Anyone attempting to get grow licence?

Hey anduin1,

I'm not sure where you are in the great white north, but things don't seem as busy here in the Hammer. Did you look around?

If you have a copy of your medical ailments from your doctor, I believe you should be able to get this done in a few weeks or sooner. I think the bigger places such as Tweed probably can Skype your interview with the Doctor. if you can get them the paperwork first. I think you can do the interview from home. The key is documentation from your Doctor. I have a friend who asked for this information for their employer. It eased the confrontation.

Peace. :peace:

Yea it's a bit more complicated, he won't have any of the paper work I would need so I need to see a different doctor and get reassessed that way. Figure the one at the clinic will work just fine for that.

Hi All,

This is all new to me so please excuse my ignorance.

My friend has multiple ailments and their doctor would not prescribe cannabis. Said friend went to Tweed and now Tweed wants $300 to release prescription for application to grow. (go easy on my facts here, it is second hand after all).

For those who's personal doctor wrote their script, did they hand you the prescription like one they would write for painkillers?

It seems to me that Tweed (and others?) are holding the patient hostage. That doesn't seem right. Possibly unconstitutional, being that regular folk have a hard time locating a cannabis friendly physician.

Am I missing something?

I've never paid anyone a dime for any permit, written perscription or anything. Once in the early days, when I was told there was a $100 "administration fee" I asked the Dr. Why they would need to charge me if since they already had my MSI number. He gave me a funny look and didnt say anything. We finished our appointment and I was never charged.

It may help that my disability has been well documented with MRIs and CatScans and is easy to prove

they can get away with stuff like that because they consider it a personal service but $300 seems well above what's reasonable. I've heard $50-$100 for stuff like that. Its one of those loopholes in Canadian healthcare that allows Drs and companies to exploit and get you to pay for a minor service.

Actually though if you look at the laws for it it does state there is no charge for getting a medical document so thats why they try and put it as a different fee because they cant actually charge you for the paperwork.

I am also interested in obtaining a certificate to grow through ACMPR. I have a Bodystream clinic in my area, they advertise that there is no fees, everything is billed to OHIP.

My question is, does bodystream provide you with the medical documentation that is required in the ACMPR application process? I have emailed them and their response is that they want me to provide healthcard number to start the process.

I'm in Ontario and went to the Cannabinoid Medical Clinic in Ottawa, they are across Ontario. Covered by OHIP and completely free. Just need to print off their online referral form and bring it to your doctor/ nurse practitioner to complete and send/ fax to the Cannabinoid Medical Clinic. The doctor in Ottawa was amazing and I left with my medical document required for the ACMPR Production of cannabis for your own medical purposes application that you can download from Health Canada. I had my appointment yesterday, 420, and it was the doctors birthday, she was amazing. I then sent in my application to Health Canada.

Go to the Cannabinoid Medical Clinic web site. They are all across Ontario and are covered by OHIP. I had my appointment yesterday and was provided my Medical Document before I left. Absolutely no charge, just had to register and provide my Health card like any regular doctors appointment.

Go to Cannabinoid Medical Clinic web site. Download the Medical referral form and bring to your doctor or nurse practitioner. I prefilled in my form and had my doctor sign and send/ fax the referral in. I received a call 4 days later from CMC and had my appointment yesterday like 2 weeks after my referral.

My doctor told me that he and the other 6 drs in his Clinic will not complete a medical document because they don't know enough about medical marijuana. He had no issue with referring me to a doctor who would help me.

Thanks,

I want to get the word out about the Cannabinoid Medical Clinic because they are free and there are a lot of other organizations out there that are taking advantage of sick people. I did a lot of research and looked at Medi-Green and others who wants $150 - $300 for a medical document but will only send it to an LP. They referred me to My-Grow and they wanted like $600 to give me a medical document to grow my own.

Man i hate these places that charge. Fortunately my dr prescribes it to me and dont cost a thing. It should be free for everyone who needs it. I have chronic pain and the only thing that helped before cannabis was morphine everyday with a massive buzz and now i been on cannabis for nearly a year and i have more relief with no side effects. My mood is way better as i am not always high as a kite. My mobility is also great compared to before and i get to do things with my son i would not be able to do on morphine. People who need this as a treatment should get it for free and no hassle

Anyone have any success with Medical Marijuana Services? I went through Tweed to sign up initially and renew next Monday via Skype. I'm going to ask the doctor to give me the medical document for Health Canada in addition to my renewal. If she will not do it, I figured I'd try Bodystream or perhaps now Cannabinoid Medical Clinic, but that would involve the hassle of getting my medical records. Bodystream didn't care that I already had a prescription, they wanted a referral or a copy of my medical records to book an appointment.

Mine is off into the 4 month rotation now but one thing I noticed is a lot of these cannabis clinics don't want to hand out the script to you for you to take it as you please. The place I went to flat out refused to sign any additional medical forms (like the ones you need to mail to health canada) because they want to remain the middle man. If you have the option, get your family doctor to sign https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/marihuana/info/med-eng.pdf and then you won't actually need one of these clinics to do any of the work. Same goes for applying to different LPs, with this document you can contact them directly. This entirely depends on your location and also if your GP is willing to give it a shot but it is something to consider.

For what it's worth my MMS doc was totally fine with doing the document, but said MMS may charge me additional admin fees for filling out the document. They haven't contacted me yet so we'll see.

if it can help someone .....

My licence just got in FINALLY!!!

it took H.C. 4 1/2 months (18 weeks)
they got the papers Jan. 20th & it arrived TODAY

Mine is off into the 4 month rotation now but one thing I noticed is a lot of these cannabis clinics don't want to hand out the script to you for you to take it as you please. The place I went to flat out refused to sign any additional medical forms (like the ones you need to mail to health canada) because they want to remain the middle man. If you have the option, get your family doctor to sign https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/marihuana/info/med-eng.pdf and then you won't actually need one of these clinics to do any of the work. Same goes for applying to different LPs, with this document you can contact them directly. This entirely depends on your location and also if your GP is willing to give it a shot but it is something to consider.

Hi All,

And this is the scam of the system. Easy-peasy if your GP is on board, but as anduin1 points out, the document never gets to you. That makes you powerless. The original should go to the patient and a copy to the LP. That empowers the patient to shop around or apply for a grow license. I'm running up against this and the options are these;

1. Suck it up and pay the clinic a fee to get your script so you can grow legally
2. Cold call all the General Practitioners in your area (there are hundreds in my area) to see if they are cannabis friendly
3. Grow illegally.

Doesn't seem like a patient friendly system.

Back
Top Bottom