GDP First Time Grower

BobHasBurgers

First time grower attempting to finish first plant ever! A few details that may help others assess my current first grow. Originally had 2 plants in this tent but discovered the gifted Revolver seed was an Auto and moved to separate tent. This left me with the scrogged one plant currently in tent. Plant is Grand Daddy Purple grown from seed (seed bank based in California). Did some late LST as I learned about it as I went! Thought I knew more than I actually do! So I scrambled to regain some control of the plant with stretchy trellis netting. Today is day 72 and wondering how much longer this plant appears to need.

10-20-21 - Seed germinated and planted in party cup.

Transplanted 3 times between solo party cup, 1 Gal, 3 Gal, and 7 Gal. plastic pots.

Used Botanicare Products:

* Pure Blend Pro (Veg)
* Cal-Mag (Veg)
* Silica Blast (Veg)
* Great White Mycorrhizae
* Pure Blend Pro Bloom Formula (Bloom)
* Cannazym and Canna Boost (Bloom)
* Ph adjusted RO water
* Soil includes Hydrofarm Light Warrior Soilless Mix for clones and seedlings
* Fox Farm Ocean Forest and worm castings for all other potted plant stages.

General equipment:

* Lighting: Spider Farmer S2000
* 2x4x6 grow tent
* AC Infinity Air Fan and Filter
* CO2 tank with solenoid valve and Autopilot meter aiming for (1200 ppm)

IMG_8637.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

First time grower attempting to finish first plant ever! A few details that may help others assess my current first grow. Originally had 2 plants in this tent but discovered the gifted Revolver seed was an Auto and moved to separate tent. This left me with the scrogged one plant currently in tent. Plant is Grand Daddy Purple grown from seed (seed bank based in California). Did some late LST as I learned about it as I went! Thought I knew more than I actually do! So I scrambled to regain some control of the plant with stretchy trellis netting. Today is day 72 and wondering how much longer this plant appears to need.

10-20-21 - Seed germinated and planted in party cup.

Transplanted 3 times between solo party cup, 1 Gal, 3 Gal, and 7 Gal. plastic pots.

Used Botanicare Products:

* Pure Blend Pro (Veg)
* Cal-Mag (Veg)
* Silica Blast (Veg)
* Great White Mycorrhizae
* Pure Blend Pro Bloom Formula (Bloom)
* Cannazym and Canna Boost (Bloom)
* Ph adjusted RO water
* Soil includes Hydrofarm Light Warrior Soilless Mix for clones and seedlings
* Fox Farm Ocean Forest and worm castings for all other potted plant stages.

General equipment:

* Lighting: Spider Farmer S2000
* 2x4x6 grow tent
* AC Infinity Air Fan and Filter
* CO2 tank with solenoid valve and Autopilot meter aiming for (1200 ppm)

IMG_8637.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg
Good day @BobHasBurgers welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Beautiful garden. :thumb: Great screen name.
Your close but patience will help here.
I'd say within 2 weeks.
What you want is all your white pistols to turn red and crinkle in.
That means she is finished flowering and building for you.
Then check tric 's, do you have a loop or scope?
Clear / cloudy trics give an energetic feeling.
Cloudy / amber give a more relaxed feeling.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

Oh! Southerncough, this here sounds like one of the best ideas since planting the seed. Snipping a small bud from bottom today and will dry for a couple of days just to sample smoke.
It'll taste harsh but you'll get a sense of how the buzz is.
Some folks like to let them bloom an extra week or two and get a more sedative effect, some like to chop a little early, etc. I personally don't like to let the trichs go too amber because the effect leaves me a little foggy and groggy the next day, but to each their own

102 days from seed germination, I cut down this beautiful plant. Following behind her are 9 of her potential GDP clones. Determined this the best time to cut based on fellow growers average consensus, actual plant age, visual appearance as it progressed, and finally 30%+ ambler trichome development. I cut plant into 6 main sections. Two pieces per hanger and into a 2x2x48 tent. After a full day, hygrometer reads 47RH & 75% F. Will dry for 10-12 days? Snap test will tell. Wide mouth large Ball curing jars are ready :)
I have no idea what this one plant will yield but once dried and cured I'll follow up with weigh in! No matter the outcome, I'm already very pleased and lucky to get it this far man.

I've improved lighting for current grow with a second spider farmer light to veg tent for combined pulling 300W in 4x2x60

Updates soon!
IMG_9961.jpg
IMG_9951.jpg
IMG_9952.jpg
IMG_9954.jpg
IMG_9955.jpg
IMG_9959.jpg

Dry tent coming along OK? I guess. Day 4 of drying and still spongy. All of it smelling like hay? Yeah, more on the hay side. This is not smelling anything like any sort of weed. WTF!?! Hmm...

IMG_9979.jpg
That's the chlorophyll breaking down you smell.
Give her some time she will show her true aroma. :thumb:
Hope you are having a good day Bob.

Stay safe
Bill

Good to know! Was nearing the panic button as it smelled much nicer when live and even the leaves when touched left a heavenly strong weed smell.
Give it some time, don't panic Amigo.
Once it's broken down the chlorophyll the pot smell won't be washed out.
Your doing good. :thumb:
Just monitor temps and rh.
With minimal air flow, Minimal.

Stay safe
Bill

On subject of drying tent RH, who uses a controller to maintain RH when away for a few hours?
I have a couple of these Airfare units at home but this unit doesn't seem to be a set it and forget it type humidifier. The remote shows it would be but I've tried and it sits there doing nothing after it shuts off and I'm watching a hygrometer show humidity dropping back down to general 40% range. So I return to it several times a day to crank it back on! Oy vey! Man, the racket involved. And can you believe I'm going to do this shit all over again because I really want to! And do it better!
But back to the RH incident, this is an area that I need to focus on for now and improve on for next grow. What is everyone else doing to maintain that sweet spot RH during the drying period inside a grow tent?

Aircare.jpeg

A couple of hours into the adjustment and I'm maintaining steady 53-55RH. Had to rig the setup with open intake on side of tent and humidifier on floor and set on lowest setting while aimed at intake with circulating carbon filter fan on medium. The one gallon humidifier can go all day. Will check hourly to make sure it doesn't go higher but last couple of hours have been a pretty good indicator until next stage of improvement. Will be sealing off this little closet that holds drying tent and raising closet room RH to 55-60% during drying. I found the intake is enough to raise RH to 50-55%.

IMG_9996.JPG

Back
Top Bottom