How To Know When To Harvest

Re: How to know when to harvest.

Lake County. hella cool place. I just got transplanted here in Missery. Or as they call it here Mo. But I miss my City Bye the Bay. Gotta love the Emerald Triangle tho. Stay down.

Very good information. Would one be able to find a loupe at a local jewl shop or a pawn shop? I've heard that Radioshack carries something of the sort with a light. Have you heard of this?

Racefan that is great info. My babies are almost ready. The trichomes are 70% clear and 30% milky. Strain is Northern Lights. They look good but are still a little light in weight. I want to leave them on the vine but cold temps are here 28-30 and it will be raining for 4 days. I understand I can tarp but I still may loose buds to mould or harsh conditions. So my question is do I leave the buds until all cloudy so they are more dense and risk loosing some to mother nature or do I harvest and go for the sure thing?

Hey guys if you're looking to use something other than a loupe, RadioShack has a $12 "pocket microscope" that has a built-in light and is awesome... 60-100x magnification and easy to use. You can even order online and pick up at the store ;) I'm hooked on mine!

so im just curious, what happens if you wait to long to harvest?

so im just curious, what happens if you wait to long to harvest?
The deep reddening of the trichs is the first sign of decay of the thc. This effects the phsychoative part of the plant by lowering the THC coontent but raising the cbd's and cbn's. You will end up with a type of high that makes you sleepy but doesn't really get you high in the normal sense. the longer you wait the worse the effect. Plus the stress of waiting could stress the plant into throwing out some male bananas which will release female pollen. If you grow a continuous cycle like a lot of us do where you add a couple plants and harvest a couple of plants every month and never have a completely empty flowering room this could end up seeding your crop.

dang, this is some precise stuff! cant wait though! thanks:Rasta:

When should I start countdown? Would it be from begining of 12/12 cylcle or from first sign of trycs? I have a feeling its from trycs right?

Right. Due to changes in every enviroment from temps to how the plant was feed will affect when the plant will be just right to pluck.

Back
Top Bottom