420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: November 2011

Vote for Plant of the Month - November 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the lovely Pineapple Express

MG_2143.jpg

You got my vote. :adore:

OMG! I just tried the water cured buds from my monster plant. They are awesome and smell fruity! It seemed to bring out the taste and flavors I like while muting the pine citrus I don't. This third grow of hermits way more potent too. If I can water cure dried buds, I might do more! Bag appeal, no biggy as it's all for me and what's left gets donated. :)

I love the colors on some of these plants.... The bud above looks just like my indoor Bubba Kush and White Skunk. When I grow inside, most of my plants get these fall colors. Outside, they stayed green then went yellow just before harvest. What's the deal with that? I thought it was temlerature, but outdoor is cooler than in. (just curious)

As usual. There are some very handsome bud pics. Does everyone else spend too much time looking at their plants through a camera lense? :))))) The plants are teaching me how to use my camera... Kinda fun too.

Good luck!

OMG! I just tried the water cured buds from my monster plant. They are awesome and smell fruity! It seemed to bring out the taste and flavors I like while muting the pine citrus I don't. This third grow of hermits way more potent too. If I can water cure dried buds, I might do more! Bag appeal, no biggy as it's all for me and what's left gets donated. :)

I love the colors on some of these plants.... The bud above looks just like my indoor Bubba Kush and White Skunk. When I grow inside, most of my plants get these fall colors. Outside, they stayed green then went yellow just before harvest. What's the deal with that? I thought it was temlerature, but outdoor is cooler than in. (just curious)

As usual. There are some very handsome bud pics. Does everyone else spend too much time looking at their plants through a camera lense? :))))) The plants are teaching me how to use my camera... Kinda fun too.

Good luck!

I have never really taken pics before starting this hobby. It wasn't much my thing but after getting a decent hand-me-down camera, I started really enjoying it. Editing photos and trying to get the crisp shots that everyone love looking at. I have learn so much from this site. A lot of my photo editing inspiration has come from twelve12. from the idea of photo labeling and white balance tutorials, he has helped me a lot.

I was just admiring 12 12's photo too. :) What kind of camera/ lens/ setting can get this? I rented a macro lens to try and was really disappointed. It wasn't worth buying and was no better than the macro button on the camera... 12/12 What are you using????? Those photos look better than buds under my scope! T1G, you have some nice pices in your journal too. The long slender pistils on your lemon skunk just beg to have pics taken. You captured a nice photo of them! Angel hair...

I've never heard of photo labeling. ?? If you have a fav tutorial site, I'd love to get the links. You have nailed it... all the photos here have really inspired me too. The colors and alien landscape of a closeup bud shot are just beautiful!!! The trichs make the photos light up like natural Christmas trees sprinkled with ice.

Do these photos require special lenses or effects? Do you use any kind of umbrellas, light boxes, diffusers? You nailed it... it's the crispness of the photos, perfect word! How!? The best I can do is blow up the pics and crop as close as I can before getting blurry. It's not enough to get pcs like 12 12. The only thing I've figured out is the white balance. That was huge to learn under the HPS lights. :)))) I really need to find a class, but locally it's just portraits. I luv the tiny details barely seen by the human eye, phooey with pics of people.... bleh. BORING! There was someone on this site that had a microscope hooked up to the computer. That's another gadget for my wish list, curse the prices.

I know it's odd, but since I will have my property completely gated some day, I'd like to grow and train a few of the unusual and stunning strains I see here and train these plants to blend and enhance my landscaping. I've observed people don't see things hidden in plan sight, even pot plants. ;) One visitor noticed a potted MJ plant in my flower garden and asked what that beautiful plant was called. LMAO! Doing things differently keeps life entertaining.

In a nutshell, I believe photographing your plants is one hell of a good way to intimately get to know them and observe the changes in the plant as it matures, plus be on top of problems before they are visible to the naked eye. Does anyone else take photos and leisurely go through them and look for problems while relaxing in the evening? I consider this part of my pest and disease prevention! :thumb:

Ya'll need to start a cannabis photography thread and share some trade secrets! (plz??) :adore: Back to trimming the harvest.. the boring stuff. g'night!
:thanks:

Lusi ~ Glad you enjoy the snap shots. I find it is best to have a smoke session before taking some pics. Time really slowed down and the focus is on the plant instead the whole aspect of growing.

To achieve high quality images you would need to understand how to use your camera. To have most control I find manual mode works best. You don't need a professional camera to do it, a point-n-shoot will do (it has its limits). Got a camera as a birthday gift from last year and have been learning how to use it ever since. Didn't really have a subject until I started growing. The camera I got was Canon 5D, with 24-70mm L lens, shoot in manual mode, custom white balance, with RAW+JPEG setting for pics. Before this I was shooting in auto mode, since then never went back to it.

