Introduction: documentary filmmaker

Are those exclusive domains?
I’d like to tell the story of Medicinal marijuana, how it was first used where (ancient), how it became illicit (prohibition), how it defied prohibition and became legalized only to become subject to such ulterior motives (taxation) and politics (regulation) that the cultivation of cannabis is now becoming a loosing ($$) situation.
It is admittedly a complicated picture. Grass used to be quite mild and it is now very very potent. “Nobody has ever died from the use of Marijuana” until somebody does, most likely an edible. Is the evidence of increasing psychosis in adolescents due to Cannabis use real or misinformation? Can the Cannabis Industry regulate itself or even defend itself from predatorial taxation? How can Gov’t assuage all concerns? How can Cannabis lobby in it’s own defence.
Ultimately a good documentary, tells a story and encourages an action, provides an incentive a suggests a direction.
I am only beginning to research the situation outside my own locality.

My wife has a license to grow my medicinal but we are not growing right now. I know people who are growing at an industrial scale and feel inhibited by regulations set forth by Health Canada, the overseeing authority in this country. I'd be interested to hear from anyone in Europe; what's the consensus there?
Hmm Europe well I live right under the Netherlands so it's always been widely available for me, although the Dutch system wasn't great as well the consumption and possession was okay but the production side remained illegal causing problems for many Dutch growers and having lots of criminal grows (people being forced to grow weed to pay of debts to shady characters type of stuff) lots of foreign gangs growing and import from Morocco which isn't bad just you don't want to get caught doing it.
In most places it's been decriminalised as far as usage and possession goes but it kinda depends on the mood & type of copper you meet if they'd take it away or let you keep it.
In the 80's it was still a big nono and you'd find yourself amongst real criminals for smoking a blunt... but the past 3 decades it's been quite chill, especially in my hometown where we've been blazing at the pubs since forever really.
But it all still is illegal really.

There are companies involved with medical grows but as per usual licensing and regulations are a lot tighter & difficult here as for medical grows one has to comply to GACP & EU-GMP standards.
Germany seems to be set on allowing home grows.. but I dunno what's up, I've been hearing things about legalisation since forever as well but it never seems to quite get there.
I don't really care anymore, I've for years now adopted the stance to the law of we're on a rock travelling 67000mph around a Star which is travelling at 480000mph through a universe and none of us has an idea of what any of this is and you are telling me I can't grow or smoke this plant? How do you make sense of that.. and then they kinda shuffle around thinking yeah you're right this is silly :)

Back
Top Bottom