California breeder

Ghostwriter31

I typed these guys in the search engine and I find threads where people are talking shit about their prices but can’t find any grow journals from these guys or someone growing their beans rather
Has anyone had any
92A1B9EC-B78A-4D7B-BA1B-502EB1344256.jpeg
experience from this breeder?

I typed these guys in the search engine and I find threads where people are talking shit about their prices

Like this?
I see a lot of bad things getting said about Aficionado lately. It seems like he rips off others work and then sells seeds for a crazy high price after not doing any real testing before release. His packs seem to run between $300 and $500. I am unsure whether the rumors and accusations are legit, but at that price I tend to stay away anyways.

I've seen reports of wide phenotype variation, like some of the strains are not stable. IDK. I knew they were expensive - saw a price of $598.something for a pack of ten regular seeds. Yeah, that'll put some people off, lol. "Strictly produced in limited numbers and characterized by unparalleled quality- our exclusive varieties are reserved only for the most serious connoisseurs" probably does, too. From browsing on their website that they only sell from 60 (lol) to 600 seeds of each strain. IDFK why that is, since one breeding event with even modest size plants can easily produce several thousand seeds. Maybe... It's easier for a breeder who is not well known to artificially limit their numbers and offer 600 seeds as "exclusive low-production special editions" for $250 to $600 per ten pack than to try to sell 6,000 of them for $25 to $60 per pack? Because there will always be people - in any product market - who will jump at something, regardless of price, if they've been told that they'll be joining an "exclusive" club by doing so.

But that doesn't say anything, good or bad, about their quality. I didn't bother doing a general web-search, but I did do a quick keyword search of our journal threads. This guy is a fan, as you can see in the pictures (post #62 in case I screw the link up). I think that journal is about a strain by that breeder:

Another journal by the same person:

Post #911 in this thread mentions a cross, maybe that member has grown one or more of their strains?

Not much, but maybe it'll lead you to some useful information about the breeder, IDK. Good luck with your grow!

Thanks brother , it will be September, I believe I’m gonna throw these in with some dj short genetics I picked up recently as well. I’m most excited to grow out my many different Cannorado Genetics strains I’ve acquired . I’ll check the links above I appreciate it

I came up with a good comparison for seeds at those prices. Lottery tickets! There is only going to be a small percentage of big winners. That doesn't mean all the rest are bad. You may still get a few of the smaller winners or you could get nothing worth keeping. Just like in lottery tickets they are going to be mixed up. One person my get lots of winners and others may only get crap. How lucky do you feel?

I have grown lots of strains in the $100 to $150 range they are damn good seeds. I don't see the really high dollar genetics being that much better then what I have found so far. You need to realize most all people are using the same genetics. Just in different ways. Poly Hybrids are the "in" thing these days.

Back
Top Bottom