s grown before and entered in the contests. But my first chance to follow along. Once I remembered to follow! For me me hacking bits and pieces together - repurposing or “upcycling” is a huge amount of fun. Jon is epic at it. Window fix AC unit cool your tent? He’s got a how to. He also encourages debate and different opinions in his thread. Which is cool and healthy. Learning, fun grows fire buds. I’m loving following along so he's my nomination for journal journal of the month.

@Wastei - Wastei's Twisted & Misted Girls
I'd like to nominate Wastei's Twisted & Misted Girls for grow journal of the month this month. I have a few others but his grow journal is a similar set up to mine but holds alot of useful information and a good example of how to grow in coir. Wastei has always answered questions and willing to help.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

UK is bathed in sunshine right now after 3 months of drizzle - so don't expect much input from the UK contingent at the moment lol

Sorry to hear about your weather nightmares across the pond, are you able to do a indoors grow?

This reminds me of something, that a member can be submitted for the recognition wither it is a indoors or outdoor grow journal. Have you summited anyone lately?

Sorry to hear about your weather nightmares across the pond, are you able to do a indoors grow?

This reminds me of something, that a member can be submitted for the recognition wither it is a indoors or outdoor grow journal. Have you summited anyone lately?
Hi Tok - problem with me is I can't follow the plot
I forget what's going on in any journo more than 5-10 pages
That means I'm not well placed to make any reckoning, I'd be guessing

May aswell remind you here too! 😂 Time is running short and I know most of you must have your nominations in.. I'm following so man now I just have to pick who to put up first 😂 🤔 weather you've merely just enjoyed watching a grow journal or learnt something new from one get them in! They deserve it.. for some people squeezing a journal into their life for your enjoyment or education is difficult but their getting it done so show them it's for a good cause and you appreciate them! Lest goooo 💪🏼✌🏽

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
June Nominees

@gwhunran - Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023
I would like to nominate a very dedicated grower that almost passes off the radar because he is very silent but once you open his journals you will find a very detailed almost calculated method, very straightforward and he uses DWC so anyone wanting to start a DWC should absolutely check his grow journal.

Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

He is growing Acapulco gold and I really like his grow, it’s like a time lapse of the grow, you can see the detailed progress of the plants, he explains how the DWC runs, ph adjustments, nutrients, and the plants are spotless, haven’t seen them with any deficiency or nut burns.

A hidden gem for anyone interested in DWC.

@LKABudMan - The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Colombian Gold In RDWC 5x5 VSF6450
I would like to nominate The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Colombian Gold In RDWC 5x5 VSF6450 by @LKABudMan for Journal of the Month.

Tbh any of LKA’s journals are JotM worthy. He takes such pride in his grows, and he takes you through each step and has a whole lotta numbers for the Rainman like grower who likes to be dazzled with PPM LUX c02 pH and S&M.

He does everything 420 Mag requests. He showcases sponsors, supports the 420 brand, is engaging, and he does all this while having a laugh.

So for June please consider this absolute legend FTW

🗳️🙂🗳️🙂🗳️🙂

@Jon - Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow
I’d like to nominate @Jon for Journal of the month for his “Sneak it in Auto Grow” journal

He’s been an occasional visitor in my threads since I joined and always just a nice guy but he didn't have a particularly active journal at the time. I’d seen the fire buds and plants he’s grown before and entered in the contests. But my first chance to follow along. Once I remembered to follow! For me me hacking bits and pieces together - repurposing or “upcycling” is a huge amount of fun. Jon is epic at it. Window fix AC unit cool your tent? He’s got a how to. He also encourages debate and different opinions in his thread. Which is cool and healthy. Learning, fun grows fire buds. I’m loving following along so he's my nomination for journal journal of the month.

@Wastei - Wastei's Twisted & Misted Girls
I'd like to nominate Wastei's Twisted & Misted Girls for grow journal of the month this month. I have a few others but his grow journal is a similar set up to mine but holds alot of useful information and a good example of how to grow in coir. Wastei has always answered questions and willing to help.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Sure didn’t see this coming! Thanks so much to the person who nominated my journal. You honor me with your nomination and I am most appreciative. Good luck to all the contestants! Very happy to be considered in competition with these heavyweights.

I guess I should be careful about what I wish for, I was thinking 🤔about how great it would be if more members were involved in the contests. But now I’m in a quandary about who to vote for? I think it’s gonna be a coin toss between several deserving members.Smh CL🍀

Wow, its an honor to be nominated with these other fantastic growers. Thanks to 420 for putting on these contests and to all the sponsors that contribute. Special thanks to the member that nominated me, it's always nice to feel appreciated. Good luck to all those nominated and thanks for your contributions to 420!

And with just 9 days to go this looks like a two horse race, @Jon just behind @gwhunran - will we get a challenger from the field behind?

Not gonna lie to you - this is my favourite contest. Learn new stuff, I love reading and a ‘riting, so, oh also I won it once 😅

There’s loadsa votes still out there. Even just soend 5 minutes skimming each journal and pick. More than likely you’ll stop, pause and re read something and think, “Wait! That’s a neater way of doing x that I do that takes me an age” or whatever. 5 nominees, 25 minutes skim reading and cast a vote. Its free with added grow learning bingo even you’re not in the running!

Nick

And with just 9 days to go this looks like a two horse race, @Jon just behind @gwhunran - will we get a challenger from the field behind?

Not gonna lie to you - this is my favourite contest. Learn new stuff, I love reading and a ‘riting, so, oh also I won it once 😅

There’s loadsa votes still out there. Even just soend 5 minutes skimming each journal and pick. More than likely you’ll stop, pause and re read something and think, “Wait! That’s a neater way of doing x that I do that takes me an age” or whatever. 5 nominees, 25 minutes skim reading and cast a vote. Its free with added grow learning bingo even you’re not in the running!

Nick
Thanks Nick but it’s way too early to declare this a two horse race!

Back
Top Bottom