If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600 watt Mars Hydro
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 77
RH of Room/Cabinet? 55
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5
Any Pests? Thrips
How Often are you Watering? Every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH FloraBloom @ 400pm Calmag @ 200ppm Last feed 600ppm IN - 730ppm OUT
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2X4 Grow Tent

Leaves are slightly turning red, and a little droopy

What Strain is it? Super Chem Valley
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 2 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Coco
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 240 watt Mars Hydro
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 77
RH of Room/Cabinet? 55
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5
Any Pests? Thrip
How Often are you Watering? 4-5 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics 400ppm Florabloom 200ppm CalMag Last Feed 600pm IN - 450ppm OUT
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2X4 Grow tent

Red stems, leaves droopy

The thrips ive had for 8 months on and off. Very hard to get rid of with my perpetual grow. I have an insect spray that i periodically spray on the leaves and dirt.
I will try and lower the ph to see if that helps
I had a "sick" plant that responded very well when it went outside. I think they could use a little more humidity indoor because of the strong lights

The point of the wet/dry cycle is to give the roots of plants in heavier mediums a chance to access oxygen during the dry part of the cycle. With coco it’s not necessary because the stuff is so fluffy it provides plenty of oxygen even when saturated.

Ill start feeding small amounts everyday. Thought the wet/dry cycle was good for the plants

In veg, i note how much they are drinking to runoff for a day and then split it and feed twice with relatively the same amount, perhaps just a bit more.
I do give the plants a break earlier in veg on occasion, not terribly often though.

The point of the wet/dry cycle is to give the roots of plants in heavier mediums a chance to access oxygen during the dry part of the cycle. With coco it’s not necessary because the stuff is so fluffy it provides plenty of oxygen even when saturated.

I believe it holds around 30% oxygen when fully saturated, almost impossible to overwater in coco.
Thanks for the information @Weaselcracker. :ciao:

Oh yeah and what I meant by ‘feed/water lightly every day’... I didn’t mean that you should just give them a little bit each day. They should be soaked down each time, preferably with a little runoff IMO. But because you’re feeding more often you can use a weaker mix. Just was re-reading and thought I’d clarify that. I’m not really a coco grower though- just used it a few times. Just stating a few well known rules of thumb. There are a lot more knowledgeable people on the forum that can better help you when it comes to coco specifics. :thumb:

Oh yeah and what I meant by ‘feed/water lightly every day’... I didn’t mean that you should just give them a little bit each day. They should be soaked down each time, preferably with a little runoff IMO. But because you’re feeding more often you can use a weaker mix. Just was re-reading and thought I’d clarify that. I’m not really a coco grower though- just used it a few times. Just stating a few well known rules of thumb. There are a lot more knowledgeable people on the forum that can better help you when it comes to coco specifics. :thumb:

:high-five::thumb:

ok guys just double checked my ph and its solid at 6.0. Any other thoughts. I feel like my light is too strong even at that height. Like I said, when I put my "sick" plant outside is immediately did much better. I think it something to do with environment, not nutrients. Also, my last couple plants did not stretch one bit. I figured because of the intense light. I dont have much more room to move it up. Plus the plant is very short

I agree that the ph is too high for coco. Just throwing this out there but the lighting may be causing issue to. I had problem with all my plants that went under my Mars hydro 1200. Everything immediately got woody red stems, and what looked like nitro and phosphorus deficiency, all the classic signs of ph imbalance. I ditched the Mars, put plants back under MH and within a week all new growth was vibrant and healthy. Don't know what about those lights, maybe someone with experience with Mars can help. I didn't even attempt to figure it out and just went back to what works for me but I too had this problem.

I'd say that all of your problems relate to PH and thrips. If you think about it logically, the light encourages growth. The lack of nutrients because they are locked out by the PH would cause your leaves to bleach. The general rule of thumb for LED and veg is 3 feet separation.

How many lights are you running? How far off the plants are they? Are your plants auto?

I can’t comment about your specific light but I don’t see any sign of light burning or bleaching from them being too close- looks more like deficiencies. Also- even a ph 6 is a little too high IMO. I don’t let my mix get above 5.8 if I can help it.

What Marz said sounds like it might be a very good insight.

Currently running 3 lights in the flower tent. 600w. 240w and a 40w. Plants are regulars. 600w light is 2ft away from WW, 240w light is 1ft away from Scv. Floor temp is 70-77 with lights off/on. Also i have about 8 other plants in veg right all doing great, same ph levels, under t5 grow bulbs

View attachment 1604184
20180905_080008.jpg

More thoughts. The Scv plants that are still vegging have 0 red stems. The WW leaves that are the most damaged seem to be in the middle of the plant where light is the strongest. Check runnoff this morning and ph was 5.9. I raised light to see if things get better, will lower ph and add a little humidity. Will keep battling bugs. Thanks for all the help guys

Back
Top Bottom