Beginner level

V3GGIN_0ut

JUst ordered my candy cane auto fem and I’ve been researching what nutes and watering schedule I need from seed to finish.

IF you have any tips or any help would be great!

JUst ordered my candy cane auto fem and I’ve been researching what nutes and watering schedule I need from seed to finish.

IF you have any tips or any help would be great!

Indoor, outdoor? Hydro, coco, soil?

I'm an indoor organic soil guy, but some of the other guys on here run all kinds of things. Not sure I can answer, but they will ask the same things.

Getting some light airy soil for my indoor grow
Are we talking about straight up dirt from outside or packaged soil?

I know you are like...."what's the difference?" Unfortunately quite a bit.

No matter which way you go with soil, you have some choices. If you are looking for something that may be local, General Organics (Hydroponics) can usually be found if you have a hydro store local. If not, you can order their package.

You can click on the sponsor link at the top of the page, and there are nutrient suppliers that are sponsors here. or here:

Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

If you want to do higher end organics, there are others.

It really depends on what you are looking for, and the budget you have set for yourself.

The watering schedule with soil will be based on what the plant wants. You pick up the whole plant when potted (when dry), and that is your judge when it needs watering. The bigger the plant gets, the more often you will water.

There are many people on here to help you out, but no one can give you a checklist. It depends on many variables. Money being a big factor.

I’m going to get organic light soil; I literally have everything except a ph balance tester, soil and buckets.

I have my grow tent set up, the 600 watt led light with veg and bloom settings, I have my digital thermometer/humidity detector, carbon filter, extra charcoal filter pads, inline fan, foxfarm nutes.

I’m just looking for the “way” to not only get them going but how to make sure they get what they need.

I’m going to get organic light soil; I literally have everything except a ph balance tester, soil and buckets.

I have my grow tent set up, the 600 watt led light with veg and bloom settings, I have my digital thermometer/humidity detector, carbon filter, extra charcoal filter pads, inline fan, foxfarm nutes.

I’m just looking for the “way” to not only get them going but how to make sure they get what they need.

Those were the specifics, that were needed.

I personally (I say personally) because no one does it the same way. I soak in water (distilled, maybe a splash of H2O2-peroxide) for 24 (warm in dark.....70-77 deg F). Then into a moist (distilled water) papertowel (same temp in dark). Tap root 3/4 inch, into a peat pod, or peat cup with soil. When the roots get to the bottom (leaves span the cup), transplant.

You can also plant into the soil, but that is less reliable.

You can use a rockwool cube. I don't like it, but people use it.

I've used that method for a long time.

Veg setting after sprout, with the light very high to let the plant come to the terms of a bright light. Move it down slowly over a few days. No closer than about 500 par by the manufacturer. The sprout can be placed in a shopping plastic bag by blowing it up and tying it. It should stay there until the second-third node. Make sure the media stays moist.

Go by weight, when in soil, not by any moisture meter (it won't read right with perlite or vermiculite). When they feel like they are dry, water. No nutrients till the third node if in good soil. If in used soil or poor soil, feed when the plant tells you to (color change at bottom of leaves or when it grows it's third node).

When starting to feed, do half strength at first. Some people use ppm, some don't. I don't pH unless the plant starts having problems. Soil is pretty hard to pH. People read the water, but the slurry method is the most reliable, by my research.

I think that may get you started. I abbreviated that. It's a lot.

Are we talking about straight up dirt from outside or packaged soil?

I know you are like...."what's the difference?" Unfortunately quite a bit.

No matter which way you go with soil, you have some choices. If you are looking for something that may be local, General Organics (Hydroponics) can usually be found if you have a hydro store local. If not, you can order their package.

You can click on the sponsor link at the top of the page, and there are nutrient suppliers that are sponsors here. or here:

Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

If you want to do higher end organics, there are others.

It really depends on what you are looking for, and the budget you have set for yourself.

The watering schedule with soil will be based on what the plant wants. You pick up the whole plant when potted (when dry), and that is your judge when it needs watering. The bigger the plant gets, the more often you will water.

There are many people on here to help you out, but no one can give you a checklist. It depends on many variables. Money being a big factor.

Bringing outdoor soil indoors is a bad idea. Brings in pests you don't want. Spider Mites especially.

Just potted 12 seeds 6 are going to be indoor and 6 are gonna be outdoor (waiting until the break the surface before transferring) 7 weeks until yield! (Also how do I post pics?)

Back
Top Bottom