Can you get stoned from trimming weed?

Can you get stoned from trimming with bare hands?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barney86

So, I've just accidentally high jacked another thread with my views on this and thought it might be a good one for discussion.

Can you get stoned from handling weed for 6 hours??

I've always swore it got me stoned. I'm not a heavy smoker so dont get wrecked very often. I generally smoke 2 joints during a 6 hour trim binge and always come out buckled.
I realised earlier that I do eat 20 fingers worth of handball hash in this time cos I'll have to clean up before I roll those 2 joints so maybe that's why?

What's your thoughts folks?
Does trimming get you stoned yes or no???

Hash balls get you stoned! I doubt weed has ever been trimmed by people that don't smoke at the same time, so we may never know. The eternal question!
Mate I just fucked a crop with the light timer and made bubble hash out of the lot. While it was drying though I did make some propper handball hash with it. Was only enough for 3 spliffs but fuck me running it was wild. First one nearly left me in a coma. Had never occurred to me that eating those little bits off my fingers might be the source of the problem untill today.
A well known guy that seems to know his stuff told me that theoretically I shouldn't be able to get stoned from eating that amount as the thc isn't in a useable enough form to fuck me up from ingestion.
I've no idea of he's right or not. It's my only thought though if it isn't getting absorbed through my skin then it must just be cleaning my fingers that's getting me plastered.

I lost a small hunk of bubble hash one time. An hour later I figured out where it went. A Rott I was fostering started stumbling around. I actually called the vet before I realized what it was. She could focus on her ball like a laser, and was as athletic as ever, but then she would really space out, almost fall over and snap to!

I don't think it's absorbed through the skin because THC is a fat-soluble substance. I think the cause of your problem Barney is that there is is a lot of volatile compounds evaporated while you work on it and one, some or many are causing problems breathing them in over the time you work. Try doing it in a well-ventilated area. Here's a typical list of volatiles in cannabis flower:

Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis - Somchai Rice Jacek A. Koziel

Cannabis Volatiles List.PNG

I feel the same way I can explain why

It's just like that little boost you get when you smell the coffee brewing in the morning haven't had any yet but still get that little boost cause your about to

Same thing with trimming it's the little stoner brain cells that think (were getting high) because we been smelling it for hours and this shit smells good so when you do smoke they already have the truck loaded and ready to roll to stonerville

Yellowbelly :high-five: that's it man (coming from a painter ;)):passitleft:

I feel the same way I can explain why

It's just like that little boost you get when you smell the coffee brewing in the morning haven't had any yet but still get that little boost cause your about to

Same thing with trimming it's the little stoner brain cells that think (were getting high) because we been smelling it for hours and this shit smells good so when you do smoke they already have the truck loaded and ready to roll to stonerville
Placebo effect. Very possible I suppose. I've seen someone drunk after being fed non alcoholic beer all night so don't see why not. Hadn't thought about that.

I don’t buy the placebo effect idea at all. Like everyone else here I know what being stoned feels like. When you haven’t smoked anything and are completely straight, do a trimming session, walk outside and you’re like - ‘holy fuck I am a little stoned’... It’s just not at all difficult to figure out. I trim with my girlfriend sometimes. She doesn’t smoke and generally reacts badly to it. She also got stoned the first few times till she started being more careful.
I react badly to most indica stuff- it makes me feel like crap for the most part. So that’s another reason I’m not always keen to ingest what I’m trimming. Always wearing gloves helps so it must not be just fumes causing this.
It could be just small amounts finding their way into my mouth. My gf also smokes tobacco so getting trace amounts on the smokes is an obvious source to watch out for.

All cannabinoids contained within the trichomes of raw cannabis flowers have an extra carboxyl ring or group (COOH) attached to their chain. For example, Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid(THCA) is synthesized in prevalence within the trichome heads of freshly harvested cannabis flowers. In most regulated markets, cannabis distributed in dispensaries contains labels detailing the product’s cannabinoid contents. THCA, in many cases, prevails as the highest cannabinoid present in items that have not been decarboxylated.

THCA has a number of known benefits when consumed, including having anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective qualities. But THCA is not intoxicating, and must be converted into THC through decarboxylation before any effects can be felt.

So no, you can not get "high" from trimming your cannabis.

That was my thinking. A bit like a room with heavy pollen or allergens.

I don't think it's absorbed through the skin because THC is a fat-soluble substance. I think the cause of your problem Barney is that there is is a lot of volatile compounds evaporated while you work on it and one, some or many are causing problems breathing them in over the time you work. Try doing it in a well-ventilated area. Here's a typical list of volatiles in cannabis flower:

Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis - Somchai Rice Jacek A. Koziel

Cannabis Volatiles List.PNG

All cannabinoids contained within the trichomes of raw cannabis flowers have an extra carboxyl ring or group (COOH) attached to their chain. For example, Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid(THCA) is synthesized in prevalence within the trichome heads of freshly harvested cannabis flowers. In most regulated markets, cannabis distributed in dispensaries contains labels detailing the product’s cannabinoid contents. THCA, in many cases, prevails as the highest cannabinoid present in items that have not been decarboxylated.

THCA has a number of known benefits when consumed, including having anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective qualities. But THCA is not intoxicating, and must be converted into THC through decarboxylation before any effects can be felt.

Speaking of lab experiments, since I don't smoke I'll let you know in a few months if y'all remind me. I can't indulge due to the risk of being tested at work.

Yes yes the ol THCa argument.
Some are so quick to tell other people that what they actually experienced didn’t happen,
because they read that it couldn’t....

Maybe read a little deeper. It’s just not that black and white. THCa also naturally converts to THC over time- a process that’s ongoing.
The idea that bud or resin is completely incapable of getting you high unless it’s heated or baked in an oven is just plain wrong. Many many people have gotten high from eating bud and hash. Try it. Eat lots. :laughtwo:

Bhang products Bhang - Wikipedia, which you’ll encounter all over India and neighboring countries, are made from fresh or dried bud mixed into whatever might make it more palatable. The experience of drinking the average bhang lassi is like choking down a quart of fresh green sludge with a little sugar in it. That stuff sends you to the outer planets as I and millions of others can attest.

Check out cobbing. Lots of people in the forum including myself getting high eating 1/2 gram or less of bud.

Check out those lab test results a little more closely next time. Ace seeds publishes test results of most their strains.
Ace
Lots of samples will show zero THC and all THCa. Many others will show THC at around 20-30% of the levels of THCa. Some show THC over half the level of THCa - pre decarb.

But we’re supposed to believe that you can’t get high from it?
Even after we already have...
:hmmmm:

Mate I just fucked a crop with the light timer and made bubble hash out of the lot. While it was drying though I did make some propper handball hash with it. Was only enough for 3 spliffs but fuck me running it was wild. First one nearly left me in a coma. Had never occurred to me that eating those little bits off my fingers might be the source of the problem untill today.
A well known guy that seems to know his stuff told me that theoretically I shouldn't be able to get stoned from eating that amount as the thc isn't in a useable enough form to fuck me up from ingestion.
I've no idea of he's right or not. It's my only thought though if it isn't getting absorbed through my skin then it must just be cleaning my fingers that's getting me plastered.
Lol

Back
Top Bottom