Alberta growers

I’m just trying to find a good hydro shop in my area lol. I travelled 3 hours last week to Edmonton and stopped at a hydro shop but I was pressed for time so I could only pick one to go to and I think I probably picked the WORST one lol
unfortunately hydro shops arent as plentiful as they were once

You would think with the legalization in Canada people would be capitalizing on it. But I guess we have to order all our goods online
online shopping is most of the issue, the other issue is the third party distributors have basically a monopoly

bumper crop in calgary used to be good. haven't been there in yrs tho. they used to ship stuff all over the country pre-internet. name was well known in the 80's / 90's.

Which shop was it ?
T & T hydroponics. Store looked decent in the pics online but once I got in there I found everything was crammed together. Hardly any room to turn around in the aisles. I grabbed a few bottles of fertilizer that I wanted and was going to look at a few other things and one of the guys in the store ran up to me and snatched the bottles out of my arms like he thought I was trying to steal them or something. Just didn’t have a good feel in the store at all. I live 3 hours north east of Edmonton so even going to Edmonton is a long trip to visit the hydro store I couldn’t imagine driving 5.5 hours to Calgary to do the same lol.

T & T hydroponics. Store looked decent in the pics online but once I got in there I found everything was crammed together. Hardly any room to turn around in the aisles. I grabbed a few bottles of fertilizer that I wanted and was going to look at a few other things and one of the guys in the store ran up to me and snatched the bottles out of my arms like he thought I was trying to steal them or something. Just didn’t have a good feel in the store at all. I live 3 hours north east of Edmonton so even going to Edmonton is a long trip to visit the hydro store I couldn’t imagine driving 5.5 hours to Calgary to do the same lol.

avoid hydro shops like the plague now. they seem to all dispense bad advice and over priced nute lines.
i use a landscape supply business for all my local stuff now. way more straight forward.

best thing is to research and order online. a lot of my stuff is amazon or other online ordering. stick with well known or trusted brand and you'll be ok.

a pile of my gear is modified dollar store bargains lol.

t&t is fine, its owned by little philipino folks,
but everything is cheap made in china

they do have good tents, the same quality as gorilla but much less.

but yes, the function as a warehouse and a retail store.

personal, i would recommend incredigrow in calgary, but im not sure about edmonton,
but t&t is fine

avoid hydro shops like the plague now. they seem to all dispense bad advice and over priced nute lines.
i use a landscape supply business for all my local stuff now. way more straight forward.

best thing is to research and order online. a lot of my stuff is amazon or other online ordering. stick with well known or trusted brand and you'll be ok.

a pile of my gear is modified dollar store bargains lol.
this is decent advice but worded weirdly,
but if you talk to your local greenhouse, they will have a hydro supplier they can order from.

Central Alberta here, south of Edmonton! You probably went to hydro lite? Maybe the one in behind the old rexal coliseum..? Anywho, hope your questions were answered :thumb:
Haha no I went to t&t hydro at 149 street and 112 ave I believe. I don’t know if the ones you are talking about are worse than that one but I highly doubt it cause it was pretty bad

Haha no I went to t&t hydro at 149 street and 112 ave I believe. I don’t know if the ones you are talking about are worse than that one but I highly doubt it cause it was pretty bad
I’ve never been to that one. With what your saying, I probably won’t.

I went to the hydro lite store on 99th and just north of white mud, I also went to hydro lite near rexal. Both times I had a great experience. Lots of stuff to look at, found what I needed and and then some. both locations had a lovable cat in each store. I’m not a cat guy, but it made the experience for my wife even better lol

I’ve never been to that one. With what your saying, I probably won’t.

I went to the hydro lite store on 99th and just north of white mud, I also went to hydro lite near rexal. Both times I had a great experience. Lots of stuff to look at, found what I needed and and then some. both locations had a lovable cat in each store. I’m not a cat guy, but it made the experience for my wife even better lol
Ya I don’t recommend you going there. When we pulled up my wife was already sketched out by the outside of the building she didn’t even make it inside lol. She sat outside in the truck with the doors locked. Maybe next time I’m in the city I’ll check out the one you’re talking about.

Ya I don’t recommend you going there. When we pulled up my wife was already sketched out by the outside of the building she didn’t even make it inside lol. She sat outside in the truck with the doors locked. Maybe next time I’m in the city I’ll check out the one you’re talking about.
Ahh yes! I know that are quite well. I just googl mapped that address. Just down the road from the Telus world of science in behind the McDonald’s.

I’ve actually worked in the area quite a bit, (smoked a lot of weed in the area as well) :goof:

that area is more of a industrial/commercial area so I could imagine the type of buildings you saw in that area.

I actually never even knew about that store tucked in back there.

you said three hour drive to the city, in which direction you from? I’m an hour south of the city, but I work in Edmonton, and do the drive everyday.:lot-o-toke:

Ahh yes! I know that are quite well. I just googl mapped that address. Just down the road from the Telus world of science in behind the McDonald’s.

I’ve actually worked in the area quite a bit, (smoked a lot of weed in the area as well) :goof:

that area is more of a industrial/commercial area so I could imagine the type of buildings you saw in that area.

I actually never even knew about that store tucked in back there.

you said three hour drive to the city, in which direction you from? I’m an hour south of the city, but I work in Edmonton, and do the drive everyday.:lot-o-toke:
That’s rough man. I lived in Edmonton before while my ex was in hairdressing school and I worked all over the city. I wouldn’t be able to do that again. The rush hour traffic is enough to drive a guy mental. I live northeast of edmonton. Up in cold lake. Nice quiet area with far less people to deal with haha

Back
Top Bottom