420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud

They are looking great! I'm curios if your choice to use the liquid nutes instead of the granular is because of the quicker uptake? You mentioned waiting to see the signs of deficiencies. By using granular, if you see something wrong, it definitely takes longer to try and fix it versus the liquids. Just wondering if that is what steered you away.

Very nice healthy looking leaves... you know how to read 'em. :thumb:
Thank you kind sir :passitleft: it took a little bit but I feel I have the grow room dialed in with the HIDs :thumb: now to try and get used to new LEDs :goof: it's a whole new set of rules :laugh:
They are looking great! I'm curios if your choice to use the liquid nutes instead of the granular is because of the quicker uptake? You mentioned waiting to see the signs of deficiencies. By using granular, if you see something wrong, it definitely takes longer to try and fix it versus the liquids. Just wondering if that is what steered you away.
I actually use both, but on different grows...I use FF inside with my cannabis girls, cuz it's, like you say, easier, quicker, and more efficient, but I'm completely organic outside with my veggie and fruit garden, and am using my "samples" from Geo Flora for my new Blueberry bushes to see how it works...and from what I understand about the GF nutes is, you amend the soil before using it to grow, and I already use "Earth Alive soil activator" for my compost bin :thumb:

EDIT: Forgot to say that the GF samples I have are from my member of the month prizes...which I understand now why they give them out :hmmmm: cause once your hooked...you gotta buy more :rofl:

I already use "Earth Alive soil activator" for my compost bin :thumb:
Daaaamn... you just made me have a "DUUUH" moment! I had some extra Soil Activator (I wish they had an account here) solution and I should have poured some into my compost pile and bins. Dumb! LOL

I have a bunch of blueberry pants. I call it blueberry alley. They are in wine barrels and border a path from our driveway to the house. They were planted for my girls. I rarely get to taste them. My daughters are like vultures and eat them up one by one, everyday (when they are in season). I added 12 more bushes to our collection this year. A few more varieties to try as well!

Shhh...don't tell them but I harvested the first berry of the year yesterday! It was magical! Haaa haaa. I'm going to have one pissed off 7 year old later when she looks for it and can't find it.

Daaaamn... you just made me have a "DUUUH" moment! I had some extra Soil Activator (I wish they had an account here) solution and I should have poured some into my compost pile and bins. Dumb! LOL

I have a bunch of blueberry pants. I call it blueberry alley. They are in wine barrels and border a path from our driveway to the house. They were planted for my girls. I rarely get to taste them. My daughters are like vultures and eat them up one by one, everyday (when they are in season). I added 12 more bushes to our collection this year. A few more varieties to try as well!

Shhh...don't tell them but I harvested the first berry of the year yesterday! It was magical! Haaa haaa. I'm going to have one pissed off 7 year old later when she looks for it and can't find it.
The main ingredient in my organics is lots of quality worm castings, that's what really brings it to life. I mean along with all the fish bones and guts, and used coffee grinds, eggshells, banana peels, yada yada ...yeah we like having a place to use all that stuff at, and I throw some of my used FFOF into it also :thumb:

The main ingredient in my organics is lots of quality worm castings, that's what really brings it to life. I mean along with all the fish bones and guts, and used coffee grinds, eggshells, banana peels, yada yada ...yeah we like having a place to use all that stuff at, and I throw some of my used FFOF into it also :thumb:
Same here man! I also have 2 worm bins going. Magical stuff indeed! I'm the compost police in the house. LOL. Wife makes fun of me. She'll throw egg shells and banana peels in the garbage just to mess with me! Damn woman... LOL

Same here man! I also have 2 worm bins going. Magical stuff indeed! I'm the compost police in the house. LOL. Wife makes fun of me. She'll throw egg shells and banana peels in the garbage just to mess with me! Damn woman... LOL
I do it cause it's good for my garden :thumb: she does it cause, she's a bit of a tree hugger :rofl: but hey :hmmmm: I love her because of everything she is, and a few things she isn't :rofl:

Thank you kind sir :passitleft: it took a little bit but I feel I have the grow room dialed in with the HIDs :thumb: now to try and get used to new LEDs :goof: it's a whole new set of rules :laugh:
Can't wait to see what you can do with them.
I'm completely organic outside with my veggie and fruit garden
Should be some tasty veggies... I just started a few tomatoes outside in the yard. All they got fed so far is a little fish bone meal... I planted them in a patch of clover for nitrogen, the potassium was added last year to the whole yard so I'm hoping it lasts me the rest of the season. Now for a few patties of organic beef from the local farm. :circle-of-love:

Can't wait to see what you can do with them.

