Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

Hey Fuzzy!!! your doing an incredible job on the ladies!!! can't wait to see your forest in full effect the next month or so!!!! great job buddy!!!!

Just trimmed up a load of blue mystic which has taken about 2 weeks to slow air dry with an average temps of 22c, 1 week in tent with constant air flow, one week in cardboard box's & burped twice a day...

Heres one off the sticky tric cover colas :love:

004865.JPG

Even tho the greedy 'n' impatient would smoke their weed once dry enough to burn the dirty barbarians... fuzzys a man of qualitie & taste :Namaste:

Heres the rest of girls whos buds got my fingers all sticky going in for a 4 to 6 week cure :love:

006717.JPG

P.s - a note on curing mainly my last bubblelicious grow which has taken about 3 months to cure & get the good qualitie smoke 'n' taste, really does improve with age !

More or less one week since light change to 11/13 & defeciencys have occured... this was as expected as blue mystic is quite a hungry lil girl in flowering.

The girls out of the tent for a full leaf inspection :thumb:

Nice glossy shine to the majority of leafs, this i belive is a good sign of brix levels... i don't have means to test this tho, but glossy leafs are cool in my books :love:
001972.JPG

One of girls suffering with a paling of leaf suspected N-nitrogen defeciency ! a 2nd girl has slight paling also...

More than likely due to growth plants are known to stretch in the first few weeks of flowering, hence a demand.

002994.JPG

Some other defeciencys still in their early stage of development.

003933.JPG

004866.JPG

005834.JPG

Bit hard to tell what they are at the moment ? still early stage tho & suspect these started occuring a 48 to 72 hours ago...

Lots going on in the plant growth !

Pistil development early flowering stage could be using more K-potassium which supports flower/bud growth ?

007685.JPG

Possible P-phosphorus defeciency ? got lots of root growth growing on.

Only time will tell, but some thing tells me abit of the both... In the mean time i gave em a lil feed to be sure to be sure - 2ml bio grow, 4 ml bio flower, 4ml bio heaven, 2 ml top max went into my 2 litre watering can.

006718.JPG

Those plant saucers will acts as mini reserva once roots have taken fully hold of hydroton/clay pebbles, i would imagine in about a week or 2's time & a great way of getting chelated nutrients straigth into the plant.

Had to replace one of my 6 inch fans today which helps improve the air flow around the plant canopy... the old one broke on me so pretty important to get replaced asap.

I like visiting my local hydro shop, i'm like a lil kid in a sweetie shop & walked out with a bag full of goodies :love:

So i've embraced the dark side of soil grows...

The Compost Tea & kitted myself out with a 20l bucket, air pump, hose & air stone all for £15 :thumb:

The benifical microbe activator, molasse as it is known amongest many 1tsp in litre of hot water & stirred intill desloved.

001973.JPG

Other ingredients which i had laying around chicken manure pellets NPK, farmyard manure low value NPK with trace micro nutrients/humus & bat gauno 15% P-phosphorus 15% ca-calcium low N/K plus trace micro nutrients.

002995.JPG

The air pump 'n' stone.

003935.JPG

Sortly afterwards i added 4 litres of cold water & end mix was luke warm to touch.

004868.JPG

Lets see if it froths up... i think this sort of stuff takes 24 to 48 hours to brew.

Advice is always welcome :green_heart:

Even more bubbles...

002996.JPG

Given the plants a good ol slurp of compost tea today their looking pretty healthy with a nice glossy shine to the leafs, but the defeciency is still occuring & more developed now for better diagnosis.

005835.JPG

I'm reasonable sure its predominately K-potassium defeciency with a touch of P-phosphorus, Ca-calcium defeciency did cross my mind tho but should be covered.

I'll see if the compost brew picks things up a tad by tomorrow, if not i may have raise some of my biobizz nutrients up a couple of ml to keep it all in check asap.

After finding a couple of random poorly formed seeds in the recently dryed bud i've performed an emergency wipe down of flowering tent with a diluted solution of bleach as a precaution.

Even tho the blue mystic has come from a regular seed & not aware that any of plants have hermie on me as i routinely check twice a week, if their had i would more likely expect more seeds in the bud... but certianly has not effected the end buzz :thumb:

Non the less a watchful eye is on em for any signs of bananna's.

End of first week of flowering & the girls out for yet another inspection.

001975.JPG

002997.JPG

003937.JPG

004870.JPG

Back in the cleaned tent.

005837.JPG

Defeciency has easyed up a little with the compost tea making mild improvements & increased biobizz nutrients today 2ml bio bloom, 1ml top max, 2ml bio heaven, 3ml alg-a-mic & decided to swap out the bio grow for 2ml fish mix per litre of water.

A small portion of top max & bio heaven was used as a seperate feed used in the plant saucer mini reserva.

More tea Vicar ?

Refined brew of 1tsp molasse, 1l of farmyard manure, 50g chicken manure pellets, 25g bat guano to 5l of water brewed between 24 to 72 hours... gets me about 2 good waterings of the stuff over my 4 girls.

Mainly using as an intermediate feed through out the week & currently increased biobizz nutrients feeds to 3 time per week to help noble the annoying defeciency.

001977.JPG

Two weeks ago...

011463.JPG

From 16 cuttings to 8 of the strongest which will be rounded down to 4 of the very fittest in a week or so time !

003940.JPG

Some of the stronger cuttings displaying very early roots poking through that was yesterday morning in the 8 hour period of darkness those little white roots grow nearly an extra 5 mm before being potted up after lights on.

001976.JPG

The runts... now disposed off in a street bin half way across town !

0021001.JPG

Some of the poorly formed roots on the runts if any at all !

