Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue

Damn, I didn't realize it was so long since I updated this? The plants have been growing slow I guess. They are are starting to stand tall, but I hate when seedlings don't get thick main stems right away. IDK, it always makes me suspect "damping". Still, I'll play it slow and err on the dryer side of the wetness spectrum to let that stem wooden up some. They all have adequate lighting from a pair of 6500k LED bulbs as well as a 4000k QB really close by. I'm feeding them a watered down veg mix that I have my larger plants eating. In fairness, it's a new feed regimen I am experimenting with to try to grow high brix cannabis in hydro, but generally, it has all the basics for good veg, balanced micros, moderate N and Ca and medium to high K.

3 weeks old about (since 4/11)

1.jpg
2.jpg

Those are really stretching, I see whatchu mean. At the Shed we was talking bout doing transplanting deeper so stems have support. Can you do something like that?

I actually did when putting them into solo cups. The light is only about a foot above. I'll just keep withholding the drench and as soon as the roots get going, good growth will happen up top..

Hey Sky! Pulling up a chair in the back here. Won't be able to offer any help since I'm a lazy kit grower just following the directions of that method but I sure do hope you can achieve the higher brix levels you're shooting for!

:passitleft:

Hey man, welcome aboard. We all start off the same way. The best thing for new growers to do is link up with a group of more experienced growers that are producing well in similar environments and follow their lead. The following step to that is to master what they're doing all while learning every other thing ya can. Eventually the materials become less intimidating and your confidence, knowledge and wisdom grow as your skill levels advance, then you eventually reach the point where you want to put your own tweaks. My mentor used to grill me about fuckin with shit when I first got going. He was no Doc Bud, that's for sure, but he had a pretty good setup and several others that were following his lead, so I had other sources of input and we had our own small community. @Pennywise may recall the term "Capn Style". I still to this day use that method (top feed into potted rock wool), except the Capn taught me using GH nutes. I spent years trying to master that stuff, but I only ever got pretty close with it.

I too hope I achieve high brix, but will easily forgive myself if it's just too ambitious of a goal, but it is a direction I was heading anyways, at least I'm convinced I was. I presume I will know much more about whether I can be successful or not by the time these Gorilla Glues and one Em Dog get to the next sized pot. Fingers crossed, right?

I'd wish you good luck in your grow, but come on, you're in Doc's kit, the luck has already been taken care of! Speaking of which, let me sub to yours as well!

Speaking of which, let me sub to yours as well!

After some trolling, I noticed your journals are complete, so tag me in your next one when ya make one.

Thanks Sky! I'm kinda using the one in my Sig for now. Don't really want to start a journal because I'm not sure what's gonna happen with this crew. Was gonna throw an outside but now am thinking of doing a few inside.

:passitleft:

Their vigor is starting to gain as the cotyledons begin to wither. The base stems are still a bit thin for my liking, but I adjusted the fans such that they get a little more breeze plus I'm feeding veg nutes with silica that will make for better flexibility and cell divisions, I am also always researching and updating my feed regimen, so by the time these kiddos come into their own and dominate my meager veg closet, I should be more advanced than I am now. Lots more organics coming, plus a new (to me) substance that is an active ingredient of some very successful bloom boosters called Triacontanol. Triacontanol is a bit of a secret ingredient that is very difficult to make dissolve in water as it must first be blended with polysorbate. but once properly blended, can be added to a foliar spray for infrequent use. Not that the Glue needs the yield bump, but the Em Dog (Chem/OG) just might. My experience with growing OG is not good. The smoke is great and all, but the yield was poor by my standard, so my hope is that this substance will increase the Em Dog yield to that which the Glue normally would be. I can't wait to see what it could do to a glue which I understand is supposed to yield very well on it's own with just the basics.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

That's what I dislike about seedlings, is waiting for the cotyledons to wither and release the plant into my care. I need that silica to start coursing through their phloems, lol.

Some phenos are starting to express. 1 is the tallest, 2 has the tightest node spacing but is the shortest, 3 looks to be plain, kinda a bit of each, though 2 looks to be growing slowest, I'll have to inspect the roots. The Em Dog looks to be doing well also which is great seeing as I only have the one. My thought is to give each strain it's own room and try to juggle 3. That looks so easy on paper, but trust me, I'll find a way to F that up!

3 glues.jpg
4 top down.jpg
all 4.jpg

I personally like the runt for the tight node spacing and the slightly darker green leaves., and of course the Em Dog, but there's a bit of hype with it being half Chem and half OG. But the glues, I like the runt, but I'm definitely going to have to flower the tallest first because whoever is the biggest in about 3 1/2 weeks is getting sent to bloom. My veg closet is about half the size of one of my 3 bloom rooms, so it's difficult to keep a good routine that supplies robust enough plants for bloom every 3 weeks, while also taking enough clones, yada yada yada. I hope I can get a clone off whoever I send in first. It'll be close.

I personally like the runt for the tight node spacing and the slightly darker green leaves., and of course the Em Dog, but there's a bit of hype with it being half Chem and half OG. But the glues, I like the runt, but I'm definitely going to have to flower the tallest first because whoever is the biggest in about 3 1/2 weeks is getting sent to bloom. My veg closet is about half the size of one of my 3 bloom rooms, so it's difficult to keep a good routine that supplies robust enough plants for bloom every 3 weeks, while also taking enough clones, yada yada yada. I hope I can get a clone off whoever I send in first. It'll be close.
My OG says it’s chem dawg x Hindu Kush, 55stavia/45indica . Got these from choice seeds.

Em Dog is a Humbolt. I literally bought "a" seed, LMFAO. I'm also experimenting with a hormone that is alleged to significantly increase almost every stat, root mass, branch count and thickness, flower sites and density, so I'm confident I won't have to suffer OG yields. I doubt I'll put any hormone on the glues, at least for the first round. If what I read about the strain is semi accurate, I should be able to get 20 ounces of each w/o any added help, but my experience with OG Kush was not great. I avg 16 zips per plant, but with the Kush, I averaged 6-14.5 zips and I ran that for about 12 rounds. Great taste and stone, but the yield just wasn't in that bean.

Em Dog is a Humbolt. I literally bought "a" seed, LMFAO. I'm also experimenting with a hormone that is alleged to significantly increase almost every stat, root mass, branch count and thickness, flower sites and density, so I'm confident I won't have to suffer OG yields. I doubt I'll put any hormone on the glues, at least for the first round. If what I read about the strain is semi accurate, I should be able to get 20 ounces of each w/o any added help, but my experience with OG Kush was not great. I avg 16 zips per plant, but with the Kush, I averaged 6-14.5 zips and I ran that for about 12 rounds. Great taste and stone, but the yield just wasn't in that bean.
I’m shooting for 1000 g out of a 5’x5’x7’ . Took the led down and put up 1000 watt mh/hps that has a 6’x6’ footprint. The Kind k5 750 watt and just one plant (OG) loved the light at 19 zips ! Bought 20 regular OG seeds from msnl only two females is why just one plant went in tent at a time . Started 10 seeds each time .

19 zips from an OG, I'm jealous! Would it even be fair if I resurrected OG and shot her full of roids? I tried hard as hell, but she just kept failing me over and over and my dumb ass didn't have any other strains growing so I had to suck it up and deal with the shitty harvests. Then till now I refused all low yielding strains, but now I have hormones and can likely change all of the rules. We'll see how the Em Dog finishes.

19 zips from an OG, I'm jealous! Would it even be fair if I resurrected OG and shot her full of roids? I tried hard as hell, but she just kept failing me over and over and my dumb ass didn't have any other strains growing so I had to suck it up and deal with the shitty harvests. Then till now I refused all low yielding strains, but now I have hormones and can likely change all of the rules. We'll see how the Em Dog finishes.
I’m gonna keep an eye on your Em Dog to like checking out all the different strains.

Back
Top Bottom