High humidity issue

Virandell

Hi everybody I have a issue with high humidity it's my 3rd grow exactly the same setup and the rh is 75% at the start of flowering when I open windows is going down to 70% it's not bad for now but I am abit worried at later flowering stage. Any recommendations how to get it down without dehumidifier? It's 2x2 tent in my bedroom I am living in UK so it's quite humid there anyway.
I have open window in my room all the time that seems help abit.
Heating in the room is off aswell as I think it's more humid then.
Anything else what I can do ?
Or I shouldn't be worry about 70% 75%rh at later stage of flower as I have a plenty of air coming from inline fan and clip fan mixing the air all the time?
Sorry for my English guys

Hi everybody I have a issue with high humidity it's my 3rd grow exactly the same setup and the rh is 75% at the start of flowering when I open windows is going down to 70% it's not bad for now but I am abit worried at later flowering stage. Any recommendations how to get it down without dehumidifier? It's 2x2 tent in my bedroom I am living in UK so it's quite humid there anyway.
I have open window in my room all the time that seems help abit.
Heating in the room is off aswell as I think it's more humid then.
Anything else what I can do ?
Or I shouldn't be worry about 70% 75%rh at later stage of flower as I have a plenty of air coming from inline fan and clip fan mixing the air all the time?
Sorry for my English guys

Opening the window will only help if it's dry out, if its rainy and humid you may be making it worse. Make sure you don't have standing water in the tent, a bucket of water will increase rh. What size is your inline fan? You definitely want to get those numbers down a bit in flower.

Opening the window will only help if it's dry out, if its rainy and humid you may be making it worse. Make sure you don't have standing water in the tent, a bucket of water will increase rh. What size is your inline fan? You definitely want to get those numbers down a bit in flower.
I have 4" fan for 2x2 tent it's 180m3/h and I have 1 6" clip fan, maybe I should buy another clip fan then would be even better air circulation ?

If you are already moving enough air, try to run your lights during the most humid time. A/C unit should help drop it also. I fight humidity and had to go to a dehumidifier.
I have 1 6" clip fan maybe I should buy another one would be better air circulation and would prevent mould even with 70% ? Also my exhaust fan is 4" (180m3) so more than enough in 2x2 tent

For now 54% but sometimes even 65%

Not crazy high but not low. Keep in mind that your tent "breathes" in air from the area that it's in, you'll sometimes hear the term "lung room"...that's what it's referring to. If the humidity in your apartment is between 54%-65%, the humidity in your tent likely won't ever be below that.

I think the humidity in your apartment is high, and then you add in a small enclosed space with some plants and that's a recipe for some high humidity. Obvious solution is a dehumidifier, there are decent ones that won't break the bank. There are some natural ways to lower humidity (rock salt, charcoal), but I'm not sure the effect on you and the plants, plus the costs of buying those materials would be better used towards a dehumidifier in my opinion. I lost a whole grow to mold because of humidity and it was the saddest day ever, try to get on top of it as soon as you can.

Not crazy high but not low. Keep in mind that your tent "breathes" in air from the area that it's in, you'll sometimes hear the term "lung room"...that's what it's referring to. If the humidity in your apartment is between 54%-65%, the humidity in your tent likely won't ever be below that.

I think the humidity in your apartment is high, and then you add in a small enclosed space with some plants and that's a recipe for some high humidity. Obvious solution is a dehumidifier, there are decent ones that won't break the bank. There are some natural ways to lower humidity (rock salt, charcoal), but I'm not sure the effect on you and the plants, plus the costs of buying those materials would be better used towards a dehumidifier in my opinion. I lost a whole grow to mold because of humidity and it was the saddest day ever, try to get on top of it as soon as you can.
Fuck I will be thinking about dehumidifier I am living in UK so it's quite humid there

Fuck I will be thinking about dehumidifier I am living in UK so it's quite humid there

Just looking at some quickly on Amazon, I would say avoid the small ones that are about $40 USD. I doubt they do much and even if they do, you'd need to empty them out every few hours. There is one with good reviews called "HHSUC Dehumidifier 70oz Water Tank Mini Electric Dehumidifiers for Bedroom Ultra Quiet and Auto Shut Off for Home Bathroom Basements Kitchen (up to 269 sq ft)" and it seems like a good middle of the road unit. If you can afford it now, I'd pony up the extra money and get one like the "Frigidaire High 70 Pints-Per-Day Portable Dehumidifier with SpaceWise Design for Effective and Efficient Moisture Control, FAD704DWD". By spending an extra $100 or so, you're getting a MUCH better unit.

The Frigidaire claims to be suitable for rooms 3000-4500 sq feet so it may be a bit of overkill depending on the total size of your apartment, but it does come in smaller sizes as well.

Just looking at some quickly on Amazon, I would say avoid the small ones that are about $40 USD. I doubt they do much and even if they do, you'd need to empty them out every few hours. There is one with good reviews called "HHSUC Dehumidifier 70oz Water Tank Mini Electric Dehumidifiers for Bedroom Ultra Quiet and Auto Shut Off for Home Bathroom Basements Kitchen (up to 269 sq ft)" and it seems like a good middle of the road unit. If you can afford it now, I'd pony up the extra money and get one like the "Frigidaire High 70 Pints-Per-Day Portable Dehumidifier with SpaceWise Design for Effective and Efficient Moisture Control, FAD704DWD". By spending an extra $100 or so, you're getting a MUCH better unit.

The Frigidaire claims to be suitable for rooms 3000-4500 sq feet so it may be a bit of overkill depending on the total size of your apartment, but it does come in smaller sizes as well.
Thanks alot for that buddy appreciate it I will have a look now hope you will have big buds :D
Peace

Thanks alot for that buddy appreciate it I will have a look now hope you will have big buds :D
Peace

Anytime man, all I hope is that no one repeats the same mistakes I've made. Humidity can be tough but it's definitely important to have dialed-in. I recently got an AC Infinity inline fan that has a temp/humidity controller so I can set the fan to keep it in the range I want but even that wouldn't help if overall humidity in the lung room was too high. Good luck! :)

I just crank up my carbon scrubber fan and open up the bottom vents on my tent.

Anytime man, all I hope is that no one repeats the same mistakes I've made. Humidity can be tough but it's definitely important to have dialed-in. I recently got an AC Infinity inline fan that has a temp/humidity controller so I can set the fan to keep it in the range I want but even that wouldn't help if overall humidity in the lung room was too high. Good luck! :)
I see them AC infity they looking cool af :D i am living in UK so it's quite humid there anyway I try have windows all the time open that seems to help also heating in my room is off when is on I feel like it's more humid in my room

I just crank up my carbon scrubber fan and open up the bottom vents on my tent.
I just opened my second bottom vent before I had only one open, I ordered new hygrometer just incase hopefully that one what I have is broken and is showing to high humidity

Yep I do it's 86.5cfm (147m3/h) in 2x2tent + 1 6" clip fan
I mean like this... pulling hot air out of the top of the tent, therefore pulling cool air in for the bottom tent vents. Like a fart fan in yer bathroom. Lol!
0C826C7E-D111-4B61-A80B-081E09C667A1.jpeg
D615ABDB-11CB-4338-9CAA-68B190881A7C.jpeg
C5CBE206-4DD4-4D64-8C0E-0E4D10F5FD40.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom