Drooping plants

Myhobbie

I first starting noticing my plants droop before I turned the lights of one day... I think I may of over watered them the day before... So I waited for a day or two and they did seem to purk up again.... Then the next time I went to water them they done the exact Same thing the next day... But the thing is don't think I have been over watering because I have never watered them untill I see water drain out of the bottom, now today I went to check before the lights went out and again they were droopy as if they've been over waterd but the pot were dry and light so this time I thought 'under watering' so because they we're dry I couldn't not give them water.... so I went ahead and gave them babies a drink ...more then usual but again they didn't seem to drain out of the bottom (they do have a lot of holes In the bottom) I could see the soil was dry at the bottom but I didn't want to feed any more from the top Incase of water log... So I gave them a drink from the bottom and within 5 minutes they sucked all the water up...... I didn't want to give any more again just incase of over watering.... Now if they were droopy this morning because they were dry and now they've had a drink they should start to purk up within a hour or two right???? But my babies aren't, they are still droopy and I only have 1 week of veg left so I need to sort the problems before I put them into flower ?? Please any help ????
image32998.jpg

image32997.jpg

You are both overwatering them ans well as watering them incorrectly.

Wait until they dry up man! Not just knuckle deep in the soil but wait until there is no doubt that the soil is not soaked 2/3 down inside the rootball. Your pot will get really light.

The reason they are saggy is because they are not dry enough in the center when you are giving them more water and therefore the roots are staying soaked all of the time and your roots are being starved of oxygen and if you keep it up you may induce some rot!
I could see the soil was dry at the bottom but I didn't want to feed any more
It don't matter what you want, what the plant wants/ needs is the important thing.

Wait until the pot is damn sure dry and then WATER UNTIL 10-15% RUNS OUT THE BOTTOM!!!!!!!

This pushes the oxygen thats in the top of the soil down into the root zone so your leaves stay perky!

Mate thank you so much for the reply..... They have started perking back up again and I will take some more pics later....It is kinda awkward aswell because I have 4 in slightly smaller pots... But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it ... So how long do reacon it will take for next watering.... 2 days ?? I've got a air cooled 600w and a standard 400 hps and a 250 cfl... It's a bastard because when reading stuf on Internet they all say different and grow shop guy just said give then a little at a time but I am now going to stick to the advice u gave me and hopefully I should see improvements .... Again thank you so much bud

Going to second what fan leaf said. Give them plenty when you water so at least 10-20% drains out of the bottom, then do not water again until the pot is dry and light. Only wetting the top few inches of soil at a time will either kill or severely stunt plant growth. Do not feed every time you water and make sure you are adjusting the ph of the water with or without nutes. For that size plant, in that size pot, depending on the temperature and transpiration rate, you will probably only need to water once every 4-7 days. Every grow is different. Every grower is different, but to reiterate: Think like the plant.

Mate thank you so much for the reply..... They have started perking back up again and I will take some more pics later....It is kinda awkward aswell because I have 4 in slightly smaller pots... But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it ... So how long do reacon it will take for next watering.... 2 days ?? I've got a air cooled 600w and a standard 400 hps and a 250 cfl... It's a bastard because when reading stuf on Internet they all say different and grow shop guy just said give then a little at a time but I am now going to stick to the advice u gave me and hopefully I should see improvements .... Again thank you so much bud

Probably not every 2 days at that size. More than likely every 3-5 days for now and probably closer to 4 or 5. But right now since you over watered the last time you need to give it extra time to let the rootball dry up a bit so she may not need water for a week! As the plant grows it will use and need water more often. When in full swing and larger it could need water every 1-2 days. Very important to not kill it with love. Let it go until the pot is light and you have NO doubt it's ready. If you are second guessing it, it don't need water.

This is important so when you do water it flushes old stuff out and new goods and oxygen in. That's why she keeps sagging on you. These plants are better off a little dry than wet.
Feed in your water 1 time per week and just water the rest. For now in a 7 day period you should be able to feed with your water one day, wait about 3-4 days and water only.

You will get it. Took me time to figure out when to water too! I started over watering mine even though I was trying to be very careful not to because I knew the damage it can cause.

Well thanks for the replies I can't thank you enough ..... I have now had another look and they now look pretty healthy..so fingers crossed they stay that way ... I will post pics tomorrow as can't access pc atm .......... I have switched the lights on 24/7 so hopefully they'll regain there healthyness intime for flower next week.... I will keep you posted guys and thank you again

Ok so I have another little question.... I havent kept them on the 24-7, but I did change around the times so I was able to check the babies after they woke up after 6 hours of darkness.... So I had a look and they look the healthiest I've even seen them I will post pics within the hour..... But my dilemar is that, the top of the soil is dry but the weight of my pots doesn't seem any lighter then before I last fed them and obviously last time I overwatered them ....... Do I leave them to get even more dry or do I give them a little sprinkle on top..... thank you guys

Ok so I have another little question.... I havent kept them on the 24-7, but I did change around the times so I was able to check the babies after they woke up after 6 hours of darkness.... So I had a look and they look the healthiest I've even seen them I will post pics within the hour..... But my dilemar is that, the top of the soil is dry but the weight of my pots doesn't seem any lighter then before I last fed them and obviously last time I overwatered them ....... Do I leave them to get even more dry or do I give them a little sprinkle on top..... thank you guys

DO NOT sprinkle anything on top. NO WATER!

That's what I been telling you. The top will always get dry first, it's what hits the air! The roots do not live on top of the soil. They have plenty of water.

