Doobie122

420 Member
Hi!

I am a brand new grower and I am currently working on a project with an ak-107 autoflower and two gg#4 autos (came free with my purchase of ak seeds, not sure if they are actually autoflower or not). I live in an apartment so there is not much space to work with. my grow tent just sitting in the corner of my room it’s a 32x32x60 tent and it seems kind of big... but I know it’s certainly not the ideal amount of space 3 plants will need. I have a 600w led that came with the tent and it has veg and bloom switches, and I have both running at the moment. I have the gg#4’s in 3 gallon fabric pots and the ak in a 1 gallon (could be 1.5). The plants are in Fox farm Ocean Forest soil and I decided to mix in some organic coco to it as well. I’m not sure why, I just heard it was good for retaining water and I have no idea what I’m doing. I didn’t add any extra perlite that may end up being a mistake but there is plenty of it premixed so I should be okay. Two of the plants seem to be doing great, but one of them had an exposed root and I had to add in extra substrate to correct it and I believe it stunted it’s growth. It came up way slower tha the other ones but now it’s actually taller in length. The temps are usually between 20-22 degrees C and around 50% humidity. I have a fan blowing in fresh air as well. I plan to get an inline fan soon to deal with the smell later. the nutrients I am using is linked below and I have been feeding them every other watering, being conscious not to overwater them. Lastly, I may have made a mistake. I topped the glues and I think it may have stunted their growth ( I hope not !). I also have pics linked below for how they looked after topping. Like I said, this is day 27 now. I hope they are looking good I am not sure what healthy plants even look like.

I attached photos of my girls below so let me know how I’m doing so far!

im sorry for all of the words I wanted to be specific with what I have been doing so far with my setup.

9D33F9CF-42F5-49F0-8374-648959898509.jpeg

2A2B61D1-F24C-4DEA-AC74-922B7E0D946E.jpeg

9DE9AE45-F25A-4E4C-A807-2E647A318269.jpeg

D87790B3-14D7-413A-9819-B74A82EF931C.jpeg

0D8BAC79-E073-41AA-8C1F-F69FA677B5C2.jpeg

E49EE597-2DC5-4DDB-A49A-FFFF53AB1AEC.jpeg

image.jpg

Hi!

I am a brand new grower and I am currently working on a project with an ak-107 autoflower and two gg#4 autos (came free with my purchase of ak seeds, not sure if they are actually autoflower or not). I live in an apartment so there is not much space to work with. my grow tent just sitting in the corner of my room it’s a 32x32x60 tent and it seems kind of big... but I know it’s certainly not the ideal amount of space 3 plants will need. I have a 600w led that came with the tent and it has veg and bloom switches, and I have both running at the moment. I have the gg#4’s in 3 gallon fabric pots and the ak in a 1 gallon (could be 1.5). The plants are in Fox farm Ocean Forest soil and I decided to mix in some organic coco to it as well. I’m not sure why, I just heard it was good for retaining water and I have no idea what I’m doing. I didn’t add any extra perlite that may end up being a mistake but there is plenty of it premixed so I should be okay. Two of the plants seem to be doing great, but one of them had an exposed root and I had to add in extra substrate to correct it and I believe it stunted it’s growth. It came up way slower tha the other ones but now it’s actually taller in length. The temps are usually between 20-22 degrees C and around 50% humidity. I have a fan blowing in fresh air as well. I plan to get an inline fan soon to deal with the smell later. the nutrients I am using is linked below and I have been feeding them every other watering, being conscious not to overwater them. Lastly, I may have made a mistake. I topped the glues and I think it may have stunted their growth ( I hope not !). I also have pics linked below for how they looked after topping. Like I said, this is day 27 now. I hope they are looking good I am not sure what healthy plants even look like.

im sorry for all of the words I wanted to be specific with what I have been doing so far with my setup.

image.jpg

You jumped the gun with topping and training them at that age. It’s not an irreversible problem, just let them grow a bit bigger before you start doing that kind of thing. Not talking shit, just letting you know it’s better for the plant to get established before you start removing shoots.

