GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

good pic what happened? Lol! looking good sorry i can't help with your questions
Time happened, con! She thought she was going to stare me down. :)

CL looks terrific so :welldone: on that turnaround!

Not sure on the Dots thing but to this:

I want to add that the SWICK aspect is also a new variable.
True 'dat Shed. But I don't even know how to factor that in! And, she's been off the swick for nearly 21 days. 🤔

You must know your assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've already got an internal kerfuffle going on just about how to get them in the ground!
I'm not a lot of help there- I don't do anything special to 'em, light-wise- I just put them out there and let them figure it out....I've only had one of them flower early, and that one was a little bag seed male that may have been an auto anyhow...
But, when the Dots fade away plants tend to go south quickly.
They dependably run out of gas around day 60 in a ProMix SIP...that's really unusual that they seem to last longer in coco...I guess you'll find out how much longer?

the Cosmic Lights has blinked!
She's like ...."so, fill me in- what'd I miss??"🥱

I'm not a lot of help there- I don't do anything special to 'em, light-wise- I just put them out there and let them figure it out....
Hearing that is extremely helpful Carcass! I suspect that I've been doing a bit of overthinking about this. :straightface:
They dependably run out of gas around day 60 in a ProMix SIP...that's really unusual that they seem to last longer in coco...I guess you'll find out how much longer?
Then they should behave the same way in coco. I'll put your seeds of doubt right next to mine!
She's like ...."so, fill me in- what'd I miss??"🥱
And that's when she got cussed out! 😁

I suspect that I've been doing a bit of overthinking about this. :straightface:
Or, I've been under thinking it...there is a chance they may flower early..but I'm betting/hoping they won't...🤞

@Bode 's method looks like a great way to do it- it covers all the bases...👍

Or, I've been under thinking it...there is a chance they may flower early..but I'm betting/hoping they won't...🤞

@Bode 's method looks like a great way to do it- it covers all the bases...👍
One thing is certain, what you can get away with on the west coast is a bit different than what I can do on the opposite side of the country! :Rasta:

Hello all.

There once was a man who could hardly ever decide
Soak cucumbers in vinegar or buy a pickle?
He'd fret over this choice time and again
His name was Mr. Fickle.

---------------------------------

I'm still trying to formulate Phase II plans. However, the CL's recent movement has me thinking of a new direction.

I think I'm going to take some cuttings from the CL and then she will be the one I take to my buddy to be grown outdoors. (That is assuming I can get some clones [or a clone] to strike prior to the time for the move.)

Since this is a somewhat "edgy" experiment for both of us, I feel better about starting a larger plant outside rather than one of my babies. Plus, the babies have given me no problems, while the CL has been quite obstinate. If any of them "deserves" to be the subject of an edgy experiment, it's the CL!

So these will all stay at home:
NT P2 2-22-24 D22 (1).jpg

NT P2 2-22-24 D22 (2).jpg

And Blinky will go offsite:
CL 4-22-24 D62.jpg

--------------------------

You may notice that I had to "book" one of the Phase II babies. The Godberry (middle) is staying way short while the Fat Kid's Cakes are moving up. A few days ago the tallest FKC started to buckle under the intensity of the light. She was getting too close to it. So I had to raise the light and notch up the intensity a bit in order to keep the FKCs happy. So the GB needed to be elevated by two books (and she could probably use a third) so that all will be at roughly 32 DLI.

---------------------------

So anyway, that's my current "plan." If anyone has an opinion about this please feel free to bite the pickle, and send a note to Mr. Fickle.

My mind is made up about this...I think. :)

Thanks for your time.

PEACE

Hello all.

There once was a man who could hardly ever decide
Soak cucumbers in vinegar or buy a pickle?
He'd fret over this choice time and again
His name was Mr. Fickle.

---------------------------------

I'm still trying to formulate Phase II plans. However, the CL's recent movement has me thinking of a new direction.

I think I'm going to take some cuttings from the CL and then she will be the one I take to my buddy to be grown outdoors. (That is assuming I can get some clones [or a clone] to strike prior to the time for the move.)

Since this is a somewhat "edgy" experiment for both of us, I feel better about starting a larger plant outside rather than one of my babies. Plus, the babies have given me no problems, while the CL has been quite obstinate. If any of them "deserves" to be the subject of an edgy experiment, it's the CL!

So these will all stay at home:
NT P2 2-22-24 D22 (1).jpg

NT P2 2-22-24 D22 (2).jpg

And Blinky will go offsite:
CL 4-22-24 D62.jpg

--------------------------

You may notice that I had to "book" one of the Phase II babies. The Godberry (middle) is staying way short while the Fat Kid's Cakes are moving up. A few days ago the tallest FKC started to buckle under the intensity of the light. She was getting too close to it. So I had to raise the light and notch up the intensity a bit in order to keep the FKCs happy. So the GB needed to be elevated by two books (and she could probably use a third) so that all will be at roughly 32 DLI.

---------------------------

So anyway, that's my current "plan." If anyone has an opinion about this please feel free to bite the pickle and send a note to Mr. Fickle.

My mind is made up about this...I think. :)

Thanks for your time.

PEACE
sounds like a solid plan, vinager & cucumbers ftw

The sun is out for almost 15 hours today, and getting longer. I don't think they'll go into flower like that! Happy Smokin'

I always do that with my pickles,,,, So without going backwards to read Yer going to take a plant that has veg'ed for 2 months / and put it outside to see what happens ?! That will be a long veg time by the time fall gets here ....... Hell I am no pain No gain !! :slide:
It will be about 14 weeks of veg by the time she's in the ground. But her growth (and development) has been slow.

GDB ,don't overthink or sweat the outdoors thing, you'll do FINE!
Its the same as indoor growing but different😕 does that help??🤣🤣🤣
Outdoor growing is just like indoor growing just on steroids and no CONTROL of the environment Pathogens or Plant eating bugs!
.. Things can get away from you QUICK if you don't watch so just be up on your IPM's and trimming to keep the pathogens at bay and pick a sunny spot and life will be good!
Sounds like alot of road trips for GDB this summer but itll be worth it! ✌️

If you put it outside, it will go to flower naturally. I start my plants inside and put them outside to finish veg and go to flower. 🍋
For sure, if all goes well and when the stars align! :Rasta:

And Memorial day is a WINNER for sticking them outside just try to harden them off a little before you do, you know put them out on a warm day and bring them back in under the light just make a separate spot for the ones if space permits that went out so you don't mix them with your indoor stock in case of any unwanted guests hook a ride✌️

The sun is out for almost 15 hours today, and getting longer. I don't think they'll go inBto flower like that! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode. But today is not a concern. I'm trying to get her outside by the end of May. :Rasta:

GDB ,don't overthink or sweat the outdoors thing, you'll do FINE!
Its the same as indoor growing but different😕 does that help??🤣🤣🤣
Outdoor growing is just like indoor growing just on steroids and no CONTROL of the environment Pathogens or Plant eating bugs!
.. Things can get away from you QUICK if you don't watch so just be up on your IPM's and trimming to keep the pathogens at bay and pick a sunny spot and life will be good!
Sounds like alot of road trips for GDB this summer but itll be worth it! ✌️
Thanks SOG!

The bug issues you raise are those that bother me the most. That's why I'm gonna' let my buddy deal with them!:)

Back
Top Bottom