0021002.JPG

I really must look after my clones better, i'm quite sloppy when it comes to cuttings/clone maintenance/propagation & sure i would of had more success if i had payed greater attention to them & their growing enviroment !

Looking really good Fuzzy. I'm the same way with clones. I cut them, scrape the stem, dip them in clonex, and put them into a organic cube called root riot. Looked at them a couple of days ago and I better get busy and mix some soil because I have 16 that need transplanting now not later. Don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them but plant needed trimming and I didn't want to throw them away. I'm thinking about a sog in the small tent.

SOG has crossed my mind more than once & understand a certian amount of prunning is required to grow a bud as big as a donkeys d#*k.

With an interest in number crunching of expected yield off sog grows per m2 compared with less plants in same area grown small bush style with prunning/training techinques to enhance over all yield !

I've passed the idea off at present tho as it may require more materials as in compost/nutrients to support so many more plants plus in some countrys sog is viewed as a commercial scale style of grow, which may mean a bigger slap on the wrist 'n' the rest of it...

I believe i can achieve better with less plants or at least on par with sog yield wise over time once training 'n' prunning knowledge has improved !

Ultimately leading to growing less plants e.g a couple than the few at present to supplement my meds :thumb:

End of week 2 of flowering 11/13.

Due to diminhing light routine the cycle has been adjusted today to 10Hrs 30 mins of light & 13 hrs 30 mins of darkness... a 30 minute adjustment is implemented every 2 weeks.

Not a massive change in growth, pistils have packed out a bit more... still got defeciencys occuring with the worst of the K-potassium easying a tad & touch more N-nitrogen happening at present.

May well need to double nutrients up for week 3 tho to help keep this stuff in check for a few more weeks...

001979.JPG

0021005.JPG

003944.JPG

Oh ye discover fungus gnats today... gonna have to get that sorted asap :thumb:

One week ago today, some of the girlie contestants battling it out for final position of the 4 fittest :thumb:

001976.JPG

003940.JPG

The four lucky ladys :love:

001980.JPG

Plenty of root developement in 7 days in these small 1/4 litre pots.

0021006.JPG

Being potted up into the final pot size 6.5 litre air pot, i don't disturb the roots whilst repotting as this will cause transplant shock delaying over all growth.

003945.JPG

I found this tucked away in a corner been using it for misting the new girlies over the last few days etc.

004875.JPG

Back in the veg tent under my trusty ol 125w 6400k blue spectrum CFL (e40 bayonet fitting)

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

005842.JPG

In total 3 weeks since cuttings/clones where taken from plants :Namaste:

New upgrade :high-five:

The old euro reflector works well & comes highly recomended for those on a budget :thumb:

006723.JPG

The all new isis reflector, closed end & for better light foot print :love:

007690.JPG

Stuck in a new growlux 400w bulb as the old one is some 8 months old... effeciency yields greater rewards !

Sorry i missed out the end off the week 3 update... only really consisted of more pistil developement.

But here's - End of week 4 :thumb:

The girls have packed on more pistil mass & forming early bud, the defeciencys have pretty much slowed down but still have minor symptoms, kind of what you really expect at half way through flowering nothing out of the ordinary tho...
Nutrients where increased for week 3 to 4 to help curb defeciency spread to 1 ml top max, 3 ml bio heaven, 4 ml alg-a-mic, 4 ml bio bloom, 4 ml fish mix per litre of water & feed twice a week at this rate with a smaller half rate feed of above application half way through the week which was mixed with the compost tea i use for intermediate watering through out the week.

The girls showing why they are called blue mystic with soft blue hues under the light upon the trichomes :love:

Week 5 & 6 should show massive bud developement if my memory servers ol fuzzy correctly... sit tight for some explosive growth of the budding kind !

001992.JPG

0021018.JPG

003954.JPG

Ph sitting around 6.9 to 6.8 still very pleased with this for a home mix soil improvement.

004884.JPG

Not my normal aproach to LST but thought why the hell not... it only aids the learning curve !

006730.JPG

008644.JPG

010537.JPG

Attempting to train the leading stem around the out side of the air pot with pipe cleaners the side branches are some what getting in the way... i'll train these around side of the pot 'n' all.

Not sure how far i'll get with this due to time schedule & the individual growth forms of each plant only time will tell.

Aprox 5 weeks old from cuttings, 2 weeks include rooting time of cutting ! got another 4 or 5 weeks intill these get put into flower mode...

:green_heart:

Stunning looking plants Fuzzy. Your journals should be stickies for anyone new to growing, the step by step way you document everything is fab.

Seeing plants like yours always makes me sad most of us have to hide these beautiful plants away, forget about the effect they have, they are just gorgeous regardless!

:goodjob:

Stunning looking plants Fuzzy.

:goodjob:

Thanks for the nice comment fluff & honoured that you have found my journal of some use :love:

I'm only an amutuar grower to be honest & still learning with a personal goal to achieve 50g plus dry weight per plant and an ambition to grow some fat bud :peace: so one day i can tell my gran children of fuzzys tales of his garden of delights 'n' wonders...

P.s forgot to mention...

Due to diminshing light routine week 5 to 6 has been adjust to Lights On 10 hours Lights Off 14 hours - a 30 min drop from last two weeks.

Fuzzy Duck correct me if I am wrong but after the first two weeks of 12/12 aren't you suppose to go down 30 minutes every week? This is from twelve/12 post on the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light. This is my first try so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers.

Dam I did another post because I had forgot to say your grow is looking really good and the youngins are starting out looking really healthy. Most have forgot to hit the post reply button. Looking good

Back
Top Bottom