Crawdaddy's 2014 Summer Outdoor Season

Thanks to S1ingblade I got 2-12" Hydro hals for the two Capn Style plants (plus a bonus 5 gallon Smart pot)

S1ing is the man!

So here is what they had before, kind of small..
DSCN21194.JPG

I expanded out one of the holes in each airport to run irrigation tube through the side( if run over top the hose gets kinked easy. Also cut out some pieces from the insualtion foam baord i used for light divider in LED comparison as light blockers for the top of the rockwool.

And here is the BVK all set up...
DSCN21213.JPG
DSCN21203.JPG

And the BCB..
DSCN21175.JPG
DSCN21184.JPG

Here is the branch on the FBK I broke off other day..
DSCN21225.JPG

As you can see no big loss, although it was the tallest top(why i was bending it over), was right in the middle.
DSCN21235.JPG

Thanks man I ended up 17.5 oz with those 2 plants
After all was said and done,the biggest shocker was they were
Only in 2.5 gallons of mini cubes(3 gallon plant warrior pots)

Harvested the first bit of some of the autoflowers today. They really have some great smells to them.

First time used autoflower, it a cool thing, and I surprised at how potent buds look and how good they smell. But i still see them as a 'novelty' maybe good for a few specfic things, like outdoor harvest in June LOL, but overall photoperiod is far superior.

Of the three I took this AM, all 3 look potent, but one, the one on right in pics, is VERY airy.

DSCN21245.JPG
DSCN21255.JPG
DSCN21265.JPG
DSCN21275.JPG
DSCN21284.JPG

I left the bottoms to mature some more.

DSCN21295.JPG

Here is all 3 trimmed up...

DSCN21302.JPG

and here are some macros of all 3..

macro_1.jpg
macro_3.jpg
macro_2.jpg

May have been a bit early, but that ok!

Very nice, and thanks for all the great pictures. This makes me think I should do a few autos next year outdoors. They are small enough I wonder if I could do them "urban" style!

Scrolling up to your big plants outdoors, I wanted to comment on how nice the branching is as the base of the stalk. You must top them very early and often.

Very nice, and thanks for all the great pictures. This makes me think I should do a few autos next year outdoors. They are small enough I wonder if I could do them "urban" style!

Scrolling up to your big plants outdoors, I wanted to comment on how nice the branching is as the base of the stalk. You must top them very early and often.

Yes they all got topped early, but only once, then it is mostly LST and cleaning out lower junk. Except for the REAL big Bluberry, I think i topped a lot of its secondary branches a second time.

With regards to autos, all these stayed less then 2-3 feet, if even that, but I have seen other auto strains get bigger, so just need to be careful on your choices if do it, they are easy as pie though, plant, water and feed a bit, that it. I was pleasently surprised how these look with regards to smell and trich production, we will see how they smoke soon:)

Thanks for stopping by and helping me out:)

Big Photo Update!

So everything is looking very good in the greenhouse. Now the days are officially getting shorter since solstice is passed. This space is going to be tight be end of year, many of the plants in here will be gone by then, some of the vegging indoor plants taking up temporary residence here. As said before, plan is to end up with 7 large plants.

Here is overall shot...
DSCN21374.JPG

Autoflowers, 3 partially harvested ones on left..
DSCN21383.JPG
DSCN21391.JPG
DSCN21401.JPG
DSCN21414.JPG
DSCN21422.JPG
DSCN21433.JPG

The BVK and BCB growing 'Cap'n Style' BVK on left. I thinned out alot of small branches/undergrowth on the BCB it branches like crazy...
DSCN21444.JPG
DSCN21485.JPG
DSCN21455.JPG
DSCN21464.JPG
DSCN21475.JPG

