Concerned, rather worried about this plant

You know, my plants have been growing in straight alkaline soil and water the entire time. I mean it doesn't even make the needle move. Which sits on 8.

But then the reason I flushed it was because If I had lock out of minerals building up from not having proper run off or some other type I thought maybe it would help it.
Your lock outs are likely due to your very high pH. The absorption of the various elements happens at various pH levels but optimally at much lower ones.

Your lock outs are likely due to your very high pH. The absorption of the various elements happens at various pH levels but optimally at much lower ones.
I did check the PH in the water before feeding and it was between 6 and 6.4. That was using drinking water strips.
Because I didnt trust the meter once I realized it needed to be calibrated and I dont have that kind of time.
I have too much work.

I had some PH up down coming in but Amazon.... AS USUAL when you need it they dont send it on time. Now it MAY get here between today and the 9th.

These people never get what you REALLY need here on time.

But the lock out is so bad why are none of the other three plants getting locked out? They have the same feed schedule and same everything. I mean, I am not denying that what you say could be true. I just throwing out other info which makes me wonder.

I think my roommate believed I flushed out the nutrients and just gave it more when it wasnt time and then when I fed it on its normal time it was too much.

BUT, the way the plant is half screwed and half decent right down the middle of the plant... That is screaming, root lock on one side.

SO im going to cut the bottom of this bucket off without disturbing the roots and replant the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket into a felt pot filled 3/4 with new soil and even though the roots wont grow into that soil(probably not) it at least creates a buffer for no sitting water at the bottom of the bucket and when I flush it I will know the water isnt sitting at the bottom with the roots smashed together.

Watering trips up most new growers. I like to grow in SIPs which can take most of the watering issues out of the equation. You get bigger, healthier plants because the plant waters itself.

Bigger may not help you but you can downsize that part with shorter veg and/or smaller pots.

Another thing.... Is this just the leaves changing colors or is this an issue? If ONLY I KNEW WHAT STRAIN THIS WAS! lol

Screenshot_20231104_100754_Messages.jpg

20231104_100630.jpg

SO im going to cut the bottom of this bucket off without disturbing the roots and replant the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket into a felt pot filled 3/4 with new soil and even though the roots wont grow into that soil(probably not) it at least creates a buffer for no sitting water at the bottom of the bucket and when I flush it I will know the water isnt sitting at the bottom with the roots smashed together.
I agree with Bluter that that is a waste of time and resources. Won't make a lick of difference this far into the grow.

He also says to feed them at the right (higher) level to make available everything the plant needs (right again). There are various things that can be contributing to your issues, too high a pH, too low a nutrient level, not enough cal/Mag if growing under LED's , poor watering practices, etc.

And, different plants need different tactics, sometimes even true for clones from the same mother. Root balls can develop at different rates affecting a plant's ability to handle some conditions that other plants handle easily. That difference then compounds through the grow if not addressed.

Watering trips up most new growers. I like to grow in SIPs which can take most of the watering issues out of the equation. You get bigger, healthier plants because the plant waters itself.

Bigger may not help you but you can downsize that part with shorter veg and/or smaller pots.
That is just it.... All 4 of my plants fit under one 29 x 29 inch light when I flipped the lights. The stretch made it so one plant barely fits under one light and the other three barely fit under 2 lights in the basement.

This plant is huge. And the burning bud sites worry the hell out of me. Something is off and I will do whatever i can to try to fix it. Then In the end I will just clone it and try again.

Another thing.... Is this just the leaves changing colors or is this an issue? If ONLY I KNEW WHAT STRAIN THIS WAS! lol

Screenshot_20231104_100754_Messages.jpg

20231104_100630.jpg
It's too early for senescence to be setting in so I refer you to @bluter 's comments about feeding at the manufacturer's suggested rate.

And, yes. Lock your door. It's obvious you can't trust your roommate and if he's messing with you for whatever reason you don't want that affecting the plant. If he wants to mess with plants tell him to grow his own and leave yours the fuck alone.

