DWC Water temps

StoneyBob44

420 Member
Hello all, hope everyone is having an awesome day. I have a genera question for those that like to test plants limits.
me personally I love to geek out on experimenting on plants between feeds, lights, temps, it’s goes on.
But my latest geek session is about running my DWC at the lowest temp possible in hopes for better and more definitive colors on my flowers ?
They say cool fall temps bring out color.
well what about running colder water through a chiller ?? I just added chiller at week 5 and starting temps are at 66 for the water and 82 for air. Anyone else like to do this or have tried this at all ?
thanks for any feedback and have a great day everyone.

Get the "air" temperature down a good bit during the dark period. This thread might offer some useful information:

I’m thinking the outside cold gets in and makes the colors flow right. So why not do he opposite. I’m thinking outside temp in tent 80-84. And water temp somewhere between 66-68. They say the coldest water it can live in is 60, so at around 66 - 68, I’m thinking it should push the color out during the ripen stage? Idk what do you think ?
But I’ll let you know at the end of October. I’m at 70 now and it’s still taking 2 gallons a day in a DWC, so it’s not affecting nutrient intake.

I think that, when the weather turns cold, the root zone is likely to be the warmest part of the (outdoor) plant at night.
Ya true now that you mention it when frost comes you put a blanket over the bottom of plant to not freeze it, but I don’t want to try it drastically low it’s Jimmy Hendrix Auto Purple Haze we dubbed. Godzilla haha. We counted 64 shoots, using scrog method, So ya I don’t want to push the envelope, just hopping for rush color with out using an AC

Back
Top Bottom