DocJ First Time Grow CropKing Autoflowers

Looking good Doc J, yeah i agree with the lst and topping comment.. i think just letting them do their thing is the way to go, theres no harm in scrogging autos however to get the lateral stems to catch up and get some bulk.
The last time i did an auto that looked like yours i still got a decent 3-4 oz from it.
Good luck mate.

Looking good.

Will top and maybe scrog mine when they get started.

Not a fan of LST. As a lifelong landscaper I've seen what tags. strings, pipe cleaners...etc do to restrict growth in that particular branch. My opinion is anything tied around a branch lessens nutrient uptake.

Looking good.

Will top and maybe scrog mine when they get started.

Not a fan of LST. As a lifelong landscaper I've seen what tags. strings, pipe cleaners...etc do to restrict growth in that particular branch. My opinion is anything tied around a branch lessens nutrient uptake.
You're only hook it with something that is soft with give to it.

Looking good Doc J, yeah i agree with the lst and topping comment.. i think just letting them do their thing is the way to go, theres no harm in scrogging autos however to get the lateral stems to catch up and get some bulk.
The last time i did an auto that looked like yours i still got a decent 3-4 oz from it.
Good luck mate.
That gives me hope, i would be very happy with 3-4 oz per plant lol

Worried I’m going to have low yields. The girls seem short for starting flowering. Kinda wished I would have just let my first round of auto flowers grow on their own without LST or topping
I am with you on that thought too. Mine is starting to flower but due to all the training I did she's very short and lop sided. Only time will tell

Do I raise the lights as the plants get taller? Do I maintain the distance or do slightly decrease the distance as long as the light doesn’t burn?

Depends on the strength of the light but keeping about 15-18 inches above the top of the plant is ideal. As the plant grows you will need to raise the light accordingly.

Your plants will let you know immediately if they don’t like it. Look for tacoing leaves or bleached tops. They look sad if they are hot.

Derby is right to suggest a fan blowing between the light and the canopy, I use a clip fan. I usually have them 20-30 inches above the girls at the start of stretch and then let them grow up to it without adjusting my light. Usually by the end they are about 15” away. Nooow if you have a crazy tall plant, like I currently do then yes you will need to move the light up as she grows. Lol

Back
Top Bottom