Massachusetts Growers

Mt. Greylock area, northern Berks., 45f tonight and 62f tomorrow. Burr !!

Yeah, chilly! Got up this morning and fought back the urge to turn the heat on. I did crank the heat in the car on the way to Dunkies for the morning coffee run at 4:30am though. Brrrrr! :(

Yeah, chilly! Got up this morning and fought back the urge to turn the heat on. I did crank the heat in the car on the way to Dunkies for the morning coffee run at 4:30am though. Brrrrr! :(
I call this hoodie weather, and It's my favorite time of the year !!

How are those out door grows going? 46F when I got up this morning. Harvest time is coming!

How are those out door grows going? 46F when I got up this morning. Harvest time is coming!
Should be interesting. But I'm an indoor grower, with no central heat/air, so I need to regulate temps with portable A/C and/or space heater.

The girls woke up to a perfect 72° this morning.

Z5DjWy8.jpg

A few shots of the family
FGIQ9bQ.jpg
Yg5WXMu.jpg
G5P1wPv.jpg
CPjl8aj.jpg

Hi fellow MassGrowers. You know what? Our garden pest was yes was stink bugs. It's a certain strain from Japan. They eat anything. They burrow a hole in stems to suck the life away. They destroy fruit orchards, nut farms etc. Apparently weed too.
Thanks to you guys, I injected wholes in stems with neem. Sprayed (organics don't do a thing to them) so I went 3-4 times a day bug hunting. They only jump on the plant. So I would just clap my hands on the leaf they were on. Haven't seen any in couple weeks. Woohoo. MassGrowers RULE!

Top view of our outdoor ladies
20190915_105738.jpg

Hi fellow MassGrowers. You know what? Our garden pest was yes was stink bugs. It's a certain strain from Japan. They eat anything. They burrow a hole in stems to suck the life away. They destroy fruit orchards, nut farms etc. Apparently weed too.
Thanks to you guys, I injected wholes in stems with neem. Sprayed (organics don't do a thing to them) so I went 3-4 times a day bug hunting. They only jump on the plant. So I would just clap my hands on the leaf they were on. Haven't seen any in couple weeks. Woohoo. MassGrowers RULE!

Top view of our outdoor ladies
20190915_105738.jpg
And you got smooth sailing as far as weather is concerned. At least 8-9 days of sunshine !! If I had any outside plants growing, It would be raining every 2-3 days and mold would be setting in !! So thank me for not growing this year !! You got them looking top shelf Newfun !!

Ugh! The cold is here. The heat goes on, the Grow environment goes from a de-humidifier sucking water out of the air, just barely able to keep it at 50% RH, to a humidifier dumping water into the air. Gotta love forced hot air heat systems. Dry as the desert when it gets cold!

And a week later, MA places a 4 month ban on vape, Nicotine and THC! Whats up with that!?

I'm assuming its legal, so if not, report my post, lol!!!

I've recently learned how to distill THC and CBD oil from plant material. It can be trim or bud, of course higher yields with bud. It starts with growing the plants as per usual, then after trimming and curing, I do the ethanol wash that is familiar to most that hang out here. After I get it to the "RSO/CCO/FECO" level, which is 50% THC at best, I take the "crude oil" and run it through a Short Path Distillation rig I have been building for a few years now. I hit 81% on the first run, and then 89% on the second run.

Why am I telling you this? I am wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a real community hemp grow next spring/summer/fall. I believe we are allowed whatever we want, as it is federally and state legal. Those that may be interested, we'll pool the resulting harvest, then cook it down, and then run it through the short path still, with the end result being 90% full spectrum CBD oil.

I'm all about transparency, so happy to explain everything, and if you are interested in building your own still, I'll help with that too. Its kinda fun. Plus, I know PRECISELY what is in my vape. Also, I'm vaping full throttle, as our state has banned it. My lungs feel fine. I don't cut my oil with anything. I swear at the end, the VAPI issue will wind up being caused by something some dispenseries have bveen cutting the pure oil with. Vitamin E acetate as an example.

That or the fact that allot of the place around are doing all kinds of crazy shit, using methanol, Hexane, pentane, and all that not so fun stuff. I suppose its fine if they guarantee they can evaporate 100% of it off. But I'd rather use oil that came from ethanol extraction.

At any rate, let me know if anyone is interested. I have pics and video of my last run, but haven't posted it cuz I don't know how to post video, and I don't think anyone gives a shit so don't want to spam, lol!

Hope everyone is doing well this white and wintery day!

Pic of the last run. 1 gram in each syringe, 23 grams in the jar.

F676BD6C-F3C6-4344-BD8D-D049D035B9A5.jpeg

I moved here from California in 1975. And all the way up to about yr. 2000, we would go on vacation, and leave our doors unlocked. Getting robbed never crossed our minds. But t here days, larger % of addicts, looking to get their next fix, at my expense . 13 yr. old kids telling adults to go F themselves !! I don’t fit in anymore, so I mostly stay home. I don’t play well with others !!
Hey there, I’m in a similar boat, tired of the surly youngsters. None of this at my own home place. Glad to know I’m not alone in this thinking!! Grew up in New England, up yonder nort’, ya know. :) I’m there part time nowadays.

Hey there, I’m in a similar boat, tired of the surly youngsters. None of this at my own home place. Glad to know I’m not alone in this thinking!! Grew up in New England, up yonder nort’, ya know. :) I’m there part time nowadays.

When a 13 year old gives me shit, I send my 13 year old after them. He is as big as a 16 year, so its quite effective.

Hey dude... Did you plant the seeds direct in the pot you flipped them in? Or did you start in solos or something smaller. I'm asking cuz they are big for 17 days in. Also, is there a strategy behind not filling the pots all the way? If so, I'd be interested to here about it. Maybe you didn't have enough soil, lol. Who knows.

After doing 2 auto grows and going straight into the final pot, I've realized that they grow hella fast without a transplant, compared to the shock that transplanting gives them. Yours look like mine at 30-35 days. I transplant at about 20 days, then again just before I flip the switch to flower.

Here is 1 of the 5 Barney's Laughing Budha. They are currently in 1 gallon pots, at day 25. Much smaller than yours. I transplanted them from 4" shallows (about the size of a solo cup but square) at 15 days. Of course, they shot for 5-10 days each time they are uppotted. Maybe I'll cut 1 of the transplants out, and see of that works.

LOL, sorry, just rambling......

Feedback mucho appreciated.

D616C88B-4D64-4E04-A8B8-9217692A6D0E.jpeg
CB31587F-14D1-4478-BDF0-9FE307363E0C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom