Dying leaves in veg?!

bmo420

So I'm about 2 months into my grow, I have a midnight kush, blue medi kush, ak-49, and 2 train wrecks all in soil under 600w mh. They have all been topped and given the same water nutes dark light, everything. But the 2 train wreck new growth mostly the edges of the leaves r turning brown and dying, not enough nutes? Or nute burn? I'm not sure exactly, I have been giving plain water for the past week or so to try to flush them, but have seen no improvment, I am thinking to give more nutes when the soil drys? Also growth has slowed a lot.

Hi BMO - sorry to hear you are having some troubles with the Train Wreck. It would help if you had a picture or pictures tremendously, as it can be nearly impossible to tell by description, as there are many possibilities with only subtle differences at times. Also, what type of soil are you using and are there nutrients in it? Brown edges does sound like it could be nute burn perhaps. Keep in mind that once damage is done, it never heals. So... we look to the newest growth to determine whether we're on the right track.

The new growth is damaged, I am using professional gorwing soil, not sure the brand, but bought it from local head shop. I wwill try to post some pics in a couple of min.

IMG-20130511-01323.jpg
IMG-20130511-01322.jpg
IMG-20130511-01320.jpg

I don't think I was giving proper nutes, this is only my second grow. I found this schedule tho, that I am going to start to follow..
Week 1 (3 leaf-set seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Does this sound like a proper feeding schedule? And also should I be giving plain water anytime during this schedule?

Some soils already have nutrients in them, and don't require any additional nutrients added until the plants are more mature - I think it's important to understand what's already in your soil before anything else. I'm not a soil grower, but I might try to see if I can get a knowledgeable soil grower to swing by and weight in.

Thnkx a lot man, appreciate it... I just called the store I bought it at, and I think he said it was "b'cuzz soil" but I'm not sure if that's the one I bought :p

I had the same issue with my blue cheese when they were little. The rams horn look can be several things but the guy I got the clones from said that this strain for some reason, tends to do that. But that has nothing to do with the yellowing/browning of the leaves. Curling down like that is exactly what mine have been doing and still are. I've been laying off of the nutes because my soil also has nutrients in it. So I over did it on nitrogen. Have you though about a flush with epsom salt?

I tried to flush with plain water .. No improvement, going to give them nutes tomorrow and hopefully they will improve. I never was really sure about howw to mix my nutes, maybe I over did it.

I took another look at the photos and, if I were you, I wouldn't add any nutrients. At least not yet. Are they showing any signs of deficiency? Because what I was seeing doesn't look like deficiency. The leaves have a deep green and they're a bit shiny. That's kinda a tell tale sign of nitrogen abundance. What PPM are you feeding them at? What is the NPK ratio? How often have you been feeding them? And, even though it rarely matters in soil, what ph is the water you're feeding with? Is that feeding schedule the appropriate one for the nutes you're using?

I have to go now... don't add nutes, flush with Epsom salt and let dry out. I will give more info when I can

edit --

OK it is really REALLY important to know your soil. Many of the prepared soils have way too much nitrogen for most strains of cannabis and will cause nutrient lock outs that I think you are getting

I would

I snipped this from a post to me from Doc Bud

snip --

There's an easy way to get rid of excess nitrogen in soil.

Epsom salt foliar flush coupled with an epsom salt drench.

For the foliar, mix up about 400ppm of Epsom Salt and RO water.
For the Drench, again, 400ppm and run at least twice the volume of water as soil through pot. This can take a while.

end snip --

then let them dry out, not all the way but almost to the point of wilting then start with a little Pro-Tekt and cal/mag no nitrogen for a bit till you see how they are doing.

I hope this helps

In the future Happy Frog is not too hot and drains well

I've read this before and have researched and practiced this recently. So far the damage has been stopped but I can't say anything g is reversible. Meaning the damaged leaves probably won't fix themselves. But an epsom salt flush/drench is the best damage control option you have. I run the epsom salt at 240-250 ppm but it was said, in an article I read, that you would want to run that flush at 400 ppm but I always error on the side of caution. Epsom salt has magnesium and it absorbs quickly.

Epson salt is available anywhere you could find first aid products. Its used for many things. But I don't know what your situation is. If you're a long way out of town and aren't looking at being able to go there soon, then it is what it is. If that's the case, flushing with plain water is fine. Just run triple the volume of water that your containers are...this could take some time. Its no different with the Epson salt. It takes a lot of flushing to insure you have gotten the toxicity cured.

Do the pics look like nute burn? Is flushing more wise? I've been giving plain water for over a week,I cannot run too much water through the pots because there is nowhere for it to drain once on the floor the pots would sit in puddles. I water to get about 10% runoff. New question if possible .. If I start this nute schedule ..
Week 1 (3 leaf-set seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Is there a time that I give plain water? Or just follow what it says?

I took another look at the photos and, if I were you, I wouldn't add any nutrients. At least not yet. Are they showing any signs of deficiency? Because what I was seeing doesn't look like deficiency. The leaves have a deep green and they're a bit shiny. That's kinda a tell tale sign of nitrogen abundance. What PPM are you feeding them at? What is the NPK ratio? How often have you been feeding them? And, even though it rarely matters in soil, what ph is the water you're feeding with? Is that feeding schedule the appropriate one for the nutes you're using?

I just seen this post, I'm not sure what ppm or what the npk ratio is, I give water when soil is dry, every second watering I give nutes, the water ph is 6-7 .. I just found a nute schedule that I'm going to start going by, but am unsure weather or not to give plain water anytime besides when flushing

Leaves are yellowing, some anyways.. Bottom leaves. So I don't think there is too much nitrogen? I gave nutes today.. See whaat happens

The middle and top of the plants leaves are browning on the edges, and the leaves are curling n dying in some places, otherwise those leaves the girls look healthy I think

Back
Top Bottom