Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

@hedzenmedz, that’s a beautiful arrangement. :high-five: For someone filling a quantity with powder that’d be a godsend. I have small spoons made for this and they aren’t nearly as efficient as that is. Filling by hand isn’t difficult, if there’s enough in the jar to make it possible to dip through.

Love that scraper. :battingeyelashes:

I may work up something similar on a smaller scale. I don’t mind dipping into the jar for myself, but my neighbor likes the convenience of the capsule, and feels it‘s more consistent for him. Thanks for the neighborly share. :hug:

Sometimes not. If at all it’s just a short sip of water.

I typically take my dose as I exit the apartment to get to the beach before sunrise, and don’t use more than a sip myself. Do you ever eat before a dose?

I have yet to seriously try dosing Dust in the evening. I’m of the habit to break out my It’s It Punch after 6 PM. Lol!

my fav wat to consume cob,s

grind it fine,, wet my finger and dip it in,, oh, then consume,, with a generous lingering under the tongue,, a bit of a 'tingle' can be imagined or otherwise near immediately

heya Sue,, cheers

I typically take my dose as I exit the apartment to get to the beach before sunrise, and don’t use more than a sip myself. Do you ever eat before a dose?

I have yet to seriously try dosing Dust in the evening. I’m of the habit to break out my It’s It Punch after 6 PM. Lol!

Generally a light breakfast of cold or hot cereal and a cup of coffee about an hour prior to medication.

Wow this sounds all great, I am in for sure. About dosing, wouldn’t it be possible to use (something) like a flat knitting needle and wet it on a wet kitchen towel and dip it straight into the dust. By being flat you could prevent dosing too much and the flat surface can be adjusted by something else, bigger or smaller.

Cheers

I had read some info from Frenchi Cannolli about hash and trichome ripeness. He mentions very degrees of amber heads and said that for the best hash, you wanted these amber gland heads.

Just to share an update on this topic, I heard Frenchy live on a podcast a couple days ago. He no longer holds the view that the trichome color alone is the best way to determine ripeness. His new method watches for a three day window where the trichome heads show a rapid expansion in size. Harvesting at this time produces the largest percentage of the ripest heads separating on the first wash cycle. He finds this technique more applicable across a wider range of cultivars and growing methods compared to using color alone.

Wow this sounds all great, I am in for sure. About dosing, wouldn’t it be possible to use (something) like a flat knitting needle and wet it on a wet kitchen towel and dip it straight into the dust. By being flat you could prevent dosing too much and the flat surface can be adjusted by something else, bigger or smaller.

Cheers

Well hello Buds. :hug: I suppose any method you can get to work for yourself is worth trying. We never know until we try. This is why I play here... this crew is always up for some fun.

It’s a matter of figuring out what works most consistently. Enough heads in the game, the better our chances of learning something new. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We have a nice group gathering already. :hug:

Evening nivek :hug: :hug: :hug:

This is how I dose cobs too. Lol! Cob Dust hits deeper and lasts longer, IMHO, but not everyone is blessed with cobs. They’re still so rare I feel humble to be part of making it more recognized.

Flower Dust is a different level of euphoria available to any capable grower or happy consumer. Anyone can decarb. Anyone can grind bud into powder. This sweet buzz is worth the experiment, and nothing is lost in the game but the time to decarb.

Gonna try? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just to share an update on this topic, I heard Frenchy live on a podcast a couple days ago. He no longer holds the view that the trichome color is the best way to determine ripeness. His new method watches for a three day window where the trichome heads show a rapid expansion in size. Harvesting at this time produces the largest percentage of the ripest heads separating on the first wash cycle. He finds this technique more applicable across a wider range of cultivars and growing methods compared to using color alone.

Ha! :laughtwo: That’s probably the precise time I always noticed that my girl was ready. Lol! Often they told me it was time, with a provocative switch in subtle terpene expression.

Ripeness is pretty relative. There’s no denying that I get a zippier buzz from fresh buds from a plant harvested just as things started to cloud over.

So is he judging ripeness by quantity/weight? Is there any evidence yet that the terpene and cannabinoid profiles are different?

You woke up the cannabis geek in me Brian. Lol! My battery is going into the danger zone and I need to call it a day.
I’ll see you all tomorrow. :ciao:

So is he judging ripeness by quantity/weight?

The trichome heads swell in size at some point during the typical time span that people usually harvest, so it's a fine tuning of the harvest time. He only mentioned it briefly in the podcast.

Is there any evidence yet that the terpene and cannabinoid profiles are different?

I would love to see a breakdown of exactly that for each water wash. For those not familiar with his method, the amount of agitation determines what heads drop off the plant, the idea being those that fall off with the least agitation are the ripest, as in tree fruit.

Just to share an update on this topic, I heard Frenchy live on a podcast a couple days ago. He no longer holds the view that the trichome color alone is the best way to determine ripeness. His new method watches for a three day window where the trichome heads show a rapid expansion in size. Harvesting at this time produces the largest percentage of the ripest heads separating on the first wash cycle. He finds this technique more applicable across a wider range of cultivars and growing methods compared to using color alone.