You jumped the gun with topping and training them at that age. It’s not an irreversible problem, just let them grow a bit bigger before you start doing that kind of thing. Not talking shit, just letting you know it’s better for the plant to get established before you start removing shoots.
Thank you so much for the advice I had a feeling I may have done it too early. It seemed like a good idea when I did it but I immediately regretted it this is my first grow and I’m bound to make dumb mistakes like this. I’m gonna let the plants beef up some more before I do anything to them

We all make mistake, but it’s learning from those mistakes that makes us better growers. Check out the link below on LST. Lots of good info in it.

We all make mistake, but it’s learning from those mistakes that makes us better growers. Check out the link below on LST. Lots of good info in it.

I learned a TON from this article I didn’t know before. I see many areas that I can improve on for next time and stress out the plants less. It also says topping autos isn’t the best idea, so I’m just going to do lst like it says in the article. I also saw that it said to keep the stem growing straight out of the ground and bent on a 90degree angle for its first train. I kinda just bent mine all the way over at a young age so that probably didn’t do anything good for me. Oh well I’m sure they will still grow nice I just have to be patient with them from now on :) thank you!!!

You’ll get a little better every time with your autos. Like others have said, let it get more established first before any clipping.
I top every time (usually as soon as node 5 is out) and start training 7-10 days later.
Make sure if you bend your plant over that it’s at slightly less than a 90 degree angle. the tip should always sit a bit higher up than the stalk it comes out of.

If all goes well, mine look about like this at 27 days
03BFFF49-6664-410C-B7B1-DC3C2D0E1578.jpeg

And they will be showing sign of flower soon if not already.

Keep at it and keep listening to the growers here. You’ll be raising monster autos in no time.

Hi!

image.jpg
Hi, I have been taught not to top autos . I low stress training them because topping them requires at least a week but not two weeks to recover and autos don’t have that much time to spend on recovery because they have such a short life cycle.

UPDATE**** 3/1
The plants are looking great despite how harsh I think I was on them. I’m leaving them alone for the time being still and some interesting things happened. Remember when I topped the 2 of them? Well, two different things ended up happening. I intended on topping them so 2 main stems would grow, but it turns out maybe I cut one of them too high and now 2 new growths appeared!! The other one seemed to commit to the topping and grew two main stems quite quickly, and the one that I cut too high seems to be spacing out for the new growths to come in too. How interesting! Is there a term for this? This actually blew my mind because it was the smallest plant by far starting out and now it’s exploding in this small tent LOL. The Ak-107 auto is getting kinda bushy and I had to push some leaves out of the way of new bid sites already. I am loving it :) here are some pics:

B6737F31-938C-4740-8D9D-F59293D7B7B0.jpeg

05554EA8-687C-44B3-8315-4D28B3438D26.jpeg

7DDB5B72-C22D-4DAA-AB90-080A113EBAEB.jpeg

35740883-E9C6-4904-A2E6-8AB55768AACF.jpeg

5E69C96F-9BDC-4AAD-9AD1-F71473BF23F8.jpeg

9A7F8D4A-4D19-4FA4-AFFF-BC8998D24C34.jpeg

2D6EA7C0-1AFD-4F80-8CE5-D08881E37469.jpeg

32DFBE5C-613C-41C8-B590-90B518A7A681.jpeg

9B4ACE88-7995-43AE-B927-6E8323AC95B2.jpeg

Now I wait until the stem will be close to even with the top edge of the pot after it's bent.
@Doobie122 Keep the above quote in mind when when training. In my experience, people start their LST too early.

LST is a method for tricking the plant into thinking it no longer has an apical cola without actually removing it. The method involves pulling the top down flat so that it's not higher than the rest of the plant. The plant still thinks it's lost its apical cola and begins to send the growth hormones to the rest of the branches, but there is no recovery time as there is with topping because nothing has been cut.
Also, as your grow goes along, keep adjusting and try to keep the apical cola no higher than the rest of the plant so you will get good growth on the rest of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom