Information

Micka 9

420 Member
Hello can I take cuttings from cuttings from cuttings from cuttings without losing yield quantity and THC strength thanks micka 9

That's... five "generations" (if "...of the original mother" is assumed)?

Sure, in theory. And largely in practice, too.

Largely. This is not an iron-clad, beyond the shadow of a doubt certainty, however.

It's the middle of the night and I suspect neither of us are geneticists, lol, so I'll use simplistic language to mention a thing:

There are multiple types of damage to an organism. If you, whilst growing up, fall and break your arm, it eventually heals and life goes on. But a thorough and complete examination of you, decades later, can show that you once broke your arm. If Great-Uncle Thaddeus the mad (but not certainly not angry) scientist then gets hold of you, takes a biological sample, and uses it to grow a clone of you in one of the vats in his basement... You would not expect the resulting entity to exhibit this same previous damage.

If, instead of having broken your arm, it had been gnawed off by a rampaging Etruscan shrew (which would both take some time - due to the fact that adults of the species average only about 1.8 grams, lol - and be somewhat unusual, since they are not exactly well known for this kind of behavior), and mad, bad, and hilariously sad Granduncle Thad was doing you a favor and growing the clone to use as spare parts here, he should be able to eventually attach a good-as-new arm onto your stump. Because the clone would have two healthy arms. (For a time ;). )

Yes?

But there is also damage to the underlying code. Ol' Thad was pretty good at what he did (okay, "good" might not be a wholly appropriate adjective here :rofl:), but he wasn't capable of miracles, regardless of what Igor thought. If, rather than either of the above two examples, your issue was that of having grown a third arm due to one too many therapeutic enemas at the Chernobyl Day Spa... then I strongly suspect that no amount of Thaddeus' effort would have been able to produce a completely trouble-free copy.

Clear as mud?

Expect your clones to be fine, but do not be wholly surprised if they are not completely so - and avoid Ukrainian health resort nurses. . . .

It's an interesting concept. For example, here's the Wikipedia article about Pando, a male quaking aspen:
Pando (tree) - Wikipedia
Notice that it is an estimated 80,000 years old. This is an example of a clonal colony (sharing one root system), but still. How many "generations" would you figure were involved in the making of this one, lol?

lol all interestingly funny. i did it for a while and came to the conclusion that i wanted to try as many variety's as possible. Taking note of the ones i like most. the choice is mind boggling what to pop next in a good way of course. regards

Most studies say it will degrade over time. Best not to do it if there is anyway around it. Feminizing is the best way these days to continue genetics. That or keeping a mother plant which most people don't have room for.

Hello how’s it going is there a geneticist in the house who can answer me with sientific fact please, now let’s get down to some serious talk what are you on because I need some of that goodness thanks micka 9

Howd you come up with your name?

It's an interesting concept. For example, here's the Wikipedia article about Pando, a male quaking aspen:
Pando (tree) - Wikipedia
Notice that it is an estimated 80,000 years old. This is an example of a clonal colony (sharing one root system), but still. How many "generations" would you figure were involved in the making of this one, lol?

Largely. This is not an iron-clad, beyond the shadow of a doubt certainty, however.

It's the middle of the night and I suspect neither of us are geneticists, lol, so I'll use simplistic language to mention a thing:

There are multiple types of damage to an organism. If you, whilst growing up, fall and break your arm, it eventually heals and life goes on. But a thorough and complete examination of you, decades later, can show that you once broke your arm. If Great-Uncle Thaddeus the mad (but not certainly not angry) scientist then gets hold of you, takes a biological sample, and uses it to grow a clone of you in one of the vats in his basement... You would not expect the resulting entity to exhibit this same previous damage.

If, instead of having broken your arm, it had been gnawed off by a rampaging Etruscan shrew (which would both take some time - due to the fact that adults of the species average only about 1.8 grams, lol - and be somewhat unusual, since they are not exactly well known for this kind of behavior), and mad, bad, and hilariously sad Granduncle Thad was doing you a favor and growing the clone to use as spare parts here, he should be able to eventually attach a good-as-new arm onto your stump. Because the clone would have two healthy arms. (For a time ;). )

Yes?

But there is also damage to the underlying code. Ol' Thad was pretty good at what he did (okay, "good" might not be a wholly appropriate adjective here :rofl:), but he wasn't capable of miracles, regardless of what Igor thought. If, rather than either of the above two examples, your issue was that of having grown a third arm due to one too many therapeutic enemas at the Chernobyl Day Spa... then I strongly suspect that no amount of Thaddeus' effort would have been able to produce a completely trouble-free copy.

Clear as mud?

Expect your clones to be fine, but do not be wholly surprised if they are not completely so - and avoid Ukrainian health resort nurses. . . .

Yes?

Clear as mud?

Thanks for the information take it easy later
Howd you come up with your name?
Hello how’s it going man well in Aus man when I was born there were many boys named Michael,I live on a small island so everyone calls me Micka there is only one person called this name so when I joined 420 they would not let me have my name so I added my favorite number which is 9 hence the name Micka 9 simple as that man thanks

Ahh, cool.... Rapper I like is myka9, I was just curious :rofl::passitleft:

now let’s get down to some serious talk what are you on because I need some of that goodness thanks micka 9

I think it was about my third day without having gotten any sleep. By that point I'm having pretty wild mood swings, and am jabbering more than I (ordinarily) have in the last 25 years. Been "a bit" stressed recently, which wasn't helping.

I once went six days, but that was more or less intentional as I was trying to help a lady friend get through a really rough time - and working eight hours/day while she was sleeping. I'm pretty sure I was hallucinating by that point. Usually I can tell, and either laugh or mentally roll my eyes, depending on what form such things take. But that time... IDK. I guess whatever part of one's mind it is that determines such things had already ran off, screaming, to find solace in some sort of fugue state.

These days, two days seems to be my limit without myself or anyone else noticing, three days ends up being about the maximum I'd want to have to do anything potentially dangerous after, and at about the fourth day I end up falling asleep randomly pretty much regardless of what I happen to be doing, be it standing up, talking to someone on the phone, using the computer, eating, trying to roll paint onto a ceiling (lost a day's wages over that), et cetera. It's probably good that I'm more a shower kind of person than a bath one, lol.

I'm not Shanti :rofl: wish I had his plants though :rofl: and bank account :rofl:

Yes you can take cuttings from cuttings from cuttings... Keep the cutting coming from healthy strong parts of plants and you shouldn't see any change in plant production over generations, 1st will usually be best then same from then on...

But a plant you enjoy from first harvest, the clone may grow different.. its advised to run plants for a few harvests before deciding on your keepers, so you can see their growth and effect

Hello well from what free wheeling Franklin has told me the times of no money and heaps of bud will get you through better than heaps of money and no bud bro freak brothers comics man thanks is shanti on 420 cause I have a question for him thanks. If so how do I talk to him

You mean like these ones
IMG_20180826_144252.jpg

Bloody stoners :rofl:
Mr Nice seed forum is shanties, where you can pm and ask him questions...

Back
Top Bottom