I agree with Bluter that that is a waste of time and resources. Won't make a link of difference this far into the grow.

He also says to feed them at the right (higher) level to make available everything the plant needs (right again). There are various things that can be contributing to your issues, too high a pH, too low a nutrient level, not enough cal/Mag if growing under LED's , poor watering practices, etc.

And, different plants need different tactics, sometimes even true for clones from the same mother. Root balls can develop at different rates affecting a plant's ability to handle some conditions that other plants handle easily. That difference then compounds through the grow if not addressed.
Well if its dying at this rate.... It cant hurt it. If I could get it out of this closet I would take it outside (its also too cold outside) and just blow all the soil off the roots and replant it in good soil so I know what nutrients its getting.

My question would be... if it lacks nutrients... why is it burning up? Im not denying that it needs more nutrients. But it keeps getting multiple deficiency indicators on the leaves. But why would buds burn up without nutrients? I mean burn up. They are turning brown and trichomes are turning amber already at an immature state.

I caught every issue with these plants until this happened and I believe its because SOMEONE(my roommate) was busy trying to fix shit himself thinking I was doing the wrong thing. And every damn time I watered the plant I would pour 2.5 gallons into it and he would say, "You are flushing all the nutrients out" and "You are over watering it"

But of course he was wrong on both counts. You cant over water a plant because you pour 2.5 gallons through it every 3 days if the soil is dried out 3 days later. It would be overwatering if I poured 2.5 gallons through it every day. Sure then it could be. But not every 3rd day when the entire plant goes from about 40 pounds to about 10 pounds. That is 30 pounds less water in the bucket which means it needs water! lol

And as far as him saying I was flushing the nutrients out... He does NOT like to see run off. He thinks that is a waste of nutrients. SO I believe he was putting them back in. BUT unevenly so.

I cant figure out what else messed up HALF a plant. cut right down the middle. And when I said something this AM about all this he walked out of the room instead of his normal cant stop offering suggestions that are clearly not the issue.
The reason I couldn't troubleshoot this plant is because I had a second cook in the kitchen and he wasnt telling me what the hell he was doing.

20231103_193654 (1).jpg

20231103_193756.jpg

20231103_193804.jpg

20231103_193813.jpg

20231103_193818.jpg

20231103_193829 (1).jpg

20231103_193832.jpg

20231103_193840.jpg

20231103_193859 (1).jpg

It's too early for senescence to be setting in so I refer you to @bluter 's comments about feeding at the manufacturer's suggested rate.

And, yes. Lock your door. It's obvious you can't trust your roommate and if he's messing with you for whatever reason you don't want that affecting the plant. If he wants to mess with plants tell him to grow his own and leave yours the fuck alone.
I get the feeding at the manufacturers suggested rate. But if I feed it at JUST that rate its not due for another 4 days.

I'm going to post both sides of the plant as it is right now. Then I will try to post one of both sides right down the middle.

Just treat this plant as an experiment and see what you learn. It'll never be perfect even if everthing gets corrected as the deficient leaves won't magically green up again.

You're stressing too much over this plant. They don't all grow great but if you pay attention they all can educate.

You can clearly see by these photos that this plant is screwed like part of it stunted. And the rest did only a little bit.

So angry I could go off. But, I'm just concerned with what to do now to fix this. Or help it get to the end. Which is at least another month and a week.

First photo is the bad side. Second photo is the OK side. Third photo is the down the middle or quarter turn.

Imagine if you were lower on the plant in the third photo.... It would look like something just chopped through it on the right side of the photo. All that is stunted growth and since I noticed it was rising on one side and not the other,,,, WEEKS AGO... I kept spinning the plant away from the fan so it would give one side a break because the fan may be a bit too close but the closet is small. But every day I came home he had it spun back so it appeared like the first photo. Doing that because you could see more of the flowers from that angle. But he wasnt turning it back where I put it. So that side got blasted with air 24/7 through night and day. And the other side didnt get any of the air from the fan because it was blocked. And strangely I think that exacerbated the issue. Not caused it. But made it worse.

So because I knew he was doing it and he wasnt fessing up... I took a photo in the am and told him you can spin the plant to see it but put it back where it is... he said, "I dont mess with that plant I only look at it"

So when I got home and proved he was spinning it he said, " I didnt want it touching the wall. I only moved it so It wasnt touching the wall." I blew up and said, " I wanted it touching the fucking wall and you did more than move it from touching the wall... You spun it all the way back around where it APPEARS you can see more of the bud sites at the same time because your goal is looking at the buds and you think it was growing purple hairs when its not time for that and you have been doing this every damn day for weeks now. STOP SPINNING THE PLANT!! Leave it where it is!!"

I said a bunch of shit to him so maybe he will stop messing with the plant now. Or maybe he will go spin the plants in the basement and break another limb like he did a few weeks ago.

But I cant change any of that now.

The seeds were his and he popped them right after moving in (and didnt tell me until they were ready to be planted)... then realized it was out of season, realized he had no money for lights or amendments and then gave them all to me. Which means, he forced me into growing or killing them. Which would have been a waste of good Humboldt seeds. So I bought the stuff to grow them in the middle of a huge job and a shop I run. So I now have 3 jobs with this plant.

Once he said he wanted to take one plant back and I told him he can shit in his hat. He also said, "I will show you how to grow when this is done."
Dude didnt even know it needed to be re-fertilized every 2 weeks. I found that out because someone on this forum noticed this plant looked a little light after it had been in veg for 30 days. But the others were nice and dark green. Turns out all the plants missed a 2 week interval of veg fertilizer. That is when I thought, "Oh shit, I better look this fertilizer schedule up and stop trusting my roommate because he obviously has slow brain disease."

Since, I have been trying to figure this stuff out as I go. The only real help comes from people on this forum. But ultimately these plants are not the same in photos as they are IRL so the end result is I have to make a decision.

And because the bud sites are browning on one side and starting to on the other side I feel like something drastic needs to happen.

But I do have a question... What is @bluter telling me to do here? I am feeding at the manufacturers rate. I mean the Manufacturer of Dr Earth Bloom Booster. Other than it missing that 2 week interval during veg where all the plants got missed. But the other plants are doing just fine. All are a nice healthy rich green and uniform dark green. Lacking nothing. This plant is just huge when it comes to volume and its the only plant which has all its stems for the most part growing past the bucket (except maybe three main stalks in the center. The other plants, though tall, none of their branches extend past the bucket they are in. Leaves do, but not the stems.

20231104_102220.jpg

20231104_102203.jpg

20231104_102320.jpg

Just treat this plant as an experiment and see what you learn. It'll never be perfect even if everthing gets corrected as the deficient leaves won't magically green up again.

You're stressing too much over this plant. They don't all grow great but if you pay attention they all can educate.
I get what you're saying but this plant was unbelievably huge. Again, this is a 4 foot closet and it extends nearly the entire 4 foot width. I wanted of all three of them THIS one to grow to maturity properly and obviously that isn't in the cards now. Stressing? YEP! Because I dont know what he put in the damn plant and I cant fix it without flushing it. And I cant understand how the hell it looks burnt right after flushing it with 5 gallons of water.

An important question for me... can having too little nutrients cause flowers to burn like that and immature trichomes to go amber long before its time?

And I cant understand how the hell it looks burnt right after flushing it with 5 gallons of water.

An important question for me... can having too little nutrients cause flowers to burn like that and immature trichomes to go amber long before its time?
Give us a picture or two of what you mean by burnt flowers. We must have different definitions because I don't see what you do.

Oh I'm learning. I'm learning my roommate thinks his IQ is 159 and its like 59.
Does he think this is his plant or that he's getting part of the harvest? That may explain why he's interfering, trying to make sure it works out based on his knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom