Indoor soil grows

Urdedpal

The name says it all. Growing indoors with a soil medium. I know this forum will be a great addition to the grow room. :peace:

This is the only technique I have ever practiced, that is, indoor gardening with soil.

mee too .... i try to go hydro from time to time with my clones but they always start to goin' down -n- i end up putting them in the dirt to save them
works 99% of the time.....
WHY is that ??

Ok,here goes.I like soil over hydro for several reasons.Mainly I'm just too lazy to do all of the ph monitoring and adding bubblers and such.Soil is only messy if I have to flush,which I do have to from time to time.I have never had a problem with insects YET,but since I occasionally mix my own soil it's bound to happen.I like to mix WELL-composted horse manure with a sandy soil that I dig from my moms property.I add about a shovel-full of finished compost from my moms finished compost bin and a good handful of fresh wood ash.The compost keeps the sand from hardening into clumps,as will happen sometimes when the horse manure gets completely broken down during heavy veging.The compost that is made from kitchen waste doesn't seem to break down as fast and will still be there when I discard the spent soil.The lite,sandy soil mixture almost always allow my plants to produce better root systems than store bought stuff.And I usually won't have to add nutes through the veg period at all,unless there appears to be a nitrogen deficiency.I would do this with every grow but as I stated earlier I'm lazy.:peace:
Take it easy

Back
Top Bottom