FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

i have observed swelling stop 1-2 weeks before they are ready on many occasions and i dont want ambers to much unlike you so i wonder in the weeks before you harvest wether the calyx keep swelling i believe there is no point in further energy expenditure from the plants perspective once the pistils turn colour as they should become unable to receive pollen hence procreate

Hmmm, sounds very strain-dependent, as I thought. I don’t claim to know the plant’s intentions :), but I have seen plenty of buds that had swollen calyxes, many with aging pistils. And photo-period Jack Herer is one of those strains.

Please know that I am well aware of the appearance of the different stages of trichome development, and the plant will be harvested when I see more like ~90% milky. It’s nearly there, but my estimated harvest dates were based on how slow she has been to ripen. I am examining trichs every day, and if she suddenly is ready, I am ready too! :cheer: The swollen calyxes are secondary, of course.
:ganjamon:

Fattening up either happens or it doesn't. Like I said, that's not what tells you when to harvest. Some strains get fat, some don't. Some grower do better than others. You get what you get when the trichomes say cut.

Hey Bro! :high-five:
Shed is right about this. I’m sure you’ve seen photos of lanky, whispy Sativa buds. Not every strain gets phat! And the trichs don’t lie. Like I posted above, when Jackie hits at least 90% milky, she will be cut. Sheesh! She’s already almost a month after K, and it’s time to think about wrapping it up. :yummy:

:passitleft:

Well, I'm beginning to feel that I might have one of those Sativa Wispy no so lanky types. Damn near closing in on 150days since seed drop! I'm watching everyone else harvesting and curing and starting new grows and slogging along with a I don't have a clue Mystery Bud. Don't even have a clue what in the hell to call it. It mostly has some sort of sweet citrus smell, though the last couple of days there been some slight kitchen trash can smell to it also. Nothing strong on either count.

I guess I have seeds burning holes in my pockets. My order for 30 seeds has shipped, I have some more from my Ocean Beach dealer. Then some Sensi Stars seeds FelipeBlu found in some cheap weed I shared with him. Finally some Gorilla Grape that a buddy in town want me to grow and share with him.

Ah well, all comes to those who can wait, Right???

Ah, but it’s been a great semester, right? Look at everything you’ve learned! Rey is magnificent, and you got clones to grow roots first time out! :welldone:

Kitchen trash? Seriously? :hmmmm:o_O

We’ll have time to grow out those seeds
- having fun, and learning more all the time.
:passitleft:

Hi there! :ciao:
Are ya still with me? :ciao::welcome::ciao:

First of all, hats off to all the good people in the world who put it out for the man day in and day out. :bravo:

Now, on to the reason we’re here.
Wow, Jackie is getting to be an old maid!
She’s at Day 107, flower week 12. Nearly 100% milky and really smelling fine! :yummy: Hard to define, but spicy, woody, slightly musky - kind of like good sex in a log cabin :p

Don’t have time to harvest her until Sunday, but the only amber I’m seeing is light transparent - not dark, so I’m not worried about a few more days.

Until next time... :passitleft:

Well, Jackie is in the twilight of her life. I turned off the Mini yesterday afternoon and she has been basking in the glow of a single 65W 2700k CFL. Her final hour is upon her - as harvest will start at 4:20.

The deed is done. :Namaste: Thank you Jackie.

Back
Top Bottom