My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

Thanks for your comments man, appreciate it! I'm fascinated with my new hobby.

My plant is 5 weeks old and all I'll I've done is water her until today when I used some Alaska Morbloom at 1/2 strength, it's 0-10-10. My plant is covered with flowers so I thought I'd try this weak mixture now in addition to what's in the Miracle Grow slow release P K.

IMG_20240112_093349168.jpg
She looks good my friend but your right about nutrients.
It's time to switch to a flowering formula.
If she does well you might want to increase strength.
But let's see.
Just curious do you have a smoke detector near the grow area? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looking Good!

My suggestion would be to trust your gardening instincts and go with what you know.

A few tips to a seasoned gardener(you).

Cannabis likes a damp to wettish soil composition. Read up on all the watering lessons you can. It is my belief that a large part of the issues that we have with cannabis originate from improper watering practices.

Cannabis, while a nutrient whore, doesn't like a hot soil. MG, on it's own, is too hot IMO. I read that you cut it and that's great but, next time, I would look at media that is skewed toward cannabis. Some that come to mind are Fox Farms and Happy Frog. I like to use a cannabis centric soil called Roots Organic Original. There are a few other blends that would work great along with your local nursery mixing up a custom blend for you but that's going to take some experimentation to what you like to see in your gardens.
I've grown in MG and the difference I see is in its oxygen retention and nutrient makeup. Most of the cannabis soils have higher concentrations of perlite/vermiculite to allow for better gas exchange in the soil along with having a more tailored nutrient ratio that cannabis likes. That's not to say that you can't do it in MG but if you truly want to give your plant the best environment for its roots I would consider the above mentioned media.

Beneficial fungi like mycorrhizae is also good to premix into your soil so that you get those beneficial fungal colonies to develop and supercharge your growth.

She looks good my friend but your right about nutrients.
It's time to switch to a flowering formula.
If she does well you might want to increase strength.
But let's see.
Just curious do you have a smoke detector near the grow area? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Sounds good about let's see how it goes and possibly increase.

As a matter of fact I do have a smoke detector very close to the grow area. I guess the implication is the smell could set it off? Lol

Sounds good about let's see how it goes and possibly increase.

As a matter of fact I do have a smoke detector very close to the grow area. I guess the implication is the smell could set it off? Lol

I can't read it anymore.
But lots of good lifesaving suggestions in there. :thumb:
Your wires made me concerned. :Namaste:
Just want you to be safe my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looking Good!

My suggestion would be to trust your gardening instincts and go with what you know.

A few tips to a seasoned gardener(you).

Cannabis likes a damp to wettish soil composition. Read up on all the watering lessons you can. It is my belief that a large part of the issues that we have with cannabis originate from improper watering practices.

Cannabis, while a nutrient whore, doesn't like a hot soil. MG, on it's own, is too hot IMO. I read that you cut it and that's great but, next time, I would look at media that is skewed toward cannabis. Some that come to mind are Fox Farms and Happy Frog. I like to use a cannabis centric soil called Roots Organic Original. There are a few other blends that would work great along with your local nursery mixing up a custom blend for you but that's going to take some experimentation to what you like to see in your gardens.
I've grown in MG and the difference I see is in its oxygen retention and nutrient makeup. Most of the cannabis soils have higher concentrations of perlite/vermiculite to allow for better gas exchange in the soil along with having a more tailored nutrient ratio that cannabis likes. That's not to say that you can't do it in MG but if you truly want to give your plant the best environment for its roots I would consider the above mentioned media.

Beneficial fungi like mycorrhizae is also good to premix into your soil so that you get those beneficial fungal colonies to develop and supercharge your growth.
Thanks very much for this wealth of information! I will try one of the soils you have suggested for my next indoor grow. Maybe I'll see the plant thrives much better and I just didn't know any better this time.

I appreciate your tips and suggestion to trust my instincts/intuition.

Thanks man!

I can't read it anymore.
But lots of good lifesaving suggestions in there. :thumb:
Your wires made me concerned. :Namaste:
Just want you to be safe my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I'm sorry to hear about this man. 😐

Thanks very much for sharing this with me! I'll sharpen this closet up before next time.

I actually emptied the closet hurriedly to throw something together quickly when I realized my plant was not growing well in my living room window. I was so dumb I was trying to grow it without any lights the first two weeks in the window. I'll bet she would be much more impressive today if I wouldn't have wasted the initial time in the window with cloudy days.

Thanks very much for sharing this with me! I'll sharpen this closet up before next time.

I actually emptied the closet hurriedly to through something together quickly when I realized my plant was not growing well in my living room window. I was so dumb I was trying to grow it without any lights the first two weeks in the window. I'll bet she would be much more impressive today if I wouldn't have wasted the initial time in the window with cloudy days.
Try and set up your closet space so that you don't have to fix it later with a full grown plant blowing up with flowers.

Exhaust fan, Strong grow light, circulating fan for inside closet air movement. Before anything step inside the closet and close the door to make sure you don't have any light leaks.

Thanks very much for this wealth of information! I will try one of the soils you have suggested for my next indoor grow. Maybe I'll see the plant thrives much better and I just didn't know any better this time.

I appreciate your tips and suggestion to trust my instincts/intuition.

Thanks man!
Have you read @Emilya Green’s thread on how to water plants? It’s very highly recommended reading. CL🍀

Bill had a tent fire....

I busted out laughing at this because of how heavy it took the conversation so fast.. This laughter is also why I don’t have many friends in real life 🤣

Try and set up your closet space so that you don't have to fix it later with a full grown plant blowing up with flowers.

Exhaust fan, Strong grow light, circulating fan for inside closet air movement. Before anything step inside the closet and close the door to make sure you don't have any light leaks.
I definitely have light leaks around the door. Is this an issue if I'm just at growing auto flowers? I read it's definitely an issue for photos.

Have you read @Emilya Green’s thread on how to water plants? It’s very highly recommended reading. CL🍀
I clicked on her name when you recommended this article but I couldn't find it once I got there. I'm not the sharpest tack sometimes when it comes to navigating on new sites. Since you mentioned this twice I would like to read her article though.

I actually emptied the closet hurriedly to throw something together quickly when I realized my plant was not growing well in my living room window. I was so dumb I was trying to grow it without any lights the first two weeks in the window. I'll bet she would be much more impressive today if I wouldn't have wasted the initial time in the window with cloudy days.
We all do our best with what we have. :Namaste:
You have a healthy plant and your having fun.:thumb: Perfect!
Takes time but before you know it your addicted. 😂🤣
It can be a lot of fun.
Just don't rush something and overlook safety.
Your more important than your garden my friend. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I definitely have light leaks around the door. Is this an issue if I'm just at growing auto flowers? I read it's definitely an issue for photos.
You can run your light 24/7 with auto’s, it’s only photos that you need to look 👀 out for. CL🍀

We all do our best with what we have. :Namaste:
You have a healthy plant and your having fun.:thumb: Perfect!
Takes time but before you know it your addicted. 😂🤣
It can be a lot of fun.
Just don't rush something and overlook safety.
Your more important than your garden my friend. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
What a good attitude. Thanks man! 👍☮️

Back
Top Bottom