First Time Indoor Grow - Need Your Help

In Australia so hard to get gear from the sponsors. Fans not in stock.
most likely use Yates Premium potting mix. Recommend for roses.
Yes the days can get to 40° C here in middle of summer. Might shift it to the cooler side of the shed without direct sunlight.
I'm in Australia and it's getting fucking hot already in south coast NSW!
Where you at mate?
That sheed might get a bit to hot over summer if it's in direct sunlight for multiple hours!
Your humidity is also very low for veg.
There is a few things you can do to up it!!
Most advice here is great but if you want some Australia specific advice just ask!! 👍

I'm in Australia and it's getting fucking hot already in south coast NSW!
Where you at mate?
That sheed might get a bit to hot over summer if it's in direct sunlight for multiple hours!
Your humidity is also very low for veg.
There is a few things you can do to up it!!
Most advice here is great but if you want some Australia specific advice just ask!! 👍
Thanks bud
SEQ…….shed in direct sun so only using light at night.Putting a window in for ventilation
how do I adjust humidity?
how long generally is a grow? How many months from seedling to harvest?

Thanks bud
SEQ…….shed in direct sun so only using light at night.Putting a window in for ventilation
how do I adjust humidity?
how long generally is a grow? How many months from seedling to harvest?
Plants can take heat but they need lots of water. Ive grown in a greenhouse that regularly got to over 50c in the middle of the day. Veg will be fine but flower don't like high temps!
I'm also about to do a flower run right through the middle of summer but it's a lot cooler where I am!
Anyway it's possible but they won't be as good as they will be in winter in SEQ
A humidifier is the easiest but you can just put some large saucers of water on the floor.
Most of my grows are between 16 to 20 weeks

Plants can take heat but they need lots of water. Ive grown in a greenhouse that regularly got to over 50c in the middle of the day. Veg will be fine but flower don't like high temps!
I'm also about to do a flower run right through the middle of summer but it's a lot cooler where I am!
Anyway it's possible but they won't be as good as they will be in winter in SEQ
A humidifier is the easiest but you can just put some large saucers of water on the floor.
Most of my grows are between 16 to 20 weeks
Yeah I’ve done outdoor grows that have easily handled 45° days. I just water morning and nightfall in those days.
never had an issue with outdoor grows except mould in February, nosey neighbours and moths.
Starting to think I should have just stuck with the outdoor grows.
Most are saying the shed in the sun will see the whole thing fail. Spent over $1000 on gear…..seeds aren’t easliy Germination as the usually do. It’s all starting to do my head in.
I always thought hydro grows were quicker than outdoor grows. Looks like I started late and it’ll be a few long weed free months till my first indoor harvest.

I will try the water on the floor. What humidity level is ideal?

Yeah I’ve done outdoor grows that have easily handled 45° days. I just water morning and nightfall in those days.
never had an issue with outdoor grows except mould in February, nosey neighbours and moths.
Starting to think I should have just stuck with the outdoor grows.
Most are saying the shed in the sun will see the whole thing fail. Spent over $1000 on gear…..seeds aren’t easliy Germination as the usually do. It’s all starting to do my head in.
I always thought hydro grows were quicker than outdoor grows. Looks like I started late and it’ll be a few long weed free months till my first indoor harvest.

I will try the water on the floor. What humidity level is ideal?
You can go 12/12 from seed and cut the grow length to 12 to 14 weeks but that's no veg time!
Plants will be small.
Hydro is quicker but it's not buds in 2 weeks.

I like 70% plus for veg

Day 9 under lights
both are growing it seems.
IMG_4457.jpeg

Been 30° most of the day here and tent temperature is at 28° so not too bad
Put a big tray of water in the tent but can’t get humidity above 50%

When to start nutrients? Is a seedling too early to start adding nutes?
would think the premium potting mix would have enough nutes at this stage.

What would cause this? Did I not plan the seed deep enough?
IMG_4487.jpeg

Have staked it for now
IMG_4488.jpeg

Another question…….surely they will need to be put in a bigger pot at some stage.
what size pot do you guys recommend? Don’t want to loose too much grow height room.
IMG_4489.jpeg

Might've just wanted a bit more light during it's first few days above ground so got a bit leggy.
But judging by the look of the others I'd say they're getting an adequate amount now.
The stake should help and you can always bury part of the stem when you transplant if you'd like.
I like 3 gallon fabric containers. I think you could probably fit three in there without issues.

Might've just wanted a bit more light during it's first few days above ground so got a bit leggy.
But judging by the look of the others I'd say they're getting an adequate amount now.
The stake should help and you can always bury part of the stem when you transplant if you'd like.
I like 3 gallon fabric containers. I think you could probably fit three in there without issues.
my tent kit came with four 5 gallon grow bags……what’s the benefit of a grow bag over a pot?

my tent kit came with four 5 gallon grow bags……what’s the benefit of a grow bag over a pot?

they provide extra oxygen to the root system, which they love.
the roots can air prune themselves when they get to the edges
so they end up getting less root bound over time too.
i've been able to grow some fairly large plants even in small containers.

they provide extra oxygen to the root system, which they love.
the roots can air prune themselves when they get to the edges
so they end up getting less root bound over time too.
i've been able to grow some fairly large plants even in small containers.
Well I think I’ll definitely give the bags a go. Should still be ok to LST them in the bag.
Been reading about manifold LST, so that should cut the end height down and help spread the canopy

What’s a good indicator for the veg switch from seedling?
Veg switch on the light? Or just deciding when the plant is in veg rather than a seedling?

I just count days from sprout for veg time. The number of actual days is really meaningless since when to flower depends on how big they are. A manifold can take months to work into shape before flip, where simple top and train would allow for a shorter veg.

Veg switch on the light? Or just deciding when the plant is in veg rather than a seedling?

I just count days from sprout for veg time. The number of actual days is really meaningless since when to flower depends on how big they are. A manifold can take months to work into shape before flip, where simple top and train would allow for a shorter veg.
Yeah more wondering when to switch to veg?
Think I’ll stick to top and train this time till I have enough time for manifold. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Back
Top Bottom