Seems he came to the same conclusion I did, using the swell of the glands to determine ripeness.

Thanks for sharing that :thumb:

Good morning all. :hug:

I typically wake around 5:15 AM and take my cob or Dust dose on my way out the door, on an empty stomach, and have a cup of coffee with cream and sugar about an hour later. Today I’d like to try that differently with a light but fatty meal about 30 minutes ahead.

It was too cold and windy to go to the beach to watch the sun rise today, which makes this morning a perfect time for this part of the experiment. I’m gonna whip up a scrambled egg and a slice of buttery toast (butter from the milk of grass-fed cows), wait 30 minutes and take a 0.1 gram dose of regular Carnival Dust.

I’ll report back later. :ciao:

Regarding the capsule filling method - this video shows how to do it. The finer the powder, the better. We also tap the sides of the unit often to help settle the contents. Capsule Filling Method
For me, it takes 2.5 3.5 hours to start feeling the effect. Usually take 4 @ 4:30 p.m. and by 7, I’m badly bent. For my wife, it’s much quicker about 30-40 minutes and she has a much higher tolerance than myself! I think we paid around $30. Making 100 at a time is convenient. Expect the odd ruined capsule(s) while learning - however, no waste except the caps and they are cheap. We also make CBD caps for our older shepherd who has a chronic fungal infection. namaste. hedz

Good morning all. :hug:

I typically wake around 5:15 AM and take my cob or Dust dose on my way out the door, on an empty stomach, and have a cup of coffee with cream and sugar about an hour later. Today I’d like to try that differently with a light but fatty meal about 30 minutes ahead.

It was too cold and windy to go to the beach to watch the sun rise today, which makes this morning a perfect time for this part of the experiment. I’m gonna whip up a scrambled egg and a slice of buttery toast (butter from the milk of grass-fed cows), wait 30 minutes and take a 0.1 gram dose of regular Carnival Dust.

I’ll report back later. :ciao:
Too cold to go to the beach! Minus 41 (that’s about where the C&F scales meet) here in North Ontario here this morning.

Too cold to go to the beach! Minus 41 (that’s about where the C&F scales meet) here in North Ontario here this morning.

I‘m a spoiled wench, living in the paradise of the Gulf Coast. I’ve only been here a year and a half and I’m already passing up going to the beach when it’s 40° F and the wind is howling. Lol! I transplanted from Pittsburgh, along the Monongahela River, where the winds in winter will cut through any coverings, so you’d think these mild temps wouldn’t faze me. :laughtwo:

In less than a month I’ll be running through the sand in my bare feet and building this year’s tan. It’s a good life, when you let it be. :slide:

Time for that dose. :cheesygrinsmiley:

6 degrees here today :D

In the past I never really found edibles to do much, I'd eat the damn things and rarely feel any effects. So once I had my own weed to play with, I made some infused olive oil that at first I didn't think worked after making gummies and brownies with it. After it was informed to me by a inexperienced person that it works very well, I decided I just needed to up the dose. I am very lazy and rather blockheadish, so instead of trying to cook it into anything else, I just drink 6 or 7 tablespoons from a soup spoon. It's really gross (well pretty gross) but I really like the buzz! I'm almost out of oil and this looks WAY more paliteble. I'm in! CHEers Sue, thank you! :yahoo:

Regarding the capsule filling method - this video shows how to do it. The finer the powder, the better. We also tap the sides of the unit often to help settle the contents. Capsule Filling Method
For me, it takes 2.5 3.5 hours to start feeling the effect. Usually take 4 @ 4:30 p.m. and by 7, I’m badly bent. For my wife, it’s much quicker about 30-40 minutes and she has a much higher tolerance than myself! I think we paid around $30. Making 100 at a time is convenient. Expect the odd ruined capsule(s) while learning - however, no waste except the caps and they are cheap. We also make CBD caps for our older shepherd who has a chronic fungal infection. namaste. hedz

Isn’t it amazing how anatomical diversity can cause such inconsistencies among humankind!?! It’s exciting to hear others’ experiences with cannabis dust. Generally, I experience a mild onset within 30-60 minutes with a rather linear ramp up to a prolonged peak at 5-6 hours and some pleasant lingering effects as much as 8-10 hours later. I’ve noticed some mild variances with different strains.

Thanx for sharing your pill filler experiences. I’ve had one for nearly 2 years and have yet to take it out of the package. I’ve been a bit intimidated by the instructions. Also, I’m constantly experimenting, always looking for that utopian medication and haven’t been ready to commit to more than about 10-20 units at a time before moving on. With the experience with ground flower over the last few months, however, that’s probably about to change. This has been the most satisfying of all my experimentations over the past five years. I think I may have finally found my “better mousetrap”!

Back
Top Bottom