You will kill that plant if you continue to over water it. The roots will rot and grow fungus. I just told you do not water for probably close to a week since the last water. DO NOT water until it the pot is so light you have ZERO doubt that it needs it and the center of the root ball is not a wet spot.

If you water again already as soon as the leaves perk up you will do her no good. Her leaves just came back up man! You will cause huge problems for down the road if you continue to want to over water her so badly.

Ok so silly me couldn't wait and I gave them a little water, but when I say a little all I done was spray they top, only one has dropped back down but only slightly so I guess it still lacking oxygen... Ok so are you sure it's ok leaving the top of the soil dry for a day or two even tho my temps do run slightly high max 32....... It's in a loft so hard to keep temps down at times.... That's the only thing I get worried about is leavin the top of the soil go dry for more then a dry... Again thanks for the reply and sorry if I'm sounding like a dick lol

Ok so silly me couldn't wait and I gave them a little water, but when I say a little all I done was spray they top, only one has dropped back down but only slightly so I guess it still lacking oxygen... Ok so are you sure it's ok leaving the top of the soil dry for a day or two even tho my temps do run slightly high max 32....... It's in a loft so hard to keep temps down at times.... That's the only thing I get worried about is leavin the top of the soil go dry for more then a dry... Again thanks for the reply and sorry if I'm sounding like a dick lol

I'm done dude. God luck! I'll see your next posts when you have huge ph issues due to decaying pete moss in your soil becoming acidic and the plant develops root rot. Keep killing it with love man!

THE TOP OF YOUR SOIL MEANS DICK!

To be honest mate you think you know it all when you have givin me wrong advice !!!!! All along its been under watering as all I've been doing is a little on top and a little on bottom never had it drained so the end result is in the centre has been dry !!!!!! When I gave them water just before I posted they started parked up a few hours after which I stated in my post !!!!! And I took you advice and left them apart from when I seen them dry this morning !!! I have now checked again and they're going even more droopy so I checked weight of pots and they seem light so I had a got dig and the soil is bone fukin dry inside !!!!!! So I am now going to give them a water and make sure they drain through !!!!!! hopefully this will sort my problems out !!

To be honest mate you think you know it all when you have givin me wrong advice !!!!! All along its been under watering as all I've been doing is a little on top and a little on bottom never had it drained so the end result is in the centre has been dry !!!!!! When I gave them water just before I posted they started parked up a few hours after which I stated in my post !!!!! And I took you advice and left them apart from when I seen them dry this morning !!! I have now checked again and they're going even more droopy so I checked weight of pots and they seem light so I had a got dig and the soil is bone fukin dry inside !!!!!! So I am now going to give them a water and make sure they drain through !!!!!! hopefully this will sort my problems out !!

Ok dude. When you give a dry plant water their leaves dont sag, they go up because they got the water and oxygen they need. You keep saying your leaves are sagging and your giving them more water and they are saging again. Then you say you held off on water and they came back up! Then when they came back up and the top felt dry you gave em more and they sagged again!

Your not watering once or twice a week and thoroughly drenching the soil until you get some runoff but instead watering every day and keeping the root zone flooded. My bad, your right, I'm wrong. Your root zone don't need any oxygen like the rest of ours do I guess even though leaf sag is a classic symptom of no oxygen to the roots among other things.

Have fun.

By the way.
Your pics up top do not show any sign of under watering. Your soil is not dry in the pics either.
So between yesterday and today you have watered twice that we know of. Yep, I'm giving wrong advice. In 1 day I had your plants living in a desert and they desperately needed more water.

To top it off in your LAST MESSAGE you say now your going to drench them? lol Wish I could be there to see it at this point. 20 minutes after your leaves will be hanging down and shriveling like a 70 year old man in a tub for 4 hours

ps, I don't think I know it all bud however I do know enough not to water 3-4 times in 1 and a half days!

Yes mate the point up untill they have no energy left and then they sag again !!!! How can you be 100% sure when the soil and pots are not in front of you !!!!! If all I have been doing is watering a little on top and a little on bottom NEVER DRAINING IT THROUGH!! That would be incorrect watering and would surly corse issues ??? You say leave it for days when all I have left it for is 24 hours and I have stuck HALF of my middle finger in the soil and its bone dry !!! Surly that's not right ???? ....... About 5 hours ago all of my plants were looking healthy (no sagging) apart from 1 (the dryest one) and I've have just checked and they are ALL sagging and all dry ????? But why have they started sagging when I have not watered them ???????? So surly that's not overwatering lol

Ok that first picture was took an hour after watering and the leafs where droopy before watering !!! and that watering was the most of giving them (and still did not run through) ( roughly 2.5 litres). Around 7 hours later I checked them and they were purking back up again (as I stated in my second message). I then checked this morning and the top of the soil were all dry so I SPRAYED 500ml over the top of the soil on 9 PLANTS, (that's hardly giving them a drink)..... And at this point all looked healthy apart from ONE(a little droopy).... I then check again around 10 hours later and ALL PLANTS were dropping, ALL the pots were dry !!!!! Baring in mind I have a 600, 400 & 300 cfl so the temps are quite high at times.......

Okay bay cool tube 5 in or 4 in.
Have to be aer out min 400m3 par 1h
Litth 400w metal hid for grow
Bloom hps 400w
No clf.
Clf ist for clons rooting start only
Amen

Or best reepot dem pod 5L
After no mach watering
Mach DAT min no good rimeber did is. Weed no fuc......bonsai or something difremt exotics shee..........t
Relax

Back
Top Bottom