Decarboxylation & Edible Question

Darade

So, I came up with an idea, 1g of 35% THC should = 350MG Decarbed, right? Say I decarb a gram, can I just consume that with a spoon full of peanut butter? Would this work?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm just hella curious. Also, sorry if this is the wrong section.

Yup that's that's the math... 35%? Some hella bud ya got there! And that is a huge dose! :hookah:

It's Ajo Blanco, from Maven Genetics, and usually, the normal doses don't work but edibles made from normal flower gets me baked into the couch. That's the high I'm after xD

Also what temp, and how long should I do it for, it's just a gram

It's Ajo Blanco, from Maven Genetics, and usually, the normal doses don't work but edibles made from normal flower gets me baked into the couch. That's the high I'm after xD

Also what temp, and how long should I do it for, it's just a gram
230 - 240 degrees F for 40 minutes.

So, the steps I did was Decarb(230-250 for 40 mins (it was hard to keep the oven lower, when it kicked on it meant business lol) the gram, then I mixed the dough together with the Cocobutter and Ghee, took a ball for a decent sized cookie, and then I rolled it in the Decarbed flower to collect it all, then proceeded to bake the said cookies on 375 for prolly 10-14ish mins.
Yes I do have pieces of weed in my teeth, but it was the best tasting chocolate cookie! xD Hopefully it works!

So, the steps I did was Decarb(230-250 for 40 mins (it was hard to keep the oven lower, when it kicked on it meant business lol) the gram, then I mixed the dough together with the Cocobutter and Ghee, took a ball for a decent sized cookie, and then I rolled it in the Decarbed flower to collect it all, then proceeded to bake the said cookies on 375 for prolly 10-14ish mins.
Yes I do have pieces of weed in my teeth, but it was the best tasting chocolate cookie! xD Hopefully it works!
Good Luck! Let us know how it worked...:morenutes:

So, the steps I did was Decarb(230-250 for 40 mins (it was hard to keep the oven lower, when it kicked on it meant business lol) the gram

Yeah, kitchen ovens are lousy tools for the job, really. Instead of climbing to a set temperature and then maintaining it, they typically climb above the set temperature while the sensor is coming up to that set temperature. Then the heat source shuts off, temperature immediately begins to fall, albeit slowly. Sensor drops below setting - and a whopping great fire is (re)lit directly underneath, causing high temps until sensor reaches set point again. Rinse, lather, and repeat endlessly.

If it was an (otherwise) empty oven with just a gram in it... 10X worse at trying to maintain a set temperature in da box. In future, figure out something that won't crack, shatter, catch fire, boil, et cetera to use for thermal mass. The more mass, the less often the oven will cycle, probably. Then you just need to discover how much above the set point temperature your oven gets before it actually shuts off, lol, and what the average temperature differential is between that and the temperature at which it cycles back on.

If you have a cast iron skillet (any skillet, I suppose) and a non-contact infrared thermometer, perhaps you'd do well decarboxylating on top of the stove. Because, unlike the oven - which is either full on or off - the burners on top are adjustable, and produce a set amount heat constantly. . . .

You might lose a little more weight in the oven as any remaining moisture evaporates. But yes all decarboxylation does is remove the layer of carbon around the thc molecule that prohibits it from making contact with your endocannabinoid receptors (which usually only happens during combustion or hot air vaping) leaving the flower activated and ready to interact with your brain. Mrs cough doesn't smoke nor care for the taste so we grind up her decarb in the food processor and pack the resulting dust into capsules for her to swallow. She has best results when consumed along with a small amount of fat like a piece of chocolate

Back
Top Bottom