The sharpness is natural from the glass quality of the lens. One can control the exposure and sharpness with f-stop, I find f/8-f/11 offer the most sharpness. It vary on type of lens. For close ups I like to shoot at f/2.8 for the depth of field effect (background blur while the subject stays sharp). Trying to use natural surrounding light as possible unless it require fill light which any light would do (CFL, flash light, white paper, etc). Overall the lens on DSLR is huge allowing more light to pass through which contribute to image quality. The camera is a tool to capture light. Dial in on the f-stop and shutter speed, with white balance and you're good to go. The only thing left is train the eye. You'll then have your own style like many do with their POTM pics.

Editing program comes in handy for the images you just shot. There are many free ones out there. I also got Photoshop CS5 as a gift and been learning how to use that to enhance the images with text, crop, and paste. That's where I learn how to add photo labeling to identify the image. Cannabis look alike in photos, and with many strains I'm growing it is very difficult to ID them from looking at the images. To me by not identifying them it is like growing mystery/bagseed. Keeping a record for future reference may be useful one day. If the Gov don't start categorize this wonderful plant we will have to.

It's also a method (one of many) that I use to spread cannabis awareness.

Wonderful plants everyone keep up the good work!

LOL...I'm alway's swinging in for a late entry every month... I entered my Chem Band before but feel she has it in her to win...lol.. maybe its just me being so damn excited my 1st grow turned out way better than expected.. This is a Chemdawg x Headband OG cross and whoa...she was a very very strong indica...Grown in organic soil using earthjuice plus a few extra's, she was the strongest and largest yeilding out of my 3 strain grow, funny that these were the runts of my group in veg...lol...

The smoke report...
Very very expansive in the lungs...smooth to the 1st part of the hit..but very hard to hold in for a long time...
The taste was very mild... a lemon sweet and very very light kushy taste to it, the burning smoke smelled almost like blond hash burning..
The high was incredible..very good for appitite stimulation, insomnia and pain... It was very hard to finish a full pipe to myself and many time's I would find it still half packed next to me as I woke up from a nap...
She was harvested with about 30-50% amber trichomes..

the nug's were so heavy I had to tie each cola to an above hanging string..

These photo's were shot right before harvest and during...
DSC024902.JPG
DSC025011.JPG

heres my 5 ft from soil to tip xmas tree, im proud s shit since its my first grow

type: Pure Kush
light 400w hps from start
biobizz grow n bloom

DSCF5326.JPG

one of my buds three and a half weeks into flower

DSCF5321.JPG

DP Blueberry

006_bb_d34f1.JPG

008510.JPG

Grown in ebb n gro with 600w light. Smells like blueberries. I have grown this before and the high is very strong. I haven't tasted this one cause she's still a week or 2 from finishing. Second time I bought the strain cause I really like blueberry. 1st pic is day 34 and second is day 44.

I think you've got this one in the bag, those colas are monstrosities.:bravo:

Another month, and another batch of beautiful ladies... What's not to love! I'm going to have to take some time to think on it. :hmmmm:

Ya know, I believe all contests should be fair and I think everyone else would agree with me. Especially the contestants who have put in alot of effort, time, and money into making this possible for us to see. So if one of the Moderators wouldn't mind taking a quick look into the voting polls and looking where someone (who obviously diddn't know that voters were visible to the public) made a bunch of the same screennames to boost their votes...Wonderful work by the way to all of the HONEST contestants that make this poll possible.

Ya know, I believe all contests should be fair and I think everyone else would agree with me. Especially the contestants who have put in alot of effort, time, and money into making this possible for us to see. So if one of the Moderators wouldn't mind taking a quick look into the voting polls and looking where someone (who obviously diddn't know that voters were visible to the public) made a bunch of the same screennames to boost their votes...Wonderful work by the way to all of the HONEST contestants that make this poll possible.

Yep, it was already noticed, we will check some things out and remedy the situation.. Good job guys........ :thank you::high-five:

Yep, it was already noticed, we will check some things out and remedy the situatuin.. Good job guys........ :thanks::high-five:

Like private messages could voting require a minimum membership time or number of posts? Then it is an easy fix with little admin intervention.

heres my 5 ft from soil to tip xmas tree, im proud s shit since its my first grow

type: Pure Kush
light 400w hps from start
biobizz grow n bloom

You may want to consider topping and trimming the bottom branches to make a flat canopy, it will help your buds to fatten up.

Back
Top Bottom