Should be some tasty veggies... I just started a few tomatoes outside in the yard. All they got fed so far is a little fish bone meal... I planted them in a patch of clover for nitrogen, the potassium was added last year to the whole yard so I'm hoping it lasts me the rest of the season. Now for a few patties of organic beef from the local farm. :circle-of-love:
I mark my garden area, and then till it loose, and remove the top 10 inches or so of older soil and replace it with the organic compost I've been mixing since last year at this time...then I use the old soil to start my new compost pile and mix it up all year, for next season :thumb: and I have a friend that raises grain fed beef, pigs hogs, and free range chickens, not only do I get my fresh meat from him, but I can haul away all the manure my truck can hold :rofl:

I have a friend that raises grain fed beef, pigs hogs, and free range chickens, not only do I get my fresh meat from him, but I can haul away all the manure my truck can hold
Funny you should mention that... I was just thinking how chemically fed animal manure smells so much worse than organically fed... must be the microbes it attracts.

That would definitely make some killer veggies, especially if you let it compost all year (no compost flavor in the plants).

:yummy:

A little update on the babies. They dried out in 2 days from a half strength feeding til runoff. So I'll most likely be transplanting them tonight into FFOF and putting them under my new @OfficialWEEGrow lights.
I have to say that from the 3 I popped, 2 look like their keeping up with each other in girth if not height, and then there's the Runt :rofl: although, they usually end up being the strongest. One just seems to want to keep stretching, no matter how close I try to keep my light to it, hence the transplant and under my new LEDs...finally :slide:... I'm gonna see how much difference there is between my 400 watt MH HID veg light and these new 110w LEDs x 2...:hmmmm: how are they going to stack up :hmmmm: well I guess we're going to find out :thumb:
Here's the pics I took last night...

So I just spent the last 4 hours decontaminating my grow room :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: had a plant hermie on me :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: but, I got to it before it could pop any sacs open...I hope :nervous-guy: wasn't taking a chance, and scrubbed the hole place thoroughly anyhow :thumb:...
Now it's off to transplant my baby GSC's into bigger homes...
freshly scrubbed tent

Okay, we must be off to the races, it's only taken a day and a half for them to feel empty so...it's time for an actual feed at half strength until a little runoff tonight, and we'll go from there and see how long until they feel empty again.
I decided on using my Fox Farms nutrients as apposed to the Geo Flora :hmmmm: what with having to deal with the new LEDs from @OfficialWEEGrow (It will be my first time growing under LEDs) I don't want to change a whole lot on this grow. I'd hate to mess up the GSC that we got compliments of @Weed Seeds Express, thanks to both of you guys BTW.

So basically half strength for what I'm using is 1 tbsp or 15ml of FF Big Bloom (Bat guano & Worm casting tea) and a half of a tsp or 2.5ml of FF Grow Big (Veg nutrients)

Here they are tonight...

Our true pleasure! This will be a great grow!

So I just spent the last 4 hours decontaminating my grow room :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: had a plant hermie on me :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: but, I got to it before it could pop any sacs open...I hope :nervous-guy: wasn't taking a chance, and scrubbed the hole place thoroughly anyhow :thumb:...
Now it's off to transplant my baby GSC's into bigger homes...
freshly scrubbed tent
Looks like you could have a surgery in that tent :laughtwo: Good job :thumb:

Your plants look really healthy - great green color - they are 6 days ahead of my seedlings. I’ll have to do the same with my tent. What do you do to clean it?

Your plants look really healthy - great green color - they are 6 days ahead of my seedlings. I’ll have to do the same with my tent. What do you do to clean it?
Thank you :passitleft: I use warm bleach water in a spray bottle.

I finally got everything cleaned, wiped down, and put back together...and the girls are in their new pots of FFOF, and also under their new @OfficialWEEGrow lights :slide:...
I'm already having problems with one of the remotes for the lights, and all the stickers came off, so I took some packing tape and made them into tent stickers :rofl: and put them on the wall :thumb:...here they are in their new homes :snowboating:

Well I've topped them and they're getting ready for a full strength feeding :morenutes:
They seem to be doing really well under the 2 WeeGrow lights, but I did already add some cal-mag to their feedings :idea:

So here they are tonight...and they're starting to get a little bigger :yahoo:

They look good. How old are they now?

Back
Top Bottom