Good compact size
Battery lasts decent time

Cons
Battery takes a while to charge
Clogs easy with no real safe way to clean it
Tips do not last long
No real big hits
Customer service is horrible

There is no real info online about cleaning these, I gave it a last ditch effort, used a needleless syringe full of 91% ISO, shot it through the mouth piece with tip off and unit pointed tip side down. I did this 3x and then 2x with hot tap water, then again with ISO. Let it dry out over night and it did the job.

I contacted Lookah through here about cleaning my unit and the person I was in contact with offered to upgrade me to the PRO model and get it sent to me at no charge. After many days of back and forth, I finally found out a day or so ago it was shipped and recieved a tracking number... Then I got an email from UPS asking for $60+.... I went onto my UPS acount and sure enough the product from Lookah had a bill attached to it of $60+ for import duties.........

How did they think I would pay $60+ for a $45 item I can pick up locally that I didnt ask for in the first place?

So in the end would I purchase this again?

NO

Would I shop this company again?

NO due to C.S. (since first contact this took 15 days)

All I wanted was to know how to clean it, you lost a customer due to promises made and not kept. (because I feel if it were a warranty issue I would get the same treatment - a bill)

EDIT: If you read this thread, you will see that Lookah have handled this as well as could possibly be expected. Thank you, Lookah.

A quick review.......

Pro's
Easy to use
Good compact size
Battery lasts decent time

Cons
Battery takes a while to charge
Clogs easy with no real safe way to clean it
Tips do not last long
No real big hits
Customer service is horrible

There is no real info online about cleaning these, I gave it a last ditch effort, used a needleless syringe full of 91% ISO, shot it through the mouth piece with tip off and unit pointed tip side down. I did this 3x and then 2x with hot tap water, then again with ISO. Let it dry out over night and it did the job.

I contacted Lookah through here about cleaning my unit and the person I was in contact with offered to upgrade me to the PRO model and get it sent to me at no charge. After many days of back and forth, I finally found out a day or so ago it was shipped and recieved a tracking number... Then I got an email from UPS asking for $60+.... I went onto my UPS acount and sure enough the product from Lookah had a bill attached to it of $60+ for import duties.........

How did they think I would pay $60+ for a $45 item I can pick up locally that I didnt ask for in the first place?

So in the end would I purchase this again?

NO

Would I shop this company again?

NO due to C.S. (since first contact this took 15 days)

All I wanted was to know how to clean it, you lost a customer due to promises made and not kept. (because I feel if it were a warranty issue I would get the same treatment - a bill)
I'm really sorry to hear this, wonder what @Lookah has to say :Namaste:

I'm really sorry to hear this, wonder what @Lookah has to say :Namaste:
We shall see, I refused the package and saved the UPS guy his job at the same time. The UPS guy handed the package to me, I said does this have a bill attached to it? He said oh it does, never seen that before, to which I explained the situation, handed it back to him and refused shipment.

UPDATE:

Was contacted by rep who explained that it was a UPS issue, they were not informed of a 150% import fee and it has happened a couple times recently.

Was told a new unit will be shipped with no fees via DHL, that was Monday 3/22.

Lets see how this goes.

We shall see, I refused the package and saved the UPS guy his job at the same time. The UPS guy handed the package to me, I said does this have a bill attached to it? He said oh it does, never seen that before, to which I explained the situation, handed it back to him and refused shipment.
Hello all,
Firstly, thank you for the feedback and for making us aware of this issue.

We are very sorry for this monumental cock-up. While it is of not consultation we have had several issues like this over the past week due to some serious miscommunication with our shipping agent.

I'm sure many will be aware of changes to the PACT Act which put vapes into the same classification of electric cigarettes under the Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS).

We were assured we could still deliver until the end of this month without any impact on services. However, something to do with the labeling for these products has gone askew and we are working as hard as we can to rectify it.
There shouldn't be any extra charges on deliveries from us and if and where there may be one we would urge you to contact us as soon as possible via our customer support email so we can make amends and put it right.
The email for our Customer Service: support@lookah.com

"The PACT Act requirements summarized above apply to ENDS effective 90 days from the date of enactment, or on or about March 28, 2021."

"Federal Express and United Parcel Service (UPS), have recently announced that they would cease all deliveries of vapor products. According to Vaping360, as of March 1, 2021"

So what I gather is if the product would have gone out sooner there may have been no issue but because it took so long for it to get it shipped it came too close to the 'NEW' deadline so now you can no longer ship directly to customers without all the Government hoops, age verification, ATF registration, etc etc etc.........

Wonder how many companies this will destroy?

We were told by our shipping agent FedEx would stop on March 1, and UPS on April 5.
DHL is also no longer taking vape packages.
At the moment we can only use USPS for vape shipping for parcels starting inside the US, and I'm not sure for how long exactly this will continue.

Can you explain exactly what would happen if someone had a warranty issue on one of these, how would they get it resolved?

Vape products shipping ban - Dates from the respective web sites.........

Fire your shipping agent they lied to you....

Fed EX ---- Banned
UPS --------April 5
USPS ------Cant find a date (assume its now)
DHL -------March 26

Hi, our standard warranty policy for any of the vapes is that if we can't fix it to replace like for like or an upgrade.
If it's a fault accessory we can send a replacement accessory, if the device itself is the faulty part then we replace that.
We would advise anyone with a faulty device to email our customer service team as soon as possible.
Customer Service:support@lookah.com

We will ask for proof of purchase, if ordered from our webpage an order number is fine. If not this can be a photo of the receipt or of the payment on the card or bank statement if no receipt is available. We would also ask which store or roller the device was purchased from.
Where a receipt isn't available we may ask for other proof such as a photo of the device and box or verification code.

We were sending out these replacements from our US stock or HK stock if not available in the US. however, it appears we can't do it from the HK stock now so have to do it from the US stock only. We sometimes run out of stock before we get new shipments in as customs can be unpredictable. This may cause a delay to any replacement.

Sometimes shipments to our US warehouse can go through customs in a few days other times they can sit there for a few weeks. We are working to try and keep more stock in the US to avoid this happening. We are also seeking other shipping partners for shipping to our US warehouse and also B2B and B2C deliveries.

Yes, We have some stock just cleared customs. A number of glass water pipes and some vapes, not all vapes unfortunately, we still have other packages waiting to clear customs.

Well I got a surprise in my mail box today.......

A BILL FROM UPS TO COVER THE IMPORT FEES ON A PRODUCT I NEVER ORDERED AND REFUSED SHIPMENT OF SAID PRODUCT.

THIS IS NOT COOL AND I WILL NOT PAY IT AND NO INTELLIGENT PERSON WOULD.

I WILL BE UPDATING THIS AS SOON AS I FINISH WITH THE CALL I AM ABOUT TO MAKE TO UPS.

Second attempt to different number ended up transfering me to another number and 23 minutes on hold...

I will try again tomorrow early AM and see if I can speak with a person and explain the situation and try to determine why I am getting billed...

Tried UPS chat and after 14 minutes of chat........

Geovany C (4/12/2021, 3:callme:38 PM):
Thank you so much for waiting, I was reviewing the information, since this is an international invoice, this is out of my expertise, we recommend you to contact our Brokerage Billing Department at 1-866-493-7140 or 1-502-485-2600 and they open from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. Since they don't have a chat department and to get the proper assistance.

Me (4/12/2021, 3:byebye:11 PM):
was on hold for over 20 minutes each on both lines....

Me (4/12/2021, 3:byebye:20 PM): thats why i tried this

Geovany C (4/12/2021, 3:dreamy:46 PM): I am truly truly sorry that you have been waiting for this, since they do not have a chat department the only way to talk to them it will be over the phone.

Wait, why are UPS charging you?
If the shipment is refused it will be returned to the sender, there should be no fee to you. This is odd. I don't know what UPS is doing with this.

Wait, why are UPS charging you?
If the shipment is refused it will be returned to the sender, there should be no fee to you. This is odd. I don't know what UPS is doing with this.
That would be my thought too, maybe you guys could check into it via your shipping agent.

I will also try the telephone again in the AM like I stated previously.

Back
Top Bottom