DSCN21493.JPG
DSCN21515.JPG
DSCN21504.JPG

The big Blueberry.
DSCN21525.JPG
DSCN21533.JPG
DSCN21541.JPG
DSCN21553.JPG

and finally the Critical(on left), been showing great growth last 4-5 days, and the FBK who has monster leaves and stems...
DSCN21561.JPG
DSCN21573.JPG
DSCN21583.JPG
DSCN21593.JPG
DSCN21604.JPG
DSCN21615.JPG
DSCN21625.JPG

I also checked the res on the BVK, looks like it went through about 6-7 of the 10 gallons in res in about 6 days. PPM was about 450-500 on start, down to 250. REfilled it with 6 gallons and adjusted ppm to ~500 and pH to 5.5-6.0(still using drops, new pH pen here on Tuesday). Ran out of water, got to wait for RO filter to catch up been a problem with bigger reservoirs lol, will do the BCB later, it went through about 5 gallons and ppm stayed stable at ~450-500, not as heavy a feeder i guess.

Still no problem with res water temps, but it been rather cool last week-2. Only really 1 or 2 days so far above 85 this summer, and only a week above 80. Suppsoed to be in the mid 80's this weekend, then back to the 70's next week, with a few days in 60's and showers. Great weather so far, i hate the heat.

Hey great update Craw! My favorite specimen is the Blueberry, looking reall nice.

About those autoflowers, did you notice the white fluffy stuff floating around? I'm pretty sure that is actually a fungus, we have the same stuff in our backyard. It can get real sticky and annoying, hard to remove if it builds up. I believe it gets really stringy too. I literally have found those same things, I think the internal white part is the spore capsule. Just a heads up if you didn't notice.

OO i noticed, and it not fungus, about 2-3 weeks ago for about 2-3 days it was like snow, it is Dandelion seeds A field upwind of us is TOTALLY invested. And still some stragglers holding on. I been picking dandelion seedlings out of all my pots that where wet at time. In corners where wind circled they where literally an inch thick. It was nuts the sheer number.

But thanks for the heads up :thumb:

edit: I should get the hose out and wash them all down since not seen any more for a few weeks.

OO i noticed, and it not fungus, about 2-3 weeks ago for about 2-3 days it was like snow, it is Dandelion seeds A field upwind of us is TOTALLY invested. And still some stragglers holding on. I been picking dandelion seedlings out of all my pots that where wet at time. In corners where wind circled they where literally an inch thick. It was nuts the sheer number.

But thanks for the heads up :thumb:

edit: I should get the hose out and wash them all down since not seen any more for a few weeks.

Floating around last week looking like Dandelion fluff: Woolly Aphid

20140619_154051-1.jpg

VERY VERY nice, CD. I'm so envious of your greenhouse. I think my neighbor would wonder what was in it, if I set one of those up! Your plants look very healthy.

You've done a great job keeping them shorter and bushy. But I'm curious how you're going to manage these beasts as the days start getting shorter? Do you think they will stay short enough? I'm thinking 4' x 8' scrog for those two capn style plants ;-)

Either way, I'm so excited to see these go crazy in the next few months.

VERY VERY nice, CD. I'm so envious of your greenhouse. I think my neighbor would wonder what was in it, if I set one of those up! Your plants look very healthy.

You've done a great job keeping them shorter and bushy. But I'm curious how you're going to manage these beasts as the days start getting shorter? Do you think they will stay short enough? I'm thinking 4' x 8' scrog for those two capn style plants ;-)

Either way, I'm so excited to see these go crazy in the next few months.

That is one of my bigger concerns.

I have considered the scrog idea, and nothing is set in stone, but what I think will do is top and or pull down tallest branches. I am just going to keep an eye on it and adjust as time goes on.

I picked strains that should be short stretchers and early finishers, no Sativa, or very little, in these. Which sucks, but necessary for climate here. They should start their flowering here in about a month. Last year stuff really started going flower last week in July first week in August, so unless their growth rates really take off think I be ok.

If need be I could always put green house on blocks of some kind to get extra foot or two. It is not mounted to ground.

Back
Top Bottom