GR's RDWC, Flow & Grow, 6 Plants: May Need Some Assistance Here!

gr865

My first true Hydroponic grow. Been growing in Coco/Perlite for aver 8 years now.
Got a hell of a deal on an Active Aqua Flow & Grow 6 pot setup. I just love my hydro guy, he beat every price I could find on line by over $175, plus he gave me a shit load of freebies, a domed starter kit, 25 feet of 3/4' hose, a quart bottle of Hydro-guard, and a big discount on the two - 50 liter bags of Hydroton. Got to love this person.
OK, here is the start of GR's RDWC Flow & Grow! Got 7 Gorilla Cookies Auto's germinating now, plan on planting early this coming week in 1.5" rockwool cubes, once germinated will let the get good roots and in the 3 to 5 leaf stage before I put them in RDWC system.
20220623_110440.jpg

Everything all hooked up
and tested for leaks, none noted.
20220625_085701.jpg

Expanded clay pellets put into the grow containers and those containers sat in the fill container. I triple rinsed and drained the pellets then put them in a large container filled with RO water and containing 0.9 ml/gallon of GH Flora Grow, Micro and Bloom and pH'ed. Let that sit over night then rinsed them again prior to putting them in the grow pots.
20220625_111344.jpg

The 55 gallon reservoir, with 36 gallon of pH'ed RO water.
20220625_111540.jpg

Now we wait for the young ones and let's see how this grow goes. Yall jump in and give advice as you see fit, this is new to me so I am asking for help.
Will move to a journal soon.

My brain itches (or maybe it's termites ;) ).

Coco and perlite are hydroponic media, so I chuckled from the one statement following on the heels of the other.

Coco and perlite are hydroponic media, so I chuckled from the one statement following on the heels of the other.
Yes I do understand that but it never really feels like Hydro. Maybe it's the water only and the recirculation, did not have that with C/P grows. LOL
Your brain is similar to mine, it has wood also. :bongrip:

I was just corrected on another site.
Was told I was not running RDWC, which I guess is true, I am running more of an Ebb and Flow system.
I stand corrected.

Was sent this info, now I am really confused! But whatever I am running, I like it. LOL

One of those live and learn moments!
Yesterday morning when I went out to check the continuing test on the system and the shop was wet, first thought was to look in the tent, no water there, then I looked over to the reservoir and saw that the lid was not on like normal. I got a predrilled lid that did not match my reservoir Yesterday evening when I pH the test water I had move the lid aside and did not get it back on the barrel correctly.
I have since switched out the lid with the proper one, drilled the holes and switched out the hardware for that lid.
Overall no real damage done, just a lot of cleanup and drying the shop out. I have sprouting seeds in the dome and they should go in the tent within the next week or so.
I removed the inner pots with the Hydroton to the back porch, raised the tent about a foot off the ground turned on all the fans I have to dry the shop out. Have begun filling the rez with RO water and should finish filling today.
I hope to have everything ready for the sprouting seeds by the end of the day.

One of those live and learn moments!
Yesterday morning when I went out to check the continuing test on the system and the shop was wet, first thought was to look in the tent, no water there, then I looked over to the reservoir and saw that the lid was not on like normal. I got a predrilled lid that did not match my reservoir Yesterday evening when I pH the test water I had move the lid aside and did not get it back on the barrel correctly.
I have since switched out the lid with the proper one, drilled the holes and switched out the hardware for that lid.
Overall no real damage done, just a lot of cleanup and drying the shop out. I have sprouting seeds in the dome and they should go in the tent within the next week or so.
I removed the inner pots with the Hydroton to the back porch, raised the tent about a foot off the ground turned on all the fans I have to dry the shop out. Have begun filling the rez with RO water and should finish filling today.
I hope to have everything ready for the sprouting seeds by the end of the day.
Well I still haven't congratulated you on that spectacular harvest and here we are, Feken Wow.:yahoo:
Go big or go home, I love it.
Get the mop out and be more careful. :rofl:
That's a big barrel don't flood the place.
I can't wait to see the action, hope it's another one of your fantastic grows.:thumb:
Hope your doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Well I still haven't congratulated you on that spectacular harvest and here we are, Feken Wow.:yahoo:
Go big or go home, I love it.
Get the mop out and be more careful. :rofl:
That's a big barrel don't flood the place.
I can't wait to see the action, hope it's another one of your fantastic grows.:thumb:
Hope your doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

The little ladies are still under the dome, no roots coming from the rockwool blocks as of yet.
I germinated 8 plants but after seven days only 4 plants have emerged. Giving them a couple more days but also starting a few more seeds hopefully to get a total of 6 plants for the grow.
I purchased a Automated pH Regulator from Torus Hydro, added it to the rez yesterday and so far it does not seem to stabilizing the pH. Going to give it time. May start the seeds in a small cup of coco then when the plants are ready for the system wash the roots before I add it.

Sorry I had to abandon this thread.
Will be back with new journal soon.
What happened, are you ok?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

What happened, are you ok?

Stay safe

Bill, I am doing ok, have next surgery early next month.
I should not have started this grow until I was done with all the medical BS.
Had very low germination rate and success starting the plants in Rockwool cubes, mainly my fault for not paying as much attention to them as I should. I did get a total of 4 plants to make it out of 13 seeds, so and expensive failure. They have taken three plus weeks to finely begin establishing a root system. So I have basically lost about 4 weeks on auto's that say they should be ready in 10 weeks.
Going to finish this run then wait until after Thanksgiving to start another grow. If all goes well surgery wise and this grow wise I may try and start the next grow before Thanksgiving.
It seems the Torus XpH Regulator is working now, pH is holding fairly steady, as of the rez change last Thursday that the pH is holding at 5.75 to 6.15, yesterday is was down to 5.75 so I added a ml of pH up and that took it to 5.85. This morning it was 5.79 so will continue to monitor it, but so far I am pleased with the regulator. Here is where I am on 7/24.
20220724_082546.jpg
20220724_082555.jpg
20220724_082640.jpg
20220724_082648.jpg

Hand watered them, here they were on 7/20 so the roots have reached the solution level set for the pots.
20220720_181802.jpg
20220720_181831.jpg

20220720_181843.jpg

20220720_181855.jpg

Bill, I am doing ok, have next surgery early next month.
I should not have started this grow until I was done with all the medical BS.
Had very low germination rate and success starting the plants in Rockwool cubes, mainly my fault for not paying as much attention to them as I should. I did get a total of 4 plants to make it out of 13 seeds, so and expensive failure. They have taken three plus weeks to finely begin establishing a root system. So I have basically lost about 4 weeks on auto's that say they should be ready in 10 weeks.
Going to finish this run then wait until after Thanksgiving to start another grow. If all goes well surgery wise and this grow wise I may try and start the next grow before Thanksgiving.
It seems the Torus XpH Regulator is working now, pH is holding fairly steady, as of the rez change last Thursday that the pH is holding at 5.75 to 6.15, yesterday is was down to 5.75 so I added a ml of pH up and that took it to 5.85. This morning it was 5.79 so will continue to monitor it, but so far I am pleased with the regulator. Here is where I am on 7/24.
20220724_082546.jpg
20220724_082555.jpg
20220724_082640.jpg
20220724_082648.jpg

Hand watered them, here they were on 7/20 so the roots have reached the solution level set for the pots.
20220720_181802.jpg
20220720_181831.jpg

20220720_181843.jpg

20220720_181855.jpg
Hope the surgery goes well and your OK. :thumb:

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom