Baby Trees' Second Grow!

Way to keep the canopy nice and flat BT!!
Thanks man I wish I had two bush monsters like my plant on the right but out allll my clones she clearly was the winner she's a monster and was the best looking clone I had, I normally just LST but I tried my hand at topping with LST this time, last time I did one plant super cropped and than LST'D and one just got LST'D, so im just kind of experimenting a little to see what I like, the super cropped plant was actually really nice just scary super cropping them in half haha.

Thanks man I wish I had two bush monsters like my plant on the right but out allll my clones she clearly was the winner she's a monster and was the best looking clone I had, I normally just LST but I tried my hand at topping with LST this time, last time I did one plant super cropped and than LST'D and one just got LST'D, so im just kind of experimenting a little to see what I like, the super cropped plant was actually really nice just scary super cropping them in half haha.
That's the way! We never know when the most awesome and best plant is going to come along but they do.

Does anyone have any experience with dripper systems?
I was thinking about doing a dripper system that I just manually turned on every few days to feed some plants so I didn't have to hand water, and I have a large 15 gallon pot I can use as a resivour.
The big question I have is.
Do both the "sprinkler" type ring do just as well as the ones you stick in the soil in the pots with like 4 of those in soil ones?
Any suggestions? Or noted concerns with them?
Know any good journals to look at for this as well?

I've been looking at some dry amendments as I don't want to flush my plants and I figure that's a solid reason to swap to organics
I was planing on using my current soil the FFOF without anything added, than adding either.... It seems I have two options and I'd like some recommendations/suggestions/tips?

Seems like Down to earth is recommended a bit(from Amazon)

And I've just noticed we have a sponsor "geoflora" which offers free samples (with a shipping fee)

Does one seem better than the either? Does Geoflora+FFOF soil be enough? Should I still be adding bloom nutrients? I definetly like the idea of only having to top dress every like two weeks or so... That's very appealing.

Feel like @Emilya would have an opinion here, being a organic grower? I know you use MC but they're taking forever to restock their free samples, and I want to give a organic grow a shot.

Not sure if you've seen it but @Mr. Krip is doing a sponsored grow with the GeoFlora nutrients so should be lots of good info on there for you.

I'm looking to go down a similar route but being in the UK limits what I can get hold of. Currently looking at ecothrive soil and amendments.

Not sure if you've seen it but @Mr. Krip is doing a sponsored grow with the GeoFlora nutrients so should be lots of good info on there for you.

I'm looking to go down a similar route but being in the UK limits what I can get hold of. Currently looking at ecothrive soil and amendments.
I believe in the UK you should be able to get Megacrop, and Gaia green, when I emailed MegaCrop the other day they said Their UK supply for the 1000G free samples would be restocked in a couple days (this was probably a week ago) so may be worth checking out.
Thank ya I hadn't seen that yet

Yeah I used megacrop on a previous grow. Good results but would like to keep things more organic with a living soil. Used biobizz nutrients on the current grow and my first 2. Just getting a pain mixing it all up constantly and due to circumstances at home I have less time for all that. Not heard of the Gaia green so I'll take a look at that too. :thumb:

Okay @Mr. Krip I emailed them for my free sample. Will I be able to use this directly into my FFOF and throw a clone into it after she's rooted? No *cook* times or any other additives?
Do you recommended another blooming agent? Like I noticed you using terpinator, is that needed,and if so I could just use open sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha Ching I'd think? (Fox farms flowering line)

Okay @Mr. Krip I emailed them for my free sample. Will I be able to use this directly into my FFOF and throw a clone into it after she's rooted? No *cook* times or any other additives?
Do you recommended another blooming agent? Like I noticed you using terpinator, is that needed,and if so I could just use open sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha Ching I'd think? (Fox farms flowering line)
Yes, you do not need to cook the soil or even amend first, though, I'd recommend both, if possible. No other bloom agent is needed but feel free to experiment. I was using the Purpinator this round and working with four purple strains but it was more to show the sponsors' products and I honestly don't know how much of a difference it made. I can say that only one of the four plants actually turned purple but I don't get the cold nighttime temps, which are really what turns the color, though, it may have helped with the terpene/trichome production - I just don't have a way to tell since I didn't run a "control" plant without it.

That all being said, I'm very happy with the way the @GeoFlora Nutrients performed and it is the easiest nutrient regime I've ever used, plus it's organic. :thumb:

Yes, you do not need to cook the soil or even amend first, though, I'd recommend both, if possible. No other bloom agent is needed but feel free to experiment. I was using the Purpinator this round and working with four purple strains but it was more to show the sponsors' products and I honestly don't know how much of a difference it made. I can say that only one of the four plants actually turned purple but I don't get the cold nighttime temps, which are really what turns the color, though, it may have helped with the terpene/trichome production - I just don't have a way to tell since I didn't run a "control" plant without it.

That all being said, I'm very happy with the way the @GeoFlora Nutrients performed and it is the easiest nutrient regime I've ever used, plus it's organic. :thumb:
I'm excited to try it. Would be much easier.
I'm a little over halfway thru your journal and it looks like it's held its own so far, I'll definetly throw a mystic clone into some, and I'll throw an auto.
My mystic runs into nearly no issues so she's the perfect test subject, and my WW auto I'm almost done growing has been the same for this seed, no issues at all.
Thank you for showcasing those amendments, I've been thinking of ways to ease up the workload from these girls..

On a side note here's how the Auto White widow has turned out. She's probably a week or two out pretty cute little girl probably majorillllyy root bound gonna try them in 3 gals next she has hints of purple, very very sweet smelling
IMG_20201019_085417.jpg
IMG_20201019_085410.jpg
IMG_20201019_085408.jpg

My bud is starting to smell like I guess y'all would describe it as hay.. I did a much better job drying this time my nugs feel and break down much better, I've kept around 52-55 RH in my containers the entire time. Could I of not burped enough? I pretty much was burping daily just not over maybe 5-10 minutes, is this caused from infrequently burping, or too low of RH? What could of caused this. My bud did this last time as well but it wasn't for much longer into the curing process.

I am in stainless steel Airtight containers, with temp/RH meters in each, I know I should have Bovedas to keep a little higher of RH could this of added to/caused this issue? I'm letting them all air out for a bit right now hoping to regain some smells, still smells great when I break it down but when I go to preform the sniff test it's definetly not nearly as appealing when you gotta crack a nug for it to smell good lol. Temp is anywhere from 63-75.

My bud is starting to smell like I guess y'all would describe it as hay.. I did a much better job drying this time my nugs feel and break down much better, I've kept around 52-55 RH in my containers the entire time. Could I of not burped enough? I pretty much was burping daily just not over maybe 5-10 minutes, is this caused from infrequently burping, or too low of RH? What could of caused this. My bud did this last time as well but it wasn't for much longer into the curing process.

I am in stainless steel Airtight containers, with temp/RH meters in each, I know I should have Bovedas to keep a little higher of RH could this of added to/caused this issue? I'm letting them all air out for a bit right now hoping to regain some smells, still smells great when I break it down but when I go to preform the sniff test it's definetly not nearly as appealing when you gotta crack a nug for it to smell good lol. Temp is anywhere from 63-75.
Hi BT, the best i can figure is that the buds are all different sizes. That makes for different times they want to dry. So when the little ones are ready, the big ones are still soaked deep in. It takes several tries at equilibrium before the turkey bag or ball jar is steady at one rh. It takes time and patience :rolleyes: . I don't stop checking until I see there's been steady rh for 48 hours. At that point I close the container with a boveda and it keeps for years. It can be easy or hard depending on the external rh condition in the house/area where you dry and cure.
If your container isn't maintaining rh, I'd get a boveda in there. This is not easy sometimes. My current harvest just gave me the hardest time with rain one day, 35% rh the next... I was jumping through hoops for a week, open the bags, close the bags, 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 etc. Gotta get them as good as I can knowing there's no perfect path each time. You're fine like that, I bet they smoke great.:thumb:

Okay just went ahead and ordered some boveda 62%s, my houses RH is 49-62 for the last 24hours, it's typically 50% or so. So it shouldn't be super skewed hopefully those bovedas can help cause I hate that the smells are getting ruined. Maybe I'll try airing out a little more frequently I'm not sure where I went wrong, I also did not turkey bag prior to jar I just went from dry to jars not sure if that has something to do with it as well, I bought these containers to avoid this cause last time i just had them in bags and and I didn't get this hayish smell till way later than this.

35% is a crazy low humidity I don't even know how much attention that'd take to get back at a decent humidity lol.

The White Widow is purpling more and more every day, getting really pretty. Definetly down to it's last days, here's a photo dump of her today, tried to get a bunch of purple in the nug shots, she's not very large but she looks like she'll be good! Smells pretty sweet as well.
IMG_20201021_083153.jpg
IMG_20201021_083147.jpg
IMG_20201021_082649.jpg
IMG_20201021_082644.jpg
IMG_20201021_082640.jpg
IMG_20201021_082634.jpg
IMG_20201021_082630.jpg
IMG_20201021_082615.jpg

Should be tasty, guessing imma get like I'll get around a Ounce outta her, but it'll be some different nug than I got so it's gonna be a nice change of pace since I won't have another harvest for a bit, definetly gonna put the autos in 3 gals next time these pots are tinnnny, .7 gals it says probably hurt the yield with such tiny pots but it's cool to see she stayed happy and healthy in the tiny pots too, will be cool to see if she gets significantly larger next grow with a bigger pot, andd we'll see if the stress of small pots+topping made her flower quicker.

Back
Top Bottom