Lecithin and edibles: it's not for everybody, other option? Black pepper?

DarkAgdistis

420 Member
Hello,

I would like to share my experiences with lecithin ...

Like most of us trying to produce cannabis edibles for my own use, I know it's important to follow few steps.

First : a good decarb, second : to add some lecithin to increase the absorption by "emulsifying" itself to the existing fat and THC.

But, soy lecithin is very allergenic .... and sunflower lecithin ?

Well, I tried to mix by olive/butter oil with lecithin and I tried those ratio :

1 part cannabis flower weight - 1 part lecithin
results : VERY strong bowels disturbance, unuseable​

1 part cannabis flower weight - 1/2 part lecithin
results : very strong bowels disturbances, nearly unuseable​

1 part cannabis - 1/4 lecithin
results : strong bowels problems​

etc etc

Now I'm down to 1 part cannabis - 1/20 lecithin
results : manageable bowel movements .... yeah !

So all in all, I'm probably strongly allergic to any lecithin ... so I was thinking about using black pepper to improve the bioavailability of the terpenes ...

would anyone have any habits of using it ? under which form do you buy it ? do you use it ? and at which dosage ?

Cheers
DA

PS : I also tried cannabis cobs dust ( so to avoid the lecithin ) and I noticed that when you pass over ingesting 2.5 gr of dried pot, my bowels are not pleased ...
PPS : and strangely, I have the impression that I feel stronger and longer effect with the smallest amount of lecithin ...

Sounds like you e been using way to much sunflower lecithin. I add one, maybe two Tablespoons of liquid sunflower lecithin to a batch of oil or alcohol tincture (2-3 cups) after it is done and while still warm.

Here is a very good tutorial done by a Master gardener here. I follow her directions (with the exception of describing temp - I do 240 degrees for 90 minutes). Hope it s helpful to you.

Hello,

I would like to share my experiences with lecithin ...

Like most of us trying to produce cannabis edibles for my own use, I know it's important to follow few steps.

First : a good decarb, second : to add some lecithin to increase the absorption by "emulsifying" itself to the existing fat and THC.

But, soy lecithin is very allergenic .... and sunflower lecithin ?

Well, I tried to mix by olive/butter oil with lecithin and I tried those ratio :

1 part cannabis flower weight - 1 part lecithin
results : VERY strong bowels disturbance, unuseable​

1 part cannabis flower weight - 1/2 part lecithin
results : very strong bowels disturbances, nearly unuseable​

1 part cannabis - 1/4 lecithin
results : strong bowels problems​

etc etc

Now I'm down to 1 part cannabis - 1/20 lecithin
results : manageable bowel movements .... yeah !

So all in all, I'm probably strongly allergic to any lecithin ... so I was thinking about using black pepper to improve the bioavailability of the terpenes ...

would anyone have any habits of using it ? under which form do you buy it ? do you use it ? and at which dosage ?

Cheers
DA

PS : I also tried cannabis cobs dust ( so to avoid the lecithin ) and I noticed that when you pass over ingesting 2.5 gr of dried pot, my bowels are not pleased ...
PPS : and strangely, I have the impression that I feel stronger and longer effect with the smallest amount of lecithin ...

As Boo says above, you're using way too much sunflower lecithin. I only add 1 tbsp. Is your lecithin liquid?

Technically, I was not asking for a dosage ...

Why ? well ... because I am using 1/4 of a teaspoon ( 2 ml ) of ( yes, liquid ) lecithin for 20 gr of finely decarbed and grinded flowers and 100 ml of olive oil or butter.

So that makes a very small quantity, dont you think so ?

PS : I have checked the recipe and, once again, I am not looking to get effects BECAUSE I DO GET THEM ... I just want to get rid of bowels issues by replacing lecithin by a molecule that doesnt disturb my bowels. I have tried 2 major lecithins sources and all possible dosage ( down to 1/20 ) and I still get problems.

If I remove the lecithin totally : zero issues ( and I still get the effect ).

Technically, I was not asking for a dosage ...

If I remove the lecithin totally : zero issues ( and I still get the effect ).

Well, that's what I would do then. Just don't use it. The lecithin would just make it easier for your body to absorb but if your oils are working for your issues without adding the lecithin then that's what I would do.

Thanks HashGirl ;)

I wonder what percentage of absorption I am missing by being allergic to lecithin.

And I did mention black pepper because peperine could be useful for absorption too ...

PS : I am also severely allergic to alcohol, so I can't extract as long as the kit to purge extracts are not WAAAAAAAY cheaper ....

No problem. I'm happy to help. I make cannaoil on a regular basis so it's something I'm quite comfortable with.

The only use of black pepper that I know of is that smelling it when you're too high can help you relax. But, I can't stand black pepper so I've never actually done that.

I usually just vape some CBD.

Back